Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nostromo Top 25 Movies The Ride (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=51688)

Nostromo87 10-19-17 10:55 PM

Nostromo Top 25 Movies The Ride

http://image.ibb.co/cumCt6/movies.gif

#25. Out For Justice (1991)
#24. Scarface (1983)
#23. Jennifer's Body (2009)
#22. Zombieland (2009)
#21. Nightmare 4 (1988)
#20. The Longest Yard (1974)
#19. Rock N Roll (1979)
#18. Elvira (1988)

http://image.ibb.co/fa1Ct6/gretchen_mg.png

Nostromo87 10-19-17 10:56 PM

OUT FOR JUSTICE(1991)

Hate me tomorrow, alright?

Loose cannon Brookyln gangster crack addict Richie Madano shoots Bobby Arms in front of his wife and kids. Steven Seagal's best friend shot right next to a fruit stand. An essay on that, let's write it- Let's go let's go let's go. @Swan, get the synth riffs on this one- dunn dunn dunn DUNN DUNN DUNN. And don't worry Vicky, Seagal's gonna make it to the divorce hearing on time. Least he's nice enough to pick up a dog thrown out of a car in a trash bag, names him Coraggio "to be brave." Lotta bar scenes, Officer Seagal, he goes around... looking for Richie, basically a Steven Seagal slasher film. A guy comes at him with a meat cleaver, gets it reversed into his leg. 'Nother guy gets a baseball bat to the occipital lobe (backside of the head). Few other guys get their teeth knocked out with pool balls. Who's up for some billiards? @The Rodent. Seagal's brother, he's tied in with the Brooklyn crime family. Hey Bobby Omm, get me a beer, huh!

These are the kind of movies I used to watch with my dad. 90s extravaganza leads to a club, and Seagal runs into that dame Gina Gershon. Final act arrives amidst a big party with cocaine, shotguns, and corkscrews to the head. Richie Madano's played by William Forsythe, one big cornburger. I feel like this movie, it can be bagged on a lot for B-movie qualities, and yet, this is the kind of movie I'd rather watch. Out for action? You found it. In this pounding police thriller that boyhood-adversary-turned-criminal scum turns the streets into a war zone. And Seagal with his Aikido combat skills is a movie guy I've always liked.

cricket 10-19-17 11:02 PM

Saw that at the movies. Seagal ruled back in the day.

The Gunslinger45 10-19-17 11:13 PM

Re: Nostromo Top 25 Movies The Ride

As someone raised on 80’s and 90’s action, Seagal was not really my guy. But I have seen Out for Justice and I liked it.

Nostromo87 10-20-17 05:01 AM

People forget this is a well-crafted film, with a motherload of build-up and tension. After crossing north from Cuba to Miami, Tony works at a burger stand with his buddy Manny. One big trip to the Miami strip while the whole movie works like a nice quality cigar. This actually feels like a movie for goofy naive douchebag college movie dudes who put the Scarface poster on their wall, but I think people forget, control doesn't pass along to Tony until 2+ hours in, they write it off, they leave it. Hey, it's a big trip movie. A Miami coacaine hallucination. Tony does his work for the flash, style, and pizazz. Outworking that bum Frankie, and chasing his girl Michelle Pfeiffer, the tiger queen. Plus, it's where GTA Vice City started, basically, defnintely. One fun showtime playtime film, as much or I'd say more fun than GoodFellas with a not so dissimilar structure yet released eight years earlier. Break it down, how different is it?

Most importantly, it's fun. A vacation to South Beach with Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer, Gina- Tony's sister with her super-80s fabulous brunette hairstyle, Walk along the razor's edge, But don't look down, just keep your head, Or you'll be finished, Open up the limit, Past the point of no return, You've reached the top but still you gotta learn How to keep it, Hit the wheel and double the stakes, Throttle wide open like a bat out of hell, Crash the gates!

honeykid 10-20-17 07:06 AM

I love Scarface. Have it on my 100 and think it's brilliant.

cricket 10-20-17 08:03 AM

I was 12 when my father took me to see Scarface, and I remember the line went around the block. I'd have to see it again to be sure how I feel about it. I know I like it.

The Gunslinger45 10-20-17 11:39 AM

Call me a contrarian c*** all ya want, I am not a Scarface fan.

Mr Minio 10-20-17 11:40 AM

Warning! Plebeian taste!

Nostromo87 10-20-17 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1805436)
Warning! Plebeian taste!
Snob alert!

Nostromo87 10-20-17 01:56 PM

#23.
http://image.ibb.co/bBZK6R/Jennifer_s_Body_2009.png
JENNIFER'S BODY (2009)

High art

Steamy action and gore galore as a Minnesota farming town succumbs to hottie Jennifer's insatiable appetite for human flesh. The only thing standing in the way of Jennifer's new reign of terror is her best friend, Amanda Seyfried, previously demoted to living in her best friend's shadow! Rock band Low Shoulder's performing at the local Melody Lane club. So Megan Fox tells Amanda Seyfried's Needy we are going out tonight. And when the club catches on fire, the band abducts Megan Fox into the woods. Where they sacrifice Jennifer's body as part of a black magic ritual to their evil spirits and leave her to rot. Only, instead of dying, she comes back as a demon-vampire man-eating she-beast.. bc, ya know, she wasn't actually a virgin. Duh, keep up

While Amanda Seyfried is worried for her friend, Megan Fox is busy eating boys. And her next target is Amanda Seyfried's boyfriend Chip, who thinks he can take care of himself bc he uses bowflex... doesn't work out too well for him. Chip does manage to stab a giant pole through the she-beast's stomach at one point, prompting Megan Fox to ask Amanda Seyfried for a tampon to plug that up. Leading to a decisive battle-to-the-death between Jennifer and Needy. Oh, @Funny Face may be pleased to know that her Pratty Cakes is in this movie, only for a brief passing moment at the Melody Lane club before it goes down in flames. Junky and terrible movie, don't watch it. Actually, i like Jennifer's Body. go figure. Should have won the academy award for best screenplay in 2009

Nostromo87 10-20-17 11:42 PM

It's amazing how quickly things can go from bad to total sh!tstorm, and why am I alive when everyone around me has turned to meat? It's because of my list of rules, Rule #1 for surviving Zombieland? Cardio. When the virus struck, for obvious reasons, the first ones to go were the fatties. But as the infection spread, and chaos grew, it wasn't enough to just be fast on your feet. You had to get a gun, and learn how to use it. Which leads me to my second rule, the double tap. In those moments when you're not sure the undead are really dead dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets. I mean, one more clean shot to the head, and this lady could have avoided becoming a human happy meal. Wasn't long before the zombies began to get clever. When you're at your most vulnerable, somehow they could just smell it. Can't a guy take a dump in peace? *Zombie attack* Don't let them catch you with your pants down, rule number three. As zombies began to outnumber humans, well that's when you had to cut all emotional ties. You had to focus on your own survival, Which leads to rule number four, pretty basic, Fasten your seatbelts. Sounds like message board culture!

Nostromo87 10-21-17 01:06 AM

@Mr Minio and the two people who repped his rudeness, they didn't listen to Steven Seagal-
Don't be a bad guy, be a nice guy.

If those three aren't spineless it'd be cool to see them bring forth some real opinions. Instead of hiding behind that kind of smugness that ruins the internet

mark f 10-21-17 01:17 AM

I reckon you're not aware of Minio's sense of humor. No, I didn't rep it because it's kinda old hat to me.

Swan 10-21-17 01:29 AM

I didn't rep Minio either, mainly cause he's a pebble too.

Velvet 10-21-17 01:33 AM

i repped him cause im his slave :laugh:

Nostromo87 10-21-17 03:38 AM

#21.
http://image.ibb.co/eTZpO6/Dream_Master_Backup.png
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST 4:
THE DREAM MASTER (1988)

As her friends succumb one by one to Freddy's wrath, the torch passes to Alice to embark on a mission to destroy the dream demon and finally release her friends from severe torment. Dream Warriors is usually referred to as the best Nightmare sequel, and as far as the atmosphere and visuals it gets a lot right... So up first, this is a battle between Nightmare 3 and Nightmare 4. At it's core, Dream Master GETS IT, I feel, more than Dream Warriors does- which was a successful film at the box office and through time with fans... It is close, yet when I watch 3, the sense I get is that Chuck Russell was making a masked joke of Elm Street in a way. Parts of it I definitely groove along with. Not to say Dream Master doesn't have flaws, Tuesday Knight gets ripped on as Kristen... she replaced Patricia Arquette. She doesn't bother me. All the characters in 4, really, they work for me.

It is an out with the old, in with the new film. Alice, Dan, Debbie, Rick, and Sheila replace the survivors from 3. The big viking Finnish man Renny Harlin directs, his first breakthrough film, earning the best box office draw of all the 80s and 90s Elm Street films, even more than Wes Craven's original. Craven said this was his favorite sequel too, I believe. This is a real go-to movie for me, I have to watch a lot of films for my film minor classes, that I'm sure the arthouse mafia would worship... I do see what those movies are doing, challenging the traditional narrative, breaking up how the audience is used to seeing stories play out on the screen... I have to do assignments about those kinds of movies and essays and all that, when I finally get done with all that stuff- this is a movie I love to put in and enjoy... When I get all that WORK out of the way and get to enjoy my own choices and trips to Elm Street. That's my experience with Nightmare 4, one of my most frequent replay films. I'd love for my film class teachers to make me write about THIS.

cricket 10-21-17 08:26 AM

I still haven't seen Jennifer's Body:facepalm:

Mr Minio 10-21-17 10:09 AM

@nostromo87, I always thought dismissive snarky comments are a must in Internet discussion. Oh snap, forgot about Poe's law again!
Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1806024)
i repped him cause im his slave :laugh:
*Sigh of relief*. At least you did not rape me. But I like the slave part.
Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1806020)
I didn't rep Minio either, mainly cause he's a pebble too.
We'll work this out later on Facebook. I won't stand such behaviour! Calling me a pebble? You... you... nub!
Originally Posted by mark f (Post 1806014)
I reckon you're not aware of Minio's sense of humor. No, I didn't rep it because it's kinda old hat to me.
Yeah, I realize that five years of sexual innuendos and Arthouse/Mainstream mafia talk may make anybody weary, but guess what? There's more to come!

Nostromo87 10-21-17 03:12 PM

At first it seemed unnecessary @Mr Minio, maybe this thread is meant to be a combat zone for arthouse vs more entertainment-like films however.

The Gunslinger45 10-21-17 03:15 PM

I love Zombieland. Been a consistent top 30 or so favorite film of mine for a long while. Too low if you ask me, but hey not my list.

Sexy Celebrity 10-21-17 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1806203)
I still haven't seen Jennifer's Body:facepalm:
Oh, I'm sure you've seen a Jennifer's body once before.

Camo 10-21-17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1805435)
Call me a contrarian c*** all ya want, I am not a Scarface fan.
Yeah i really despise it.

Cool list so far Nostromo! Very unique choices. Other than Scarface, Zombieland is alot of fun and i can't even remember what happens in Nightmare On Elm Street 4. The only ones i remember is the first, third and New Nightmare.

Nostromo87 10-21-17 03:31 PM

In an unexpected turn of events,

Sexy Celebrity 10-21-17 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1806382)
i can't even remember what happens in Nightmare On Elm Street 4.
Remember the people who survived Nightmare on Elm Street 3?

Freddy kills them all. Then a new girl and her boyfriend survive part 4.

And in 5, Freddy kills the boyfriend and she lives again. That's how it all went down.

The Gunslinger45 10-21-17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by nostromo87 (Post 1806384)
In an unexpected turn of events,

Fanny & Alexander was good, but I prefer Swayze and Sam Elliot to Bergman.

The Gunslinger45 10-21-17 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1806388)
Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1806382)
i can't even remember what happens in Nightmare On Elm Street 4.

And in 5, Freddy kills the boyfriend and she lives again. That's how it all went down.
And all that was after Part 3 killed Nancy

Camo 10-21-17 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1806388)

Yeah i have vague memories of that. I've seen them all more than once, still have my boxset from when i was like 10 years old. I remember i was supposed to be staying with my friend at his dads one weekend and i brought that boxset, when he realized i had it and was attempting to bring it to his house he literally turned the car around and took us back to his mums as he didn't approve of him watching it :rotfl:

Mr Minio 10-21-17 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by nostromo87 (Post 1806384)
This is like choosing between a passionate sex with a girl you love and a scat rape by a big slimy man in dark alley. Even though there are people who would prefer the latter, I know what my choice is. What's yours?

cricket 10-21-17 04:19 PM

Road House!

Camo 10-21-17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1806422)
Road House!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4HlIBDOjQ

Nostromo87 10-21-17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1806415)
This is like choosing between a passionate sex with a girl you love and a scat rape by a big slimy man in dark alley. Even though there are people who would prefer the latter, I know what my choice is. What's yours?
:lol:, wut?

Joel 10-21-17 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1806415)
Road House by a mile, and what the shlt is a scat rape..is that when you put on a scatman crothers mask and do a shuffle beforehand?

Mr Minio 10-21-17 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1806560)
what the shlt is a scat rape?
Exactly. You can Google Image Search scat sex, if you are brave and over 18.

Nostromo87 10-22-17 02:51 PM

#20.
http://image.ibb.co/fKFFFm/The_Longe...1974_img_3.png
THE LONGEST YARD (1974)

You take your football down here real serious, don't you?

Retired All-American quarterback son of a bitch Paul Crewe (Burt Reynolds) gets arrested for stealing his girlfriend's maserati, drunken driving, and resisting arrest, sending him to the Interstate Correctional Facility for an eighteen month sentence. This first part of the movie, it's filmed in Savannah, Georgia, a fun town I've vacationed to a few times. This part of the country, I'm familiar with it, without going too much into that. Upon arriving at the prison, the warden Rudolph Hazen tries to convince the retired quarterback to coach his semi-pro football team whose roster's full of the guards at the prison. Crewe turns him down, just wants to do his time and get outta there, earning himself a rough stretch hauling mud with the other prison inmates. Crewe agrees to help the warden's football team the next time he meets up with Hazen, on one condition, a tune up game between the guards and inmates before the season starts. Seeing an opportunity to display his power over the prison inmates, the warden accepts. Some of the noteworthy players on the prison team Burt Reynolds put together include Samson aka Jaws from Bond films The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Also, Granville, the first black inmate to join the team, is finally able to hook his friends to come along as well to provide the team with athleticism at wide receiver and speed out of the backfield. Another tough guy on the team is this guy they call Mr Shackner.

Mr Shackner, is this @cricket or is this cricket

http://image.ibb.co/c6Rpam/tly_cr.png

Prison dynamic lifts the film, as warden Hazen looks to show up the whole prison population with a fear and violence philosophy, giving the inmates this chance to be free for a few hours, try to be men again, so he can destroy them. Rough and tumble tale filmed on-location at a state prison. The prison guards vs the prisoners- The Mean Machine. People can learn a great deal from a skillfully played football game- offense, defense. Spirit of achievement, teamwork. We're gettin' up a football game against the guards, you wanna play?
With the guards? Yea, I wanna play.
Good ole-Burt Reynolds time.

Swan 10-22-17 03:00 PM

This thread disturbs me now.

Nostromo87 10-22-17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1807075)
This thread disturbs me now.
Who knows what the potato was talking about
Moving forward

cricket 10-22-17 03:10 PM

Love that movie. The remake isn't horrible but it's nowhere close to that original.

Nostromo87 10-22-17 08:31 PM

Hey @cricket, do you have some other favorite Burt Reynolds flicks other than Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and Boogie Nights (1997)? White Lightning (1973) was cool, been a few years since I saw it.

cricket 10-22-17 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by nostromo87 (Post 1807291)
Hey @cricket, do you have some other favorite Burt Reynolds flicks other than Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and Boogie Nights (1997)? White Lightning (1973) was cool, been a few years since I saw it.
Hooper, Deliverance, and The Cannonball Run are also favorites.

Like White Lightning, Gator, Semi-Tough, and The End are movies I really liked but haven't seen in several years.

Nostromo87 10-22-17 10:24 PM

#19.
https://image.ibb.co/ePNCT6/Rock_N_R...chool_1979.png
ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL (1979)

Never before has the school board seen a student body such as this, but starting today, things will be different. May I present to you an administrator who has promised to carry out her duties with an iron fist. The new principal of Vince Lombardi High, Miss Evelyn Togar. *Clapping* Togar is introduced to Riff Randell (PJ Soles) pretty quick, as she steals the music teacher's turntable and blares music over the intercom speaker system. Togar proclaims THIS INCIDENT IS GOING DOWN ON YOUR PERMANENT RECORD, a record that's gonna follow you throughout your entire life! You have managed to upset the entire school with this godforsaken noise. One of the crucial launching points of the film is Eaglebauer Enterprises, run by Clint Howard, inside a pimped out bathroom stall. Eaglebauer Enterprises is a name that stands for quality, and he's the kinda guy who helps people with their problems. Meanwhile Riff Randell is obsessed with The Ramones and bails on class for three days to get tickets for their next concert. Eh, those parts are okay, I get a kick out of the other scenes though, like Togar's dorky hall monitors who go around persecuting freshmen.

This is one of Roger Corman's cult classics. The man who helped jump the careers of Jack Nicholson, Francis Ford Coppola, and Martin Scorsese. What's fun about these kind of movies is they don't present themselves like these super major-refined productions that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make. They were good-fun low budget hangout films made for not all that much really and probably filmed pretty easily and quickly. This one cost $200,000. She is Miss Togar, and she is the new principal of this school. AND WHO ARE YOU?! I just talked to the chief of police, and he's going to storm the building. Notice the loss of hearing. Nonsense! They should be made an example of for the whole school! Hey ho, let's go!

cricket 10-22-17 10:39 PM

I don't think I've ever seen that

Nostromo87 10-22-17 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1807343)
I don't think I've ever seen that
P.J. Soles after her roles in Carrie (1976) and when she took her shirt off in Halloween (1978), I guess!

cricket 10-22-17 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by nostromo87 (Post 1807363)
P.J. Soles after her roles in Carrie (1976) and when she took her shirt off in Halloween (1978), I guess!
Oh yea that's her in the top pic

Nostromo87 10-25-17 03:44 AM

#18.
http://image.ibb.co/nATMam/Elvira_Mi..._Dark_1988.gif
ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK (1988)

That gal with the enormous... uh, ratings, she drives to Fallwell, Massachusetts to pick up her inheritance at the reading of her Great Aunt Morgana's will. She's hoping to get $50,000 so she can open up her new show in Las Vegas. But an old house, a dog named Algonquin, and a stupid recipe book is ALL she gets. At least that's better than her crazy brother Vincent Talbot got. Whose will reads, "To my dear brother Vincent, I leave the rest of my estate, of which there is none." This spot, I saved it for my favorite witch movie. My choice came down to City of the Dead (1960) with a young Christopher Lee, Black Sunday (1960) by Mario Bava, Sleepy Hollow (1999), or this. Black Sunday was the closest, with Barbara Steele the original Italian scream queen who I figure Cassandra Peterson got some of her inspiration for Elvira from. I do love that unintentional dated foreign humor padded by the all the magically cheesy dubbed voices. Also hey, it turns out that dumb recipe book has some serious supernatural power to it. I'd be interested to hear about anyone else's favorite witch movies too if they have fun with them. The charge is... witchcraft!

http://image.ibb.co/hpinFm/Elvira_fog.png

That morality council whose got it out for Elvira, they've gotta be quite the linchpin of this film. They call her a slimy slithering succubus! And she had half the teenagers in town writhing around to that... Jungle music! If she's morally unfit, then we have every right to do anything we can to get her out of this town, agreed? Absolutely. Maybe we're not being entirely objective about this. SHUT UP LESLIE! Then it's unanimous, *gavel slam*. Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the most drop-dead gorgeous one of all? Oh, you're just sayin' that. Ya see we've got this town council that lives in mortal fear, that somewhere, somehow, somebody is having a good time. That Chastity Pariah, she's got the whole town turned against you! Well here's to my big opening! Oh, forget it.

ELVIRA

http://image.ibb.co/gCGoo6/elvira_title.png

Nostromo87 10-25-17 10:42 PM

Greetings my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friends, future events such as these, will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown. The mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened, on that fateful day. We are giving you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal, the incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent. My friends, can your heart stand, the shocking facts about....... GRAVE ROBBERS FROM OUTER SPACE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6H14gVWjM

http://image.ibb.co/dUhXy6/plan_guy.png

The Gunslinger45 10-26-17 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1807090)
Love that movie. The remake isn't horrible but it's nowhere close to that original.
I probably need to rewatch the original, but I seem to be in a very tiny minority that likes the remake more.

cricket 10-26-17 09:53 AM

I saw Mistress of the Dark at the movies and loved it. Look up her pics if you haven't seen them; she's also hot with her natural red hair.

Nostromo87 10-28-17 10:21 PM

Hey I like danger

You should try babysitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrecN_dsPc&app=desktop

http://image.ibb.co/nJTcJ6/shue_babysitting.gif

Nostromo87 11-12-17 05:01 AM

Look What You Made Me Do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2drhvcy.jpg

Nostromo87 11-12-17 05:49 AM

Reputation? ooo OOO ooo OOO

http://image.ibb.co/cqZc2b/ts_r.png
http://image.ibb.co/f1J4hb/tsr_1.png
http://image.ibb.co/js5H2b/tsr_11.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIft-t-MQuE

http://image.ibb.co/neXaoG/tsr_111.png

Nostromo87 11-13-17 07:32 PM

#17.
http://image.ibb.co/d6VTSb/The_2016_...ction_2016.png
THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION (2016)

On November 8, 2016, the American People delivered a historic victory and took our country back. This victory was the result of a movement to put America first, to save the American economy, and to make America once again a shining city on the hill. But our movement cannot stop now - we still have much work to do. I'll be signing an executive order to expand apprenticeships and vocational training to help all Americans find a rewarding career, earn a great living, and support themselves and their families- and love going to work in the morning. Not only will our apprentices transform their lives, but they will also transform OUR lives in the truest sense.

Our movement is about replacing a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you the American people. The establishment has trillions of dollars at stake in this election. For those who control the levers of power in Washington and for the global special interests, they partner with these people that don't have your good in mind. The political establishment that is trying to stop us is the same group responsible for our disastrous trade deals, massive illegal immigration, and economic and foreign policies that have bled our country dry. The political establishment has brought about the destruction of our factories and our jobs, as they flee to Mexico, China, and other countries all around the world. It's a global power structure that's responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth, and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities. The only thing that can stop this corrupt machine, is YOU. The only force strong enough to save our country is US. The only people brave enough to vote out this corrupt establishment is you the American people. I'm doing this for the people, and for the movement, and we will take back this country for you, and we will make America great again.

Nostromo87 11-13-17 07:33 PM

http://image.ibb.co/bM7snb/scream1.png

http://image.ibb.co/bCrJSb/scream2.png

http://image.ibb.co/m3uGDG/scream3.png

Iroquois 11-13-17 09:14 PM

lmao you didn't even rank it #1 so how much of a true believer are you

Nostromo87 11-17-17 03:43 AM

They're burning all the witches
Even if you aren't one
So light me up
Light me up

Light me up
Go ahead and light me up

http://image.ibb.co/bUfJV6/swiftie_pwr.gif

Captain Spaulding 11-17-17 07:03 PM

I was enjoying the ride until Taylor Swift showed up. Now I think I might need you to pull over and let me out on the side of the road. To be fair, though, she actually does look somewhat sexy in the above .GIF, which is the first time I've been able to say that about her talentless, fake-ass self. :laugh:

Fun thread as always, pal. Your write-ups and presentation ooze coolness and style. Very interesting selection of films, as well. I had to check to see if I've seen Out for Justice or not, since all of Steven Seagull's films basically feel the same to me. Apparently I have seen it and only rated it two stars. I love me some old-school action, but give me JCVD or Arnold or Stallone or even Chuck Norris before you give me the man with the ponytail and no charisma. I do somewhat enjoy Under Siege, though.

I like Scarface and don't understand all the hate it gets, but it's been a decade or longer since I last watched it. I didn't enjoy Jennifer's Body all that much, but I'm willing to give it another shot. Zombieland is awesome and one of my favorite horror-comedies. I barely remember anything from Nightmare on Elm Street 4. I haven't seen the original The Longest Yard or Rock N' Roll High School yet, but I'm confident I would enjoy both of them. Elvira is one of my dream women. I wish I found Mistress of the Dark funnier than I do, but staring at Elvira's mammoth cleavage isn't a bad way to spend 90 minutes. I haven't seen your #17. Is it some kind of dystopian science-fiction film? :p

Camo 11-17-17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1825255)
the man with the ponytail and no charisma.
One of the biggest film related laughs i've had with friends was from this man. I have no idea what film it was and we only watched the first five minutes, all i remember was it started with a truck blasting into somewhere for some reason and Segal ended up under the truck fcking things up then when they looked under the truck coz that's obviously where the problems where coming from he was suddenly on top of the truck with them :cool::laugh:

Sly and Arnold have much better movies but none of them has made me laugh as much as that.

Iroquois 11-18-17 05:05 AM

Nostromo clearly has a thing for dudes with bad hair who can't keep their hands to themselves.

But seriously, Seagal's popularity (erstwhile or otherwise) straight-up baffles me. I remember when we had a Top 100 Action Movies countdown and Under Siege cracked the list while no Jackie Chan movies did, which was especially confounding (I'd probably have found it tolerable if they had JCVD in the lead role because Seagal is just that much of a cinematic black hole). Think my favourite movie of his might be Executive Decision purely by default.

doubledenim 11-18-17 06:25 AM

Seagal seemed closer to reality than the 80's roidstars. A greasy ponytailed, potbellied, articulation destroying tuffy. I think it was a change of pace that really got him in.

Nostromo87 11-18-17 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1825255)
I was enjoying the ride until Taylor Swift showed up. Now I think I might need you to pull over and let me out on the side of the road. To be fair, though, she actually does look somewhat sexy in the above .GIF, which is the first time I've been able to say that about her talentless, fake-ass self. :laugh:

Fun thread as always, pal. Your write-ups and presentation ooze coolness and style. Very interesting selection of films, as well. I had to check to see if I've seen Out for Justice or not, since all of Steven Seagull's films basically feel the same to me. Apparently I have seen it and only rated it two stars. I love me some old-school action, but give me JCVD or Arnold or Stallone or even Chuck Norris before you give me the man with the ponytail and no charisma. I do somewhat enjoy Under Siege, though.

I like Scarface and don't understand all the hate it gets, but it's been a decade or longer since I last watched it. I didn't enjoy Jennifer's Body all that much, but I'm willing to give it another shot. Zombieland is awesome and one of my favorite horror-comedies. I barely remember anything from Nightmare on Elm Street 4. I haven't seen the original The Longest Yard or Rock N' Roll High School yet, but I'm confident I would enjoy both of them. Elvira is one of my dream women. I wish I found Mistress of the Dark funnier than I do, but staring at Elvira's mammoth cleavage isn't a bad way to spend 90 minutes. I haven't seen your #17. Is it some kind of dystopian science-fiction film? :p
A Captain Spaulding sighting? Holy Hallelujah

Steven Seagal's whole B-movie vibe makes me laugh.

Yea I don't know about my #17 either, I was getting tired of my thread and I didn't think anyone would look at it, how in the heck did I become Taylor Swift???

http://image.ibb.co/hEa8Hm/ef0ecb318...23ee2214ba.jpg

Nostromo87 11-18-17 08:21 PM

Whoa! The Rebels! ... My lord, there are so many uncharted settlements... You don't have to be a total genius to figure this out, even though I am a genius, okay? I'm more militaristic than anybody in this room, just so you understand, I'm really good at war I love war in a certain way, but only when we win. By the way, when was the last time we won a war? Once upon a time, there was a world. In that world was this place called the USA. The USA had a big entertainment industry, with lots of globally broadcast media, news shows, music industry, sports networks, and a place called Hollywood that made lots of movies and loads of money. The audience was served heavy doses of politics and virtue signalling by this entertainment industry. If you turned on a nationally broadcast news network, 90% of the coverage would be slanted towards the one viewpoint. If you turned on a late night comedy show or a big fancy awards event, you could expect those same one-sided jokes from the one-party entertainment industry. But mainly, liberals could invade entertainment at any time. As long as it was liberal, that was normal. Surely they must have known that wouldn't last forever.

edarsenal 11-19-17 12:01 AM

Haven't read the Trump Wars and I'll be back to comment on the movies that I enjoy

Nostromo87 11-21-17 01:38 AM

CRAZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4VK9_CfOLQ

Nostromo87 11-21-17 04:02 AM

Watch out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snsTmi9N9Gs

http://image.ibb.co/dv65Xm/ezgif_1_d5e4a7d602.gif

Nostromo87 12-22-17 04:31 AM

Hya hya!
https://t14.deviantart.net/EY-xFy9qE...el-d9s3tnu.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HInW6...E7pKp73P-HIHfA

Nostromo87 01-08-18 05:39 AM

Nostromo87 01-15-18 10:31 PM

A drifter came riding out of the west. You know him as Clint Eastwood. The citizens of Lago, didn't know him at all. Fear was in their greeting. Murder was in their minds. We're talkin' about hiring a gunfighter, yea we don't know anything about that fella there, who is he where's he come from? You don't wanna get shot, you don't want your shops or your houses burned, don't want your women touched, don't want anything to happen... Except you're afraid to do anything about it. That stranger's got everybody in this town at each other's throats! One man, against one town, not bad odds. 'Bout time this town has a new sheriff. You know what you are? You're an animal! Well, you have a way of bringing that out. Welcome home boys!!! They didn't know him when he drifted into town... Who are you?!?!

Nostromo87 04-06-18 11:20 AM

http://image.ibb.co/fa1Ct6/gretchen_mg.png
http://image.ibb.co/cumCt6/movies.gif
#25. Out For Justice (1991)
#24. Scarface (1983)
#23. Jennifer's Body (2009)
#22. Zombieland (2009)
#21. Nightmare 4 (1988)
#20. The Longest Yard (1974)
#19. Rock N Roll (1979)
#18. Elvira (1988)
#17-15. Playing Around, Making Up Movies

#14. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

http://image.ibb.co/jgtt1c/Dodgeball_2004.jpg

#13. Videodrome (1984)

http://image.ibb.co/nzUY1c/Videodrome_1983.gif

#12. X-Men (2000)

http://image.ibb.co/iTJFEx/X_Men_2000.gif

#11. Kickboxer (1989)

http://image.ibb.co/fChxSH/Kickboxer_1989.jpg

#10. The Amityville Horror (1979)

http://image.ibb.co/nfu5Ex/The_Amity...orror_1979.jpg

#9. Animal House (1978)

http://image.ibb.co/hWWJZx/Animal_House_1978.jpg

#8. Flashdance (1983)

http://image.ibb.co/cFESSH/Flashdance_1983.jpg

#7. Friday the 13th (1980)

http://image.ibb.co/dZ9CcH/Friday_the_13th_1980.jpg

#6. Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood (1988)

http://image.ibb.co/b4U5Ex/Friday_th...Blood_1988.jpg

#5. Speed (1994)

http://image.ibb.co/e5731c/Speed_1994.jpg

#4. Rocky (1976)

http://image.ibb.co/bAynSH/Rocky_1976.jpg

#3. Halloween (2007)

http://preview.ibb.co/mj9BnH/Halloween_2007.jpg

Nostromo87 04-06-18 11:26 AM

#2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

http://image.ibb.co/k7G8HH/Nightmare_1984.jpg

Years ago, a killer named Fred Krueger was freed on a technicality, and the parents of Elm Street took the law into their own hands, burning Krueger alive.

Nostromo87 04-06-18 11:31 AM

#1. Lionheart (1990)

http://image.ibb.co/jCUBnH/Lionheart_1990.jpg

The whole bet's on Atilla.
Wrong bet.

Nostromo87 04-06-18 11:34 AM

Bonus gifs from Lionheart (1990)

http://image.ibb.co/drPu7H/Lionheart_1.gif
http://image.ibb.co/k26Vgc/Lionheart_2.gif
http://image.ibb.co/gsVdZx/Lionheart_4.gif
http://image.ibb.co/n7nd1c/Lionheart_7.gif
http://image.ibb.co/buCxSH/Lionheart_5.gif
http://image.ibb.co/hjy47H/Lionheart_6.gif

Sexy Celebrity 04-06-18 11:39 AM

NOSTROMO!!!!!!

:love:

Nostromo87 04-06-18 06:50 PM

SEXY CELEBRITY! http://image.ibb.co/kXPqXH/lc_e2.jpg

Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood
... I love that movie way too much right now.

Zotis 04-06-18 07:51 PM

The best movie in this whole entire thread was Fanny & Alexander.

Mr Minio 04-06-18 07:58 PM

I don't think I've ever seen Lionheart, but The Quest, a similar film, was a childhood favourite of mine. Watched it three times as a kid.

Zotis 04-06-18 10:40 PM

+rep for Videodrome and Scarface.

Oh, and that Trump Wars post was pure gold. :D

Nostromo87 04-07-18 12:04 AM

The big guy who made Friday the 13th Part 7, John Carl Buechler

http://image.ibb.co/h2fjsH/proxy_duckduckgo_com.jpg

I watched his behind the scenes about this movie, from the Crystal Lake Memories documentary. His movie was actually even better, but the ratings people butchered it with censoring. It's still good though

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1886635)
The best movie in this whole entire thread was Fanny & Alexander.
I know people must think I've never seen movies like this. I started watching that movie one time actually, and watched many like it in my film studies minor classes. I still like these better that I put in here

http://image.ibb.co/jSeG6c/melissa.jpg

Zotis 04-07-18 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by nostromo87 (Post 1886696)
I know people must think I've never seen movies like this. I started watching that movie one time actually, and watched many like it in my film studies minor classes. I still like these better that I put in here
There's nothing wrong with that.

Have you seen Mean Guns with Ice T and Christopher Lambert? That movie is hilariously awesome. I think you'll love it. Check it out.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/0/...ert_eagle6.jpg

Captain Spaulding 04-07-18 02:06 PM

You can never have too much Van Damme, so I approve of these recent updates. I rented Lionheart from the video store many times as a kid and always felt it was JCVD's most underrated ass-kicker. Haven't seen it in ages, even though I think I own a DVD copy, so I'll probably be revisiting it in the near future. I know your true #1 is and always will be Nightmare on Elm Street, though.

I've defended Rob Zombie against that hater Swan many times, but I'm not crazy about his Halloween remake. Surprised that you're a fan. I like/love Videodrome, X-Men, Kickboxer, The Amityville Horror, Speed and Rocky. The chick in Flashdance was hot. I still haven't seen Animal House. The New Blood isn't the worst Friday the 13th sequel, but I'm surprised by how much you like it.

I'm shocked that you're back, but it's a very welcome sight. And I'm glad you were able to finish The Ride, even though the car was broken down on the side of the road for quite some time.

Sexy Celebrity 04-07-18 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1886868)
I've defended Rob Zombie against that hater Swan many times, but I'm not crazy about his Halloween remake.
See, with me, his Halloween movies were actually alright. Same with The Lords of Salem. It's your Captain Spaulding vehicles like House and Devil's Rejects that I can't get into.

HashtagBrownies 04-07-18 02:49 PM

You're unbanned? Cool.

y tho?

Nostromo87 04-07-18 03:53 PM

You can never have too much Van Damme, so I approve of these recent updates. I rented Lionheart from the video store many times as a kid and always felt it was JCVD's most underrated ass-kicker. Haven't seen it in ages, even though I think I own a DVD copy, so I'll probably be revisiting it in the near future. I know your true #1 is and always will be Nightmare on Elm Street, though.

I've defended Rob Zombie against that hater Swan many times, but I'm not crazy about his Halloween remake. Surprised that you're a fan. I like/love Videodrome, X-Men, Kickboxer, The Amityville Horror, Speed and Rocky. The chick in Flashdance was hot. I still haven't seen Animal House. The New Blood isn't the worst Friday the 13th sequel, but I'm surprised by how much you like it.

I'm shocked that you're back, but it's a very welcome sight. And I'm glad you were able to finish The Ride, even though the car was broken down on the side of the road for quite some time.
Rob Zombie's Halloween, well, I do like what he did with Michael. Halloween 4 and Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers are two sequels I enjoy on about the same level but there was only room for one of the three movies. His House of 1000 Corpses didn't really feel complete for some reason, but it is a fun watch. I'll have to find his others to watch. I'd love to read one of your posts on Zombie's films, have you talked about any of them on here?

Nostromo87 04-07-18 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by HashtagBrownies (Post 1886884)
You're unbanned? Cool.

y tho?
Why not?

cricket 04-07-18 06:27 PM

Seeing Nostro and SC around is way better than Christmas. Add in MovieMed popping in recently and all is right in the world:buck:

Iroquois 04-08-18 02:43 AM

Considering how he went from writing increasingly unhinged rants in each entry to wrapping up the rest of the list in a flurry of titles and GIFs without further provocation, it seems that Nostromo has been...re-educated.

Nostromo87 04-08-18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1887124)
Considering how he went from writing increasingly unhinged rants in each entry to wrapping up the rest of the list in a flurry of titles and GIFs without further provocation, it seems that Nostromo has been...re-educated.
Iro said I'm educated? Not his worst propaganda, thanks buddy

http://image.ibb.co/eWpEcH/gradhat.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-_Ew5bVxs

Iroquois 04-08-18 03:10 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll prove me wrong sooner or later.

Nostromo87 04-08-18 03:47 AM

You are a sad strange little man, and you have my pity

Zotis 04-08-18 04:31 AM

I appreciate your self-expression Nostromo. Don't listen to Iro, he's just trying to boost his ego.

Nostromo87 04-12-18 11:00 AM

I still haven't seen Animal House.
How's @Captain Spaulding getting away with this?

http://image.ibb.co/iO6C6n/Animal_House.gif

Nostromo87 06-23-18 01:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what this French guy's saying?

http://image.ibb.co/fkihQT/ln1.jpghttp://image.ibb.co/m7RfC8/ln2.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/ivOz5T/ln3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nlF8ksAvZY