Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Survivor Game (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=45315)

7thson 04-17-16 11:32 PM

New Survivor Game

Come on everyone lets go. Join up now for a game that will have you eating your best friend's liver and asking for seconds.

Get out that pent up stress and betray those you love the most just to be called a winner.

Lie, cheat, steal, maim, and sex - its all part of the game and at the end you can always say. "It was just a game" so you can justify your actions.

Friendships ended, love lost forever, Yoda driven mad by all the complaints, children sacrificed (um okay fine not that last one), body parts made fun of and IQs lowered to a point they don't appear on any scale.

http://45.media.tumblr.com/50b5a57c0...9wlpo1_500.gif

It can all be a part of your daily life where you have to rush home and almost die in traffic just to make the immunity challenge on time.

What more can you ask for in a game?

Okay fine there is more:

Drunken rants about nothing

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...9374727566.gif

Hating people you do not even know

http://data.whicdn.com/images/59899641/large.gif

Making deals with the devil

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/c2c...gg4oc0_640.gif

Having "special" relations with a monley

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-con...eythumb-vi.gif

the list goes on and on so what are you waiting for -

Re: New Survivor Game

Sorry cant do it, too much stress.

https://neonelegance.files.wordpress...h8k1r25b0u.gif

Sexy Celebrity 04-17-16 11:32 PM

This is it?

Game ended, The winner is Me.

Sexy Celebrity 04-17-16 11:33 PM

Oh okay.

Camo 04-17-16 11:33 PM

Take over SCs game he had eight players i'm sure they'd all still be up for it.

7thson 04-17-16 11:35 PM

Just kiddin' around guys, its all in fun. Sometimes I have no time on my hands and others I have too much.

Sexy Celebrity 04-17-16 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 1497817)
On Movie Forums, I am an old car. I'm having trouble starting.

Camo 04-17-16 11:41 PM

7thson send in a Sheep list and get Halfangel too as well - http://www.movieforums.com/community...40#post1497740

Just PM me answers to those 12 questions. Basically the answer has to be correct and you are trying to get the ones no one else answered. Deadline is the 22nd, i'm counting on you ;)

Sexy Celebrity 04-17-16 11:49 PM

I'd like to see everybody playing another Survivor game.

Camo 04-17-16 11:50 PM

Put your game back on then you already had eight willing to play. Get someone else to host it and you play.

Sexy Celebrity 04-17-16 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1497833)
Put your game back on then you already had eight willing to play. Get someone else to host it and you play.
I don't wanna host it. That wasn't me who made that thread. Stop blaming me for something I didn't do.

TONGO 04-18-16 12:01 AM

:lol: Nice 7th!

Ida played in your game :up:

Sexy Celebrity 04-18-16 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1497839)
:lol: Nice 7th!

Ida played in your game :up:
Of course you would have.

TONGO 04-18-16 12:02 AM

Actually this counts as Survivor 7.

When is Survivor 8?

Camo 04-18-16 12:05 AM

This is Survivor 8 then and i won both Rauls failed Survivor 4 and Nopes Survivor 6 :cool:

TONGO 04-18-16 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1497842)
This is Survivor 8 then and i won both Rauls failed Survivor 4 and Nopes Survivor 6 :cool:
Oh youre right! So mine was Survivor 5, all the record books are faulty, whodathunkit', and now we eagerly await Survivor 9!

Hit Girl 04-18-16 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1497843)
Oh youre right! So mine was Survivor 5, all the record books are faulty, whodathunkit', and now we eagerly await Survivor 9!
Oh damn! Eight is my lucky number, I would've won that one. :D

TONGO 04-19-16 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hit Girl (Post 1497935)
Oh damn! Eight is my lucky number, I would've won that one. :D
Dan said he wanted to do one but not anytime soon as hes got school. Maybe in a few months, by then everyone will be ready to go :)

rauldc14 04-20-16 09:01 PM

I think we should have a break and do one in 3ish months. Agreed :up:

TONGO 04-20-16 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1499198)
I think we should have a break and do one in 3ish months. Agreed :up:
Yeah that sounds right. Everyones too burnt out right now, and baseballs back!! :)

CiCi 04-20-16 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1499198)
I think we should have a break and do one in 3ish months years. Agreed :up:
Just thought I'd fix that for ya! :p

Hit Girl 04-21-16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1498748)
Dan said he wanted to do one but not anytime soon as hes got school. Maybe in a few months, by then everyone will be ready to go :)
I hope it's a bit sooner, I'm on holidays in about 6 weeks. 👍

7thson 04-21-16 06:50 PM

I would love to do "speed" survivor game just for something to do. Like the whole game would last one week or even less. Of course it would move fast but that's the ides and challenge times could be random so if your on or able to be its all about luck. I know I could come up with some fun challenges. Have to figure out best way for voting but I am sure I could figure something out.

TONGO 04-25-16 06:17 PM

Spoke with 7thson on Facebook, and he's gonna do a "Speed Survivor" starting next Monday. The whole game should last a week. He said he was going to make a thread for it today or tomorrow to get everyone in.

Sexy Celebrity 04-25-16 06:58 PM

I seriously might do it if it only lasts one week.

7thson 04-25-16 07:02 PM

Thanks Tongo,

So looking to do a Speed Version of Survivor for those that are interested. The idea is that you do not have to invest a lot of time in it so its not so stressful or time consuming. Nothing against the regular games, that is part of the game and why it is so fun. But this can be fun too, just think of it as a "side scrolling" video game like Defender VS something like WOW.

Of course things would go fast hence the name "Speed Survivor", and it would be "Speed survivor 1" and not an addition to other Survivor games.

If I can get it going the schedule of things will be posted before the game starts and there will also be "surprise" challenges randomly posted. Times for things will be different every day to be fair to everyone but actual voting will take place during a set time period. No waiting on people for anything - when its scheduled its time to start. If you do not vote or are not here during a scheduled "event" then that's the way the ball crumbles, or is it the cookie bounces? If for any reason no one is on when something is scheduled I will wait 10 minutes and if by then no one is on that challenge is canceled.

Let me know here or in a PM if you are interested in playing.

We have plenty of time to decide and if I cant get enough people, I think 8 is a good minimum, I will declare myself a winner again and I am cool with that too. ;).

TONGO 04-25-16 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 1501988)
Thanks Tongo,

So looking to do a Speed Version of Survivor for those that are interested. The idea is that you do not have to invest a lot of time in it so its not so stressful or time consuming. Nothing against the regular games, that is part of the game and why it is so fun. But this can be fun too, just think of it as a "side scrolling" video game like Defender VS something like WOW.

Of course things would go fast hence the name "Speed Survivor", and it would be "Speed survivor 1" and not an addition to other Survivor games.

If I can get it going the schedule of things will be posted before the game starts and there will also be "surprise" challenges randomly posted. Times for things will be different every day to be fair to everyone but actual voting will take place during a set time period. No waiting on people for anything - when its scheduled its time to start. If you do not vote or are not here during a scheduled "event" then that's the way the ball crumbles, or is it the cookie bounces? If for any reason no one is on when something is scheduled I will wait 10 minutes and if by then no one is on that challenge is canceled.

Let me know here or in a PM if you are interested in playing.

We have plenty of time to decide and if I cant get enough people, I think 8 is a good minimum, I will declare myself a winner again and I am cool with that too. ;).
Ill play :up:

7thson 04-25-16 07:05 PM

Oh and I have a few challenges that will be dependent on current or future events and will remove any thought process that things are or may be rigged or unbalanced.

Sexy Celebrity 04-25-16 07:06 PM

You'll have to stop ignoring me, TONGO, if we're gonna do this.

7thson 04-25-16 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1501990)
Ill play :up:
That's 1 :)

7thson 04-25-16 07:08 PM

I changed my mind on the minimum of 8. I will do it no matter how many play. WTH :)

Sexy Celebrity 04-25-16 07:18 PM

Suspect should play, too. He still has three free months until he's officially a father. He'll be busy for the rest of his life after that.

rauldc14 01-04-17 09:53 PM

I'd be game for a game, provided there ever is one.

CiCi 01-04-17 10:04 PM

Never mind new year, new survivor.

Right now, I'm feeling more new decade, new survivor.

Nope1172 01-04-17 10:33 PM

I stopped playing Survivor because in every game there seemed to be alliances made before the game that I was never included in.

TheUsualSuspect 01-04-17 10:46 PM

Good luck to you, I hope you have more success than the abomination that was Survivor Murder Mansion.

rauldc14 01-05-17 05:58 AM

Did anything happen that SCS posts are deleted?

TheUsualSuspect 01-05-17 01:44 PM

knowing him, he probably deleted them due to lack of interest.

TONGO 01-05-17 02:15 PM

Where did it all go wrong?

Ive been accused of being a Survivor nutjob. Im not, Im just me. :) I liked the Survivor game because it was the only game where real intrigue could exist. The plotting, scheming, planning, hoping, trying.........Doctor TONGO, Doc Tongsday, Tongo Underwood, etc... were all a coat of paint on that - just adding a little zip.

Then the intrigue went away. Players were just pointed at and eliminated, the challenges got phoned-in (they were so stupid), smear tactics used throughout the forum outside the game (one example is people calling me a Survivor nutjob), outright cheating for multiple games and that doesnt mean its not done by others. All integrity for the Survivor game was systematically destroyed. I think the last legit Survivor game we had was 6, where Dan & SC ran it.

I would run a Survivor game, but anyone wanting to be in it would have to prove to me theyre not an Alt :) (and not be on my Ignore list obviously) I think Dan, Sean, DonnieDarko, and some others are interested, but Id want at least 13 players (not accounts) to start one. Cause thats a real game, theres enough players/pawns/snakes to mix up the power scheme suddenly, more leverage for everyone, and more risk. I value my relationships with the people here, but would be firm & fair, not showing any favoritism.

I doubt this will ever happen. If it did though, and we had 13 real players in a Survivor game, it could be great. A real Survivor is not about drama, its about real intrigue. If theres drama its organic and unplanned. Now at least in my mind, its so far from what the game should be.

Sexy Celebrity 01-05-17 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO
I would run a Survivor game, but anyone wanting to be in it would have to prove to me theyre not an Alt (and not be on my Ignore list obviously)
See, this is why I deleted my idea for a Survivor game. 'Cause you'll only be this way. Exclude people on your famous ignore list. I had an idea and I thought it was something you would like, and maybe you could host it and do a better job with it than I could, but, at the end of the day, you're impossible. There's a reason people got upset with you.

You have had me on this ignore list thing of yours for awhile now, you've never given up with it, and I really feel like I did nothing to incur this wrath. We had been talking and getting friendly in PMs, but after the drama of Survivor 7 and my decision to bring back Rauldc14, you just started hating me, and it hasn't ended. I know how Raul feels. You just hate for no reason. You started making me feel that way about you in Survivor 4. You're impossible.

RoyaleWitCheese 01-05-17 03:09 PM

Sooo........ No survivor game?

TheUsualSuspect 01-05-17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by RoyaleWitCheese (Post 1623121)
Sooo........ No survivor game?

You're fooling' no one SUSPECT!!!

Sexy Celebrity 01-05-17 05:46 PM

That didn't even cross my mind that Royale could be Suspect. It totally could be.

Camo 01-05-17 05:51 PM

He sent me a profile comment last night asking how you get an avatar :shrug:

RoyaleWitCheese 01-05-17 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1623165)
He sent me a profile comment last night asking how you get an avatar :shrug:
It's all part of my master plan....

Nah, just some new guy. Whatsup!

DalekbusterScreen5 01-05-17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1623101)

I would run a Survivor game, but anyone wanting to be in it would have to prove to me theyre not an Alt :) (and not be on my Ignore list obviously) I think Dan, Sean, DonnieDarko, and some others are interested, but Id want at least 13 players (not accounts) to start one. Cause thats a real game, theres enough players/pawns/snakes to mix up the power scheme suddenly, more leverage for everyone, and more risk. I value my relationships with the people here, but would be firm & fair, not showing any favoritism.
I'd be interested in a new Survivor game but at the same time I'd feel like my idea for a new Survivor with the existing thread already created would end up being forgotten about. I also think an interesting approach for future Survivors would be that the winner hosts the next one - and if said poster is too busy, he has to find someone with free time to play.

7thson 01-05-17 08:21 PM

There needs to be a revamping and a version 2.0 so to speak.

I do not mind the drama if it is in character and not something else. Chaos is great for excitement, but structure and gamesmanship is important as well.

7thson 01-05-17 08:22 PM

The winner hosting is a cool idea.

Sexy Celebrity 01-05-17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 1623220)
The winner hosting is a cool idea.
I don't really like it.

If the winner wants to host the next Survivor, fine. But it shouldn't be something the winner has to do. Hosting these things can be tiring, burdensome, and difficult to execute. The right person should be the host. The winner having to host.... that's a sucky prize for winning the game. It might make people not want to win.

7thson 01-05-17 08:41 PM

Well of course it wouldn't be mandatory - its optional obviously

7thson 01-05-17 08:45 PM

There is obviously a desire to play for many, the problem is that past "issues" are - umm, issues.

I think a tabula rasa approach is best.

Sexy Celebrity 01-05-17 08:53 PM

My wish is TONGO gets over his issues with me and we all do a new Survivor game as thorough and entertaining as his Survivor 4. I have a wrestling theme idea in mind -- Survivor: Wrestlemania -- where all of our characters are professional wrestlers. I see TONGO as a great host for this. I know he likes wrestling. I think it would be a lot of fun. But this is just my idea and he could do whatever he wants. If I did the Wrestlemania theme game myself, TONGO's welcome to join it. I just wish he would be okay with me joining his. I realize I quit constantly, but I wanted to make up for that. Last year was tough for me. But I'm optimistic. I believe things can be amended, can be fixed. The game doesn't have to end on a bad note with the last couple of Survivors.

rauldc14 01-05-17 09:06 PM

Sign me up when it happens.

TheUsualSuspect 01-05-17 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1623223)
I don't really like it.

If the winner wants to host the next Survivor, fine. But it shouldn't be something the winner has to do. Hosting these things can be tiring, burdensome, and difficult to execute. The right person should be the host. The winner having to host.... that's a sucky prize for winning the game. It might make people not want to win.

DESPITE my game failing, I had a lot of fun hosting and I thought people who did play had a good time playing.

Sexy Celebrity 01-05-17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1623232)
Sign me up when it happens.
See, TONGO? Two fierce players are ready to play. Probably more.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1623233)
DESPITE my game failing, I had a lot of fun hosting and I thought people who did play had a good time playing.
It wasn't a total failure. I did my typical routine - win the first competition, then quit the game. I wrote a story. I tried to help 7thson win as a shadowy figure in the background. I consider CosmicRunaway the winner, even if she won in a way I did not like.

7thson 01-05-17 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1623233)
I had a great time.

I think you get out what you put in. This is MOFO and building a character to play in a game that really means nothing but bragging rights is flippin' great.

What serious player here (that also likes to have fun) has not thought over and over about their character for a survivor game? I think Tongo has the most trouble here and usually returns to an apelike persona (compliment), but SC is close 2nd with his choices.

I really loved the Freddy guise.

Anyway, A good survivor drops the real life stuff at the door and does not hold a person responsible about it after the game is over.

Alt accounts though - seriously?

;)

7thson 01-05-17 10:51 PM

I was thinking Goldust for my next character, but something is missing...

DalekbusterScreen5 01-06-17 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1623223)

If the winner wants to host the next Survivor, fine. But it shouldn't be something the winner has to do.
My idea's not that the winner would HAVE to do it. He'd be allowed to abdicate and pass it onto someone else if he didn't want to.

TONGO 01-06-17 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 1623244)
I had a great time.

I think you get out what you put in. This is MOFO and building a character to play in a game that really means nothing but bragging rights is flippin' great.

What serious player here (that also likes to have fun) has not thought over and over about their character for a survivor game? I think Tongo has the most trouble here and usually returns to an apelike persona (compliment), but SC is close 2nd with his choices.

I really loved the Freddy guise.

Anyway, A good survivor drops the real life stuff at the door and does not hold a person responsible about it after the game is over.

Alt accounts though - seriously?

;)
Have fun with your game. :up:

Sexy Celebrity 01-07-17 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Camo 01-07-17 09:05 PM

Great logo :up:

CosmicRunaway 01-09-17 08:38 AM

This is something I've been meaning to say for awhile, but I guess I never got around to it or forgot.

I think that a new Survivor game will only really work if the players dropped all preconceptions and old conflicts at the door. Everyone would have to treat each returning player as if they were new, and only think about them in terms of their current character and actions within the new game. Any rivalry and betrayals that happen should remain in the game and not spill over and become long standing personal grudges.

I highly doubt that'll happen though, judging by how long some Survivor drama can last on this forum, and how its clearly been affecting some people's relationships. I think that's the real reason why so many people have been turned off the idea of a new Survivor game. I know it was for me.

rauldc14 01-09-17 10:25 AM

Let's just do it people. Leave everything at the door and have some fun! Who cares what happens, it's a game!

rauldc14 01-09-17 10:58 AM

Count me in for WrestleMofia

I will be Randy "Macho Man" Savage.

TONGO 01-09-17 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway (Post 1625206)
This is something I've been meaning to say for awhile, but I guess I never got around to it or forgot.

I think that a new Survivor game will only really work if the players dropped all preconceptions and old conflicts at the door. Everyone would have to treat each returning player as if they were new, and only think about them in terms of their current character and actions within the new game. Any rivalry and betrayals that happen should remain in the game and not spill over and become long standing personal grudges.
That doesnt make sense at all for a strategy/intrigue game. Its all about knowing your opponents & allies. History and information are crucial to go off of when making your decisions.

Now if everybody had an alternate account they made for the specific purpose of playing Survivor, and the host knew there were 13-15 players (not accounts), then that would be fair, heighten the suspense, and actually could end up being cool. I brought this up back in Latveria.

I highly doubt that'll happen though, judging by how long some Survivor drama can last on this forum, and how its clearly been affecting some people's relationships. I think that's the real reason why so many people have been turned off the idea of a new Survivor game. I know it was for me.
Yes. Since I left the S7 game theres been name smearing, hes tried to get me banned, and even more. I know this just seems like entertainment to other posters, ...
...but if the other posters were going thru it, they wouldnt be so entertained.

Now Camo seems so offended I have Sexy on IU, so now Camo is again (Sorry Bud, but you just dont give a #$@ how I feel and why. Then that is that.)

Only thing Ill do with Survivor is finish the last installments of the story, and attempt an invite only game where I know there will be 13-15 forum members playing, not accounts. Ill wait till yall are done with your Wrestle Survivor, and no I wont go into the thread.

Have fun guys. ;)

Citizen Rules 01-09-17 03:50 PM

Good post! I'd like to join again, but like Cosmic said it's a turn off for me to think that some take a fun game and make it way too serious. I'm here at MoFo to have fun, not to make enemies. It's just a game.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can join.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmm. Definitely no TONGO then. OK. Good luck with your little "invite only" game.

Another idea I have - one that's been swirling around in my mind more than the wrestling Survivor - is -

http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1483993072

MOFO APPRENTICE

Where you do tasks for me in teams, and after each task, I fire somebody, until one person becomes the MoFo Apprentice.

But I don't know if I really wanna do another game or not.

Maybe someone else could host MoFo Apprentice if it appeals to them.

rauldc14 01-09-17 04:47 PM

I liked the wrestling idea :shrug:

TheUsualSuspect 01-09-17 04:55 PM

I'd be willing to host another game, if we had people that actually want to play though.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1625379)
I'd be willing to host another game, if we had people that actually want to play though.
You should be the MoFo Apprentice. You were my idea for another host for that.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:01 PM

I could be your assistant judge.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:07 PM

Or I could be a SURVIVOR: WRESTLEMOFIA co-host with Suspect.

Do you know anything about professional wrestling?

rauldc14 01-09-17 05:10 PM

Well, let's do something. It's January after all, there's not much going on

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:12 PM

Well, I'm just waiting to get a feel for what's right to do. I don't want to rush into a disaster.

TheUsualSuspect 01-09-17 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1625387)
Well, I'm just waiting to get a feel for what's right to do. I don't want to rush into a disaster.
Words to live by if I do say so.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:18 PM

All I know is - no more prisons, murder mansions and Devil's islands for now.

rauldc14 01-09-17 05:20 PM

Survivor Heaven where we play as dead people

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:21 PM

I think Suspect needs to play instead of host. I don't think he works ... at his most interesting... as a host.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:22 PM

If he wants to play in another Survivor, he needs to let me know. That might fast track my decision to start a new game.

Citizen Rules 01-09-17 05:25 PM

How about Survivor MoFo where we play as other MoFos? Each player picks a MoFo member to impersonate, satire would be good.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:29 PM

OR Suspect could do his own version of Big Brother.

'Cause he knows I'm a much bigger fan of that show than Survivor.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:30 PM

Big Brother: WrestleMoFia.

I like that. I could design a new logo for it.

rauldc14 01-09-17 05:31 PM

The first big brother game was great. After that, meh.....

Survivor is a much more entertaining forum game IMO. I would expect that Suspect would be in

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:40 PM

Raul could host the next Survivor.

Now there's a throwback. He was the second host, after Godoggo.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:40 PM

He could host Survivor: WrestleMoFia.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1483837416

HOSTED BY:

Raul "Macho Man" Savage

http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1483998236

It's perfect.

Make sure JiraffeJustin joins.

TheUsualSuspect 01-09-17 06:11 PM

Murder Mansion was going to incorporate both Survivor and Big Brother. That could happen for future games if the host is interested in changing up game style.

rauldc14 01-09-17 08:19 PM

I'm not against hosting, but I would definitely need a commitment from a few people before I would possibly decide the twists and challenges of my game.

Of course, I would also play as well.

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 08:48 PM

Would you rather play than host?

rauldc14 01-09-17 08:59 PM

Yes

Sexy Celebrity 01-09-17 09:02 PM

Well, if I host, I might not do the wrestling theme. That was mostly imagined with TONGO in mind as host. So I might think up a new theme.

RoyaleWitCheese 01-10-17 05:39 PM

I'm game, if yall ever figure out what's going on.

And I also thought of a game. We could do low budget movies. We set a fairly low budget and we can only pick films below that..... IDK.... I'm the new guy that reviews the wrong movies.... Just a suggestion if you all haven't already thought of it.

neiba 01-18-17 12:07 PM

I'd like to take part on this too!