Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Testing Interest... A New MoFo Top 100 Movies Of All Time? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=43834)

Friendly Mushroom! 12-12-15 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1422400)
I don't think we'd need as long a break as the others, everybody should be able to come up with 50 favourites easily.
If we are voting for 50 films, maybe we should increase the size of the "Top" list. Maybe 250?

seanc 12-12-15 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1422407)
What about not counting? What should be discounted if anything?
I don't think anything. Shorts have even been elgible.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:12 PM

Re: Testing Interest... A New MoFo Top 100 Movies Of All Time?

Ok... I'm thinking also about movies that come in segments...

Going by TV Movies being allowed as an example... Stephen King's It is a two part... so should that be classed as one movie?

seanc 12-12-15 08:14 PM

I would even be cool with mini-series, but I know I am probably in the minority on that.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:15 PM

That was what I was thinking about with IT.

Sometimes it's classed as a mini-series, sometimes as a TV Movie.

Camo 12-12-15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1422411)
Ok... I'm thinking also about movies that come in segments...

Going by TV Movies being allowed as an example... Stephen King's It is a two part... so should that be classed as one movie?
One movie.

I like Seans idea of running this during the break for the 50s, will mean we get 3 Countdowns in the one year for the first time i think.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:16 PM

Might have to discount mini-series but TV Movies should be allowed.

seanc 12-12-15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1422415)
That was what I was thinking about with IT.

Sometimes it's classed as a mini-series, sometimes as a TV Movie.
Yeah, that and The Shining are like four hours, right? Different than Band Of Brothers or Lonesome Dove.

Camo 12-12-15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1422413)
I would even be cool with mini-series, but I know I am probably in the minority on that.
Honestly i doubt that would affect anything as it's doubtful any will make it. Maybe Dekalog or Band of Brothers can't think of any others though.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:22 PM

I've made an edit to the prelim rules... discounting Mini-Series. Some are two episodes, some are 10... so if allowing them was the case, it'd get awfully complicated.
Trust me, I held the Comics List and know about how complicated things can get.

Mini-Series's's's would have to be dropped.

Swan 12-12-15 08:29 PM

Let the fifties happen first. I know I was dissing it, but raul and sean are my bros and they love that stuff.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:30 PM

Anyone know where Nostromo is?

Camo 12-12-15 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1422429)
Anyone know where Nostromo is?
He said something about meditating in a cave until he emerges ready to host this countdown :D

He honestly did post that :laugh:

Citizen Rules 12-12-15 08:49 PM

I think that a Top 100 Movies of All Time Countdown is an excellent idea! It's been years since the last one and people will love it, kudos to Rodent for suggesting it:)

Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom! (Post 1422409)
If we are voting for 50 films, maybe we should increase the size of the "Top" list. Maybe 250?
I could see 250 movies, sounds fun.
But if the Countdown is Top 250, then don't do 2 movies a day reveal, for a total of 125 days+...that's too long.
If you do 250 movies, best to reveal 3-5 a day.

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1422416)
I like Seans idea of running this during the break for the 50s, will mean we get 3 Countdowns in the one year for the first time i think.
I agree with that. Do it sooner than latter. No need to wait a year to get this going. People are impatient and don't want/need 6 months to watch movies for the countdown, they're not going to watch a bunch of movies for it any way...People just want to send in their list and have the fun of the countdown.

I say do it now, give 30 days to get the list into Rodent and then run it at the same time as the Documentary countdown and promote both countdowns as a joint venture with links between the two countdowns. Perhaps the Docs countdown can get a boast in interest from the Top 100 Movies countdown.

Swan 12-12-15 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1422445)
I say do it now, give 30 days to get the list into Rodent and then run it at the same time as the Documentary countdown and promote both countdowns as a joint venture with links between the two countdowns. Perhaps the Docs countdown can get a boast in interest from the Top 100 Movies countdown.
That's a good idea.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:51 PM

I'll need help with it if anyone can offer a helping hand with counts.

I'm thinking having the lists sent in to me, and someone else, as well so we can both take counts to make sure they're correct.

cricket 12-12-15 08:53 PM

I love all the countdowns, but I am skeptical of having a true top 100 of all time. How many people will submit their absolute favorites, knowing that many have no chance of making the list?

Camo 12-12-15 08:55 PM

Don't think we should run two countdowns at once tbh. It's hard enough getting interest in the Docs Countdown without there being an All Time one to distract everyone. I think if anything it would hurt participation in the Docs Countdown.

The Rodent 12-12-15 08:55 PM

One thing, I'm checking with Harry as to when he's doing the docs countdown.
I don't want to overlap.

In fact, I won't.

I'll probably have voting between Jan 1st and Jan 31st with the countdown happening in February. It'll give a break for Christmas, with voting taking place while Harry is doing his countdown.

cricket 12-12-15 08:57 PM

Maybe set up a poll as to if and when?