Dogma (1999)
4.17%
1 votes
Jay + Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
0%
0 votes
Jersey Girl (2004)
24 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I was just watching Mallrats the other day, and now I'm curious to know what you guys think is the best Kevin Smith film. My personal fav is Clerks, if only for "Salsa Shark" and the independent contractors on the Death Star conversation.

Im assuming Clerks is amazing so i shall hold my vote till i see that (and Mallrats). I'm pretty sure Jersey Girl blows and i didn't enjoy Chasing Amy as i was in 'Jason Lee sucks ass mood'. Dogma was fantastic and J+SB Strike Back was good, though not a classic.

I went with Clerks. Didn't really enjoy anything else by him all that much. Haven't seen Jersey Girl though. Might be his best work. I don't know. But I am sure of one thing. And that is this: Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Bad Morther****er
I guess I'm in the minority in this thread but, this dude sucks. Chasing Amy was real good. Clerks was new and well done on such a small budget, but not stellar by any means. The rest of the movies are complete and utter crap.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Clerks will always be the best of Kevin Smith, no matter what else he makes. I love the ten minute ranting dialouge each character gets, just going off on other people, and since I work at Blockbuster and used to work at a grocery store, i fkn know how that goes.

However, I just not too long ago heard he is going to be making a movie called The Passion of the Clerk with all the same characters from the original, including Jay and Silent Bob.

I guess it all depends on taste (DUH!). I am immature enough to be entertained by a constant barrage of dick and fart jokes. Some people's tastes are a bit more refined which probably eliminates Kevin Smith as being one of their favorite directors.

On a related note, has anyone seen An Evening with Kevin Smith? It's a hilarious collection of question and answer sessions from various colleges. It helps to be a fan of his work, but even those who can't stand him can probably find something worth listening to, providing they are not offended by naughty language.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Mose
On a related note, has anyone seen An Evening with Kevin Smith? It's a hilarious collection of question and answer sessions from various colleges. It helps to be a fan of his work, but even those who can't stand him can probably find something worth listening to, providing they are not offended by naughty language.
I own it and watch it at least once every other month (not in its entirity, just my favorite parts, its like six hours long!)

I was a little surprised at how long it was. Definitely worth the investment though. I love the Prince story

1. Chasing Amy
2. Clerks
3. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
4. Dogma
5. Mallrats

This is coming from someone who generally does not like love stories. I never saw Jersey Girl, so it's not ranked.

my top five list for Smith's films: [in order]

Clerks.
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Mallrats
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back