Metroid Movie

Tools    

Thursday Is Best
A Metroid Movie
That's right. There will be a Metroid Prime movie coming out sooner or later and the directors have already been chosen. They are the same guys who made Final Destination and American Pie. Can you believe that Nintendo hired those guys to make our movie? Well, who cares anyway. I will be following the story, posting news of it, and going to see the movie.

The movie starts out with scientists going to a planet and finding a new species of animal capable of flying. This is our favorite enemy named the Metroid. The scientists find out that the Space Pirates have a Metroid captive and are experimenting on one in their own labs. Same old, same old...

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
don't feel that bad, I loved Final Destination and American Pie .... what did you think was so bad about them?

Or is it that you feel there were good but doesn't suit the type of movie in question.

Thursday Is Best
i just thought the american pie one was a bit ironic for this kind of movie :P

if anyone here likes the classic metroid games (metroid, metroid 2 return of samus, super metroid, metroid prime, metroid fusion) then you'll be happy to hear that there coming out with a metroid film. directed by john woo. thou i never heard of him i cant wait to see it.

Originally Posted by hoffarthd
if anyone here likes the classic metroid games (metroid, metroid 2 return of samus, super metroid, metroid prime, metroid fusion) then you'll be happy to hear that there coming out with a metroid film. directed by john woo. thou i never heard of him i cant wait to see it.
John Woo Directed

Face/Off (d. John Woo, 1997)

Paycheck (d. John Woo, 2003)

Mission Impossible: 2 (d. John Woo, 2000)

They dont have a director yet but he is the producer i think

i loved all of those movies, and as far as i'm concerned, the benefits outweigh the risks, although i understand that these movies "can" kill franchises, the idea of a movie, in which you can just sit back, and not work your ass off at a game, and yet you can still enjoy 2 hours of Samus Aran

Wow! That would be awesome if John Woo directed. All those films were top-notch! If this film was a success he could get VERY BIG!! I can't wait to see the movie, even if it is bad.

http://www.gamersmark.com/news/2003/07/1/2846

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Didn't Woo do Freddy vs. Jason to? But I think the Metroid movie will be awesome and I'm a real big fan of the Metroid games.

Randomly visiting for now
The Metroid series rocks, a movie could be either really or good or really disappointing for fans of the games. I think it would be hard to make much money from this kind of movie, unless they found some way to make it more generally interesting to movie goers. but I'd probably love it no matter what!

E-mphasis
Diablo, check the date on that news topic. Woo picked up the license after those guys lost it.

is the movie gonna be all cartoon and stuff? or actors?

E-mphasis
Actors reaperX. Live action, but you can bet your bottom dollar it's gonna be greenscreened to death.

it would have to be, but if done well enough, i think this could be good, or at least amusing, i do want to see how the Metroids are done, graphically speaking

-Ian

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by MOVIE_bug
If this film was a success he could get VERY BIG!!

Uhhh...he's already pretty well know, especially by any one into action movies.

Ohh yeah...and just to let you down now, so you don't get to built up for it...this movie WON'T do good. Don't take that to mean I would not like to see it do well, I just know it won't. It might make money when it comes out...even enough to possibly warrent a sequel...but only if it does it in the first two weeks...after that, everyone who watches it, will have told everyone they know NOT to watch it ex. RE2.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

I cant beleive how little anyone seems to know about John Woo, if you dont know him for his (superior) Hong Kong films (The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow) and the vast influences on contemporary mainstream cinema like The Matrix and Reservoir Dogs. If you dont know those all-time cult classic, height of the action genre films from the 'King of action' or his Hollywood work, you shouldnt really be on a movie forum site, n/o.
Anyway, Metroid, last time i looked at his filmography, he wasnt down to direct, i know he was at one stage

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I cant beleive how little anyone seems to know about John Woo, if you dont know him for his (superior) Hong Kong films (The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow) and the vast influences on contemporary mainstream cinema like The Matrix and Reservoir Dogs. If you dont know those all-time cult classic, height of the action genre films from the 'King of action' or his Hollywood work, you shouldnt really be on a movie forum site, n/o.
Anyway, Metroid, last time i looked at his filmography, he wasnt down to direct, i know he was at one stage
EXACTLY!!!

As far as I know, his production company still holds the rights....but that does not mean that he will direct it.