On average, how many movies do you see a day?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I want to see if i can average 4 or 5 a day
Including shorts? Doable. Excluding shorts? Extremely hard to do if you work. Moderately easy to do if you don't. 4 a day means 28 a week. 5 a day means 35 a week. These are no small numbers.

My very inaccurate calculations tell me that I've been watching 4 movies a day for the past 12 years. And that includes shorts!

No ratings? Boomer!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Thanks, mostly features i want to do, but some shorts for a boost, i'm retired. Very impressive for you, i sensed lately you have seen a lot and it inspires me.

Incuding shorts? Doable. Excluding shorts? Extremely hard to do if you work. Moderately easy to do if you don't. 4 a day means 28 a week. 5 a day means 35 a week. These are no small numbers.

My very inacurate calculations tell me that I've been watching 4 movies a day for the past 12 years. And that includes shorts!

No ratings? Boomer!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Thanks, mostly features i want to do, but some shorts for a boost, i'm retired. Very impressive for you, i sensed lately you have seen a lot and it inspires me.
Yeah, I'd had folly binges of Looney Tunes and similar cartoon shorts as well as early silents so those boosted the numbers. It's easily well above 10,000 full-lengths for me, anyway. I'm still young. Provided I never stop watching movies and don't die too soon, I may achieve some crazy numbers in the late stages of my life. Then again, it's not really about the number. Quality over quantity, and all that. Then again, you can't watch a lot of movies by watching only a few! Film critics do it for a job and end up with thousands of films watched AND reviewed! I work a daily job, so I mostly stick to watching, rarely reviewing them.

But yeah, since you're retired, I can totally see averaging 4 a day as doable!

It depends on my work schedule. I can usually watch 1-2 movies before/after work depending on my shift. On my days off, I can watch 4-6 movies. I have watched 447 films this year, which is an average of 17.5 a week. Last year, I watched 890 films.

May i be your disciple?

It depends on my work schedule. I can usually watch 1-2 movies before/after work depending on my shift. On my days off, I can watch 4-6 movies. I have watched 447 films this year, which is an average of 17.5 a week. Last year, I watched 890 films.

May i be your disciple?
Yes, for a small fee of three cookies a day. First lesson, when watching a film remember you are becoming one with the film. The film is now a part of you and you are a part of the film. Your homework for today is to watch the contemporary classic masterpiece Elmo in Grouchland and write a 100 word essay on the nature of Elmo's metaphysical philosophy and how it helped changed the landscape of our society.

Yes, for a small fee of three cookies a day. First lesson, when watching a film remember you are becoming one with the film. The film is now a part of you and you are a part of the film. Your homework for today is to watch the contemporary classic masterpiece Elmo in Grouchland and write a 100 word essay on the nature of Elmo's metaphysical philosophy and how it helped changed the landscape of our society.

Wow....some of you are dedicated fans. I am too, but try to stay away from the screen at least during daylight hours. I generally see one or two movies per week, with my butt in a seat in a theater. I'm fortunate enough to have several venues nearby, good city light destinations, showing a lot of indie and foreign films, along with blockbusters. It's more of a night out on the town.

At home, it's a late-night catch-as-catch-can sort of thing. Look in the DVD heap, scan Netflix and Amazon or Xfinity-On-Demand and see what appeals, generally completely a matter of momentary impulse. Generally late night is for sci-fi, horror or noir, preferably older and somewhat dark, although lately that mega-biblical spectacle Ben Hur (the 1950's one), has been glaring off the shelf, needed to be watched, but that's a very long night.

I like to think somewhere between 1 - 3 new watches a week with a revisit for something I liked or felt like I didn't fully comprehend that I watched many years ago that Im seeing for the first time with a more advanced movie brain. I believe I cracked over 300 a few times while attempting to see a first timer every day but I get bored doing that. I have to say my current role of my watching schedule now I listed above is my favorite version of me as I find new stuff and rediscover past viewings with a better understanding. I think my 2021 infant list was my favorite year as I watched over 250 films and made a pretty damn good top 100 out of those.

Old and dark is right up my alley, enjoy Ben-Hur, the silent version is pretty good too.

Wow....some of you are dedicated fans. I am too, but try to stay away from the screen at least during daylight hours. I generally see one or two movies per week, with my butt in a seat in a theater. I'm fortunate enough to have several venues nearby, good city light destinations, showing a lot of indie and foreign films, along with blockbusters. It's more of a night out on the town.

At home, it's a late-night catch-as-catch-can sort of thing. Look in the DVD heap, scan Netflix and Amazon or Xfinity-On-Demand and see what appeals, generally completely a matter of momentary impulse. Generally late night is for sci-fi, horror or noir, preferably older and somewhat dark, although lately that mega-biblical spectacle Ben Hur (the 1950's one), has been glaring off the shelf, needed to be watched, but that's a very long night.

It's something to maintain a flow over a long time, keep that rhythm up.

I like to think somewhere between 1 - 3 new watches a week with a revisit for something I liked or felt like I didn't fully comprehend that I watched many years ago that Im seeing for the first time with a more advanced movie brain. I believe I cracked over 300 a few times while attempting to see a first timer every day but I get bored doing that. I have to say my current role of my watching schedule now I listed above is my favorite version of me as I find new stuff and rediscover past viewings with a better understanding. I think my 2021 infant list was my favorite year as I watched over 250 films and made a pretty damn good top 100 out of those.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I want to see if i can average 4 or 5 a day
https://letterboxd.com/13moons/films/diary/
I just looked at your Letterboxd account, impressive! You've watched a wide diversity of films and a lot of them too.

I see you're new, welcome! I hope you'll stick around, MoFo is a great place for movie fans of all types. We do lots of movie watching events that might interest you, like:
The Top 100 MoFo War Countdown I just checked and by the deadline July 26th you would've been here more than a month so you qualify to send in a voting ballot for your top 25 war films.

We also do HoFs (Hall of Fames), Movie Challenges and it would be great to you pop in and try the Top 100 War Movies - Group Watch (you just watch the current chosen war film if you want, then your name goes into a 'hat' for selecting the next film we watch...no comments and laid back.

Thanks, hope i can take part sometime, i'm a little dense with using nifty features and stuff, the main thing for me is to enhance the film loving experience.

I just looked at your Letterboxd account, impressive! You've watched a wide diversity of films and a lot of them too.

I see you're new, welcome! I hope you'll stick around, MoFo is a great place for movie fans of all types. We do lots of movie watching events that might interest you, like:
The Top 100 MoFo War Countdown I just checked and by the deadline July 26th you would've been here more than a month so you qualify to send in a voting ballot for your top 25 war films.

We also do HoFs (Hall of Fames), Movie Challenges and it would be great to you pop in and try the Top 100 War Movies - Group Watch (you just watch the current chosen war film if you want, then your name goes into a 'hat' for selecting the next film we watch...no comments and laid back.