Why Was My Post Deleted?

Tools    

Screamingly Innocent...

I recently posted "What Is Your Favorite Movie Of The 80's" and it was deleted. I said it could be deleted if this was already a topic but I searched the site and I didn't find anything to do with the 80's. If someone knows of this topic somewhere else it would be appreciated if I could see the link because I don't believe in things done without a good reason and if there is no topic of this I'd like a reason why it was deleted? I only posted because the forums desperately needs new topics everyone is lingering in the same ones and it gets old. It was posted in the general forum so I don't see why it couldn't stay there since there ARE topics of the same subject that have been talked about and they don't get deleted.

In your post you stated "I'm not sure if this was a thread yet. You can delete it if it is." So it was removed (not deleted; it merely isn't visible publicly) due to the existence of the following threads:To address the rest of your post: I don't think there's anything boring about posting in the same threads for awhile. The fact that people continue to post in them indicates that they're still interested in talking about them.

A far bigger "problem" than people finding threads interesting enough to post in them again and again is duplicate or re-hashed threads, which are basically a daily occurrence at this point. I'm not quite sure what it is you searched for that stopped you from finding the threads listened above (among others).

Screamingly Innocent...

Oooh... alright. I would of totally deleted it too.

I just went to http://www.movieforums.com/community/search.php?
and typed "80's" and it said "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I would of not posted it if it would of came up with any search results. Thanks for responding right away! How would I go about what not too post anything already posted if I can't find it in the search? I have other threads I wanna post and now I'm not sure... lmfao...

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, I have problems with the search facility too so I don't bother. I think one of the problems about creating new threads is trying to make the thread sound original.

Oh yeah, use full stops! I can't breathe!

Well, now that that's settled, my favorite 80s movie is A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Well, now that that's settled, my favorite 80s movie is A Nightmare On Elm Street.
Yeah, but how does she fit through the little window in the door at the end of the film? THAT would never happen. The film lost all credibility with me at that point.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Why were my threads/posts deleted also?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Johann Bach
Why were my threads/posts deleted also?

Thanks.

Because they were SPAM.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Because they were SPAM.
They were ideas I was sharing. How is that SPAM? Do we even have an objective definition of "SPAM?" In the other forums I participate in on the internet, no moderator considered my posts "SPAM." I posted information related to the topics/threads. Perhaps you consider the very concept of a link to be spam? I suppose that if I went to a forum called "University Discussion Forums" and I start a thread for people to give me info. on good medical universities, and if a member posts a link to a good medical university, that would be "SPAM?"

Regards.

I posted information related to the topics/threads. Perhaps you consider the very concept of a link to be spam? I suppose that if I went to a forum called "University Discussion Forums" and I start a thread for people to give me info. on good medical universities, and if a member posts a link to a good medical university, that would be "SPAM?"
Exactly. Glad you understand the ground rules. Now you're on the same page. Or rather, you aren't, as your SPAM was rightfully deleted.

Y'all don't come back now, y'hear!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

They were ideas I was sharing. How is that SPAM? Do we even have an objective definition of "SPAM?" In the other forums I participate in on the internet, no moderator considered my posts "SPAM." I posted information related to the topics/threads. Perhaps you consider the very concept of a link to be spam? I suppose that if I went to a forum called "University Discussion Forums" and I start a thread for people to give me info. on good medical universities, and if a member posts a link to a good medical university, that would be "SPAM?"

Regards.

The sharing of ideas is fine… as is giving the originator of the idea credit … however, posting links designed to promote the sale of merchandise is SPAM.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
The sharing of ideas is fine… as is giving the originator of the idea credit … however, posting links designed to promote the sale of merchandise is SPAM.
In one thread, the person asked for some types of books to read. I suggested the topic of Transhumanism and provided a Yahoo search to FREE online literature.

The other link was to a University professor's site, FREE online material to read, nothing to buy. This was posted in my "The Thirteenth Floor" thread.

The other link was to a site discussion religion, tons of free literature. I was linking to his free online article on religion.

So, according to your own definition, I'm was not even spamming. But that's fine, I like this forum and don't want to be antagonistic, so, have a nice day!

Regards.

In one thread, the person asked for some types of books to read. I suggested the topic of Transhumanism and provided a Yahoo search to FREE online literature.
The post with your reading suggestion was not deleted. The post with your search was deleted -- there was and still is a question as to whether or not your purpose here is to promote.

The other link was to a University professor's site, FREE online material to read, nothing to buy. This was posted in my "The Thirteenth Floor" thread.
The link in your post: The Thirteenth Floor

leads to:

Amazon.com ($70,00)

The other link was to a site discussion religion, tons of free literature. I was linking to his free online article on religion.
The link in your post:

The Falsity of Religion: Twelve Indisputable Arguments

leads to:

ORDERS OF THREE OR MORE BOOKS: You save one dollar per book for every order of three or more books.
ORDERS OF TEN OR MORE BOOKS: You save a FULL 40% on orders of 10 or more books (the same or different titles). Sorry, but you CANNOT APPLY the '3-or-more' offer and the '10-or-more' offer on the same order - you must choose one or the other.

HOW TO ORDER DIRECT

So, according to your own definition, I'm was not even spamming. But that's fine, I like this forum and don't want to be antagonistic, so, have a nice day!

Regards.

So, according to my definition - you were posting SPAM.

Have a nice day...