If you HAD to lose one of your five senses, which would it be?

Tools    

Which sense would you give up?
0%
0 votes
Sight
10.00%
1 votes
Hearing
30.00%
3 votes
Taste
0%
0 votes
Touch
50.00%
5 votes
Smell
10.00%
1 votes
I can't decide. Just pull the damn trigger!
10 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Okay, someone holds a gun to your head, and says that you have to give up one of your five senses forever or he pulls the trigger. Which one would you sacrifice? I'm sure that sight and hearing wouldn't be acceptable to most here (our DVD collections would become useless ), but which one would you choose? I'd have to say taste. Sure, it'd be a shame to not be able to taste a juicy steak or piece of chicken, but I could live without it. Thoughts?

Oh, my God. Such a wealth of obnoxious things to say:
  • Are you a sense? Can I lose you?
  • Wait. You have taste to lose?
  • I could live without you.
  • Christ, man, do you have to keep posting such utter crap?

Instead, I think I'll say The Sixth Sense. That film did nothing for me. I'd lose that.

Why, that reaction was a little unprovoked, wasn't it?
I didn't actually say any of those things. I said that they were options.

I chose instead to keep my mouth shut.

If I can stop laughing, I'll choose.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I ate all your bees.
Go fu*k yourself....maybe then you'll lose all your senses.
Blunt and to the Point, Bravo.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I would like to lose my mind.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I would like to lose my mind.
I imagine it would be like living inside Jeremy Blake's artwork from Punch-Drunk Love.

I ate all your bees.
Taste, then Touch...All the others would just make life to hard

Smell would probably be my choice, I could become a portapotty suckeroutter and not have to worry about the stink. I hear they make good money.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I would probably give up smell, I dont really need it.
Except that you'd lose most of your sense of taste with it.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Except that you'd lose most of your sense of taste with it.
I dunno about most (I've heard the "stories," as it were, but have been unable to notice more than a slight change when squeezing my nostrils together oh-so-tightly), but even if it were so, it'd still be a no-brainer in my case.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I dunno about most (I've heard the "stories," as it were, but have been unable to notice more than a slight change when squeezing my nostrils together oh-so-tightly), but even if it were so, it'd still be a no-brainer in my case.
My parents have this neighbor, she's in her seventies. About 5 years ago she was putting boxes in her attic when she fell down the stairs and hit her head on the concrete. She wasn't found for about two hours and lost a lot of blood. She cracked her head open considerably and also suffered a stroke as she layed there, and to this day, suffers a number of side effects. One of them is that she lost her sense of smell, I didn't know that was possible before. What she says now is that she can't taste anything. Whether this is all true or not, or just an old lady going for extra pity points, I don't know. That's just what she says. I do know that she fell and almost died from it, and I see other side effects to this day, like her equilibrium being all out of whack.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Hey, remember when I was mean to jrs?
It was funny 'cause it was mean.

I've been mean to jrs too, but I'm a tortured creature riddled by guilt, so I kept the fun part to myself.

Originally Posted by jrs
Go fu*k yourself....maybe then you'll lose all your senses.
How would you lose all of your senses if you ****ed yourself?

You know, you can actually do that - **** yourself. I won't say exactly how it's done, but I will tell you that it involves a clay modeling kit.