The Maisie Williams Thread

Tools    

Ha! I'm going to do eeeet! And I don't care what anybody says.

I've had a bunch of celebrity crushes in the past. I crushed on Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst, Camilla Belle, Elisha Cuthbert, Jennifer Lawrence, and a few others. I've gone through a considerable amount of their filmographies. I've kept up with their ongoing projects for a time. Jennifer Lawrence was one I followed for about a year or so, until Hunger Games. After that I gradually lost interest in the path she was taking. I followed Ellen Page for a while too, although I wouldn't say I had a crush on her. I still keep my eye out for her upcoming projects, but her twitter is more like a gay rights activist page than anything else these days. My fascination with Maisie Williams is something I haven't really experienced before. I do have that kind of butterflies in the chest feeling, but at the same time I don't let myself think of her in any sort of romantic way, mostly because she's just too young for me now. I do think she's very attractive, but I really just find her to be such a fun and fascinating person, and she does so many interesting projects. I've never really been that interested in an actor's career before, and not for so long. Like usually it just fades after a few months and I keep tabs on them, but I am still super keen on what she's up to and what's coming up around the bend.

So for this thread I'm just going to talk about her, post videos of interviews and fun things she does (because she does some really interesting things), and talk about her movies and upcoming projects.

This video was very amusing. Maisie went under cover at a hobby shop pretending to be a clerk and getting fans to act out scenes from the show to win prizes.

I've had a bunch of celebrity crushes in the past. I crushed on Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst, Camilla Belle, Elisha Cuthbert, Jennifer Lawrence, and a few others.
Jennifer Lawrence is nice. I haven't seen her in much, like a lot of current actors, but what I saw of her in The Hunger Games was good. I don't like her as Mystique in X-Men unfortunately because I think she's a bit sullen and lacking in dimension. I really preferred Rebecca Romijn because her character got to be more internal and mysterious and consequently a lot more threatening when it was called for.

Jennifer Lawrence was one I followed for about a year or so, until Hunger Games. After that I gradually lost interest in the path she was taking.
She "chose the wrong friends".

I followed Ellen Page for a while too, although I wouldn't say I had a crush on her. I still keep my eye out for her upcoming projects, but her twitter is more like a gay rights activist page than anything else these days.
It's a shame if that's become the most important thing about her for fans. She was really good in Hard Candy wasn't she? I hadn't remembered her appearing in X-Men either, but she had maybe the best one-liner in the film.

My fascination with Maisie Williams is something I haven't really experienced before. I do have that kind of butterflies in the chest feeling, but at the same time I don't let myself think of her in any sort of romantic way, mostly because she's just too young for me now.
Butterflies in the chest – I think the last time I got that was with Lynn Collins, and she's only two years older than me so I'm sorted.

I do think she's very attractive, but I really just find her to be such a fun and fascinating person, and she does so many interesting projects. I've never really been that interested in an actor's career before, and not for so long. Like usually it just fades after a few months and I keep tabs on them, but I am still super keen on what she's up to and what's coming up around the bend.
I'm quite interested in Rooney Mara's films and I'd like to see Carol in particular. Cate Blanchett spoke about how unusual and distinctive she is and that comes over in everything I've seen of her. Incredible face and looks amazing on screen.

This video was very amusing. Maisie went under cover at a hobby shop pretending to be a clerk and getting fans to act out scenes from the show to win prizes.
This is good. I like her here because she's quick and witty and the amount of energy she has makes me disappointed that she couldn't have had something better to do in Doctor Who. I loathed the character she was playing but I didn't see all of it, only Face the Raven (or Sod the Raven as I call it).

Her Doctor Who character was kind of interesting. I liked that bit at the end of the season where she's playing chess at the end of the world and talking with the doctor about theories of the end of the universe.

For Ellen Page you have to see Mouth to Mouth and The Tracey Fragments. For Jennifer Lawrence check out Winter's Bone, The Poker House, and The Burning Plain.

Her Doctor Who character was kind of interesting. I liked that bit at the end of the season where she's playing chess at the end of the world and talking with the doctor about theories of the end of the universe.

For Ellen Page you have to see Mouth to Mouth and The Tracey Fragments. For Jennifer Lawrence check out Winter's Bone, The Poker House, and The Burning Plain.
I'd like to see Silver Linings Playbook as well, and probably American Hustle, but I'd probably be a bit distracted by Amy Adams.

I saw so many interviews of Maisie talking about her contact lenses from Game of Thrones and how they hurt her eyes. They had two different types, one thicker that she couldn't see through for close-ups, and one with tiny holes so she could see a bit during the action scenes. After watching the five episodes of season 6 that have aired it seems to me like it was a complete waste of time. Her scenes are short, and there is literally nothing in any of them that warrants using them. I mean the couple brief close-ups could easily have been done with thinner contacts that provided the color they wanted. What was the point of making her unable to see so that she could look intently and wide-eyed at the camera for five seconds? Also I am finding that her characters' story is getting less interesting. The funny thing is that Arya's story in the books at this point is actually quite interesting. Also in multiple interviews Maisie said that it was exciting now that the show has passed the point where the books are at and they can sort of branch off in their own direction. Well, the show isn't past the books yet, and I know she hasn't even read them, so I guess maybe her mom misinformed her or something. But anyway, I really don't like the approach they're taking to Arya's training. It feels like things that need to be said are not being said. Like when you're training a new employee, but you sort of leave them in the dark without explaining how to do their job and keep them even though they aren't really an honest worker or doing the job properly, and in fact they've been caught doing things that could get them fired... In the books her training feels so much better structured, and what they tell her or don't tell her is much more intentional. The way she breaks the rules a bit and gets reprimanded is done better, and the way that she perseveres and actually starts earning her place is done better. So, I feel really weird about the show now since Maisie is the main reason I watch it and her scenes are not that interesting, and they're pretty short except for one decent length scene in episode 5 (although it branched extremely far away from the books).

I saw so many interviews of Maisie talking about her contact lenses from Game of Thrones and how they hurt her eyes. They had two different types, one thicker that she couldn't see through for close-ups, and one with tiny holes so she could see a bit during the action scenes. After watching the five episodes of season 6 that have aired it seems to me like it was a complete waste of time. Her scenes are short, and there is literally nothing in any of them that warrants using them. I mean the couple brief close-ups could easily have been done with thinner contacts that provided the color they wanted. What was the point of making her unable to see so that she could look intently and wide-eyed at the camera for five seconds?.
On this subject I agree that it sounds pointless and unfair on the actor (I want to say actress but I might get lynched). I know Mira Furlan requested camera flashes not to be turned on a while back as her eyes were vulnerable due to the solvent used in removing her prosthetics and make-up on Babylon 5. I'm assuming Brent Spiner would have the same issues, and many other actors.

I'm quite interested in Rooney Mara's films and I'd like to see Carol in particular. Cate Blanchett spoke about how unusual and distinctive she is and that comes over in everything I've seen of her. Incredible face and looks amazing on screen.
Saw a bit of Rooney Mara in Side Effects the other day. Very impressed – gorgeous and obviously very talented. The best performance in the film it would seem.

Some very pretty photos of Maisie Williams:

I love the Roy Lichtenstein shoes.

I was stunned when I found out shes 19.
Yeah, it must be a very odd thing for actors who grow up on a show. I understand Game of Thrones is due to get a couple more seasons, possibly reduced in length. That's a long time to play the same character but I'm amazed at the amount of other work she's done during the time, which I didn't know before Zotis mentioned some of it (well only Doctor Who but that was diabolical ).

These are funny. I think what I like about her is her youthful enthusiasm (I just about remember that ) – and her eyebrows.

I really liked the part where she was sitting at the chess table at the end of the world. What would have made it even better would be if she was actually playing chess with herself.

I like how they left it a bit open so they could even bring her back on Doctor Who... Maybe? She was the best part of the show for me.

I really liked the part where she was sitting at the chess table at the end of the world. What would have made it even better would be if she was actually playing chess with herself.

I like how they left it a bit open so they could even bring her back on Doctor Who... Maybe? She was the best part of the show for me.
I suppose they could as long as she still looks the same age.