Best Being-in-Love Scenes

Tools    

I'm new to this forum and long-timers are probably sick of this subject. But being a romantic, I'd like to hear what people think are the best scenes that show the feeling of being in love. One of my favorites is when William Holden and Kim Novak are dancing without touching in "Picnic." I adore the "You dance while I play" scene with Alan Ricman and Juliet Stevenson in "Truly, Madly, Deeply." Tom Burlinson and Sigrid Thornton's first kiss in "The Man From Snowy River" was superbly filmed. Even Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer do it right at the end of "Ladyhawke". And of course there's the fabulous being-in-love parody when Leslie Nielson and Priscilla Presley romp together in the first "Naked Gun," oblivious to everything else in the world.

What are your best being-in-love scenes?

Braveheart... when William gave Murron the flower he had carried with him since he was a little boy…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I must become Caligari..!
Most of True Romance (1993)
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

My favourite scene is from Baz Lurman's 'Strictly Ballroom' where the two stars, Tara morice as 'Fran', Paul Mercurio as 'Scott' Dance, with, passion, Love and kiss at the end, while John Paul Young sings 'Love is in the air'

It makes me feel like this oh no like this

Moulin Rouge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole this was just so romantic and sad and the music was awsome!!!

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

Put me in your pocket...
I’ve been meaning to write something for this. Nice thread Frobozz....nice to see another romantic heart here.

Here are a few of my favorite "being in love" scenes.

Sense and Sensibility
All of the love scenes with Marianne Dashwood and John Willoughby. From the moment they met...and the way they met...until they’re parting. In particular I loved the scene when Elinor looks up from her writing and watches the two in the other room. Willoughby is on one knee and softy caress’ Marianne jawline as he reaches for her curl...cuts it and kisses it...and how she looks at him as he does this. For me it was such a tender moment.

I thought it was nice touch at the very end seeing Willoughby watch her leave from her wedding on the hill....showing he did love her and wasn’t a complete shmuck.

Persuasion
When Anne reads the letter Wenworth leaves for her...finally declaring his love for her after so many years. The letter was beautiful..."You pierce my soul..."

Jerry Maguire
When Jerry says his “you complete me” speech infront of all of those women.

One of the most endearing scenes to me was...

On Golden Pond
When Norman gets lost and scared in the woods...and returns to Ethal. That whole scene with Ethal reassuring him...saying he was still her “knight in shining armor” and him telling her she was the prettiest thing he’s ever seen gets me teary eyed everytime.

I remember my heart literally breaking of loneliness while watching Say Anything when I was younger.

I also dreamt of the perfect life while watching The Bounty.

But I think the most tragic is from Leaving Las Vegas.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not a romantic and I don't often watch films that are specifically crammed with romance, but there was a scene that I recall from Sleepless In Seattle (I haven't seen the whole movie thru tho, so don't get excited, Annie!). Tom Hanks is reminiscing about his late wife to the talk-back radio..."just getting up in the morning..." that line or something like that....

i love the movie Entropy, the whole thing gets to me, especially the part where they go out and make their movie of them running around the park just completely in love and he watches it through out the movie when he missses her.

I ate all your bees.
Spike and Buffy :P

True it was a comedy, buuuuuuuut, my favorite romantic scenes are in Princess Bride, the farmboy and the princess had great chemistry together.

also: True Lies when Arnold was watching his wife strip, some would say that is sexy, and not romantic, but since it was his wife and she didnt know, I felt it to be more romantic.

Lady and a Tramp, very romantic

The Last of the Mohicans, that scene where he told her he would find her ...man thats good

The love scene in The Sound of Music, when Captain Von Trapp (Christopher Plummer) declares his love for Maria (Julie Andrews)

Just a few here, but I tend to think I am a romatic at heart (sshhh dont tell anyone)

the scene in ever after where prince henry declares his love for danielle at the ruins..beautiful scene...

also when they are at the gypsy camp...

at the end of some kind of wonderful when eric stolz give mary stuart masterson the earrings...

There are those who call me...Tim.
Not really my type of film, but I suppose the scene where Darcy admits to Bridget Jones that he likes her just the way she is, was pretty good. It just seemed more real to me than most of the one's I've seen.

garden state, the dialogue in that movie is unreal.(best date movie ever)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The end of Raising Victor Vargas has the sweetest kiss I've seen on film.

Eternal Sunshine... had some great chemistry when they were falling in love.

This is a difficult subject, but I think "Braveheart"(when Murron gives young William the flower at the funeral----the music is so captivating and their faces are so adorable....lol) , "100 Girls"(when the boy stands in front of all the girl dormitories outside and makes that speech looking for that one woman he's loved), and "Anger Management"(when Adam Sandler proposes to Marisa Tomei at the baseball game on the field) are the best examples I can think of when being-in-love, its the most powerful.

Originally Posted by nebbit
My favourite scene is from Baz Lurman's 'Strictly Ballroom' where the two stars, Tara morice as 'Fran', Paul Mercurio as 'Scott' Dance, with, passion, Love and kiss at the end, while John Paul Young sings 'Love is in the air'

It makes me feel like this oh no like this
Man, I love Strictly Ballroom, and I agree with your choice of that scene.

My own choice is this one from Harold and Maude, one of my top 3 favorite movies.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Spike and Buffy :P
Nooooooooooooooooo

Buffy and Angel forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!---check my site

Jerry Maguire--'you had me at hello'

City of Angels--After Seth and maggie fight, she's in her room and cant see him but he stays with her while she sleeps. And the first time they see each other in the library and he touches her hand.

The bodyguard
--when she runs to him at the end

Ghost--you know the bit

Romeo and Juliet--every scene leo and claire are in together

::slaps forehad::

DOH!
How could I forget:
"We'll always have Paris."
(and if you need to ask the movie, go turn in your fan membership card).

Another classic scene is the final scene in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, starring Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. I won't describe it, since that would be a spoiler, but it leaves me a sobbing mess every time I watch it.

Fatal Attraction Only true love can be the cause.

Single White Female Some roommate goes down on her boyfriend. I wish I had a girlfriend that was that, "down." No pun intended, HAHAHAHAHA... It's love.