The Movie Forums Star Wars Weekend, To Celebrate The Force Awakens

Tools    

Ok boys and girls...

Get your lightsabers out and your metallic bikinis on... we're having a MoFo Star Wars Weekend to celebrate The Force Awakens!!

It'll take place late November, so there's plenty of time to get people interested and informed of the event, and Yoda has said he will open the chatroom for the occasion.

I have spoken with our great leader, coincidentally, or not, named as Yoda... and we can use the chatroom like a kind of commentary thread.

This will be a timed and coordinated event over a 3 day period, starting on a Friday, and ending on a Sunday.

The actual dates are Friday 27th November for Episodes I and II...

... Saturday 28th November for Episodes III and IV...

... and Sunday 29th November for Episodes V and VI...

... in preparation for the December 18th release of The Force Awakens.

-----

Times are approximate, we can give or take a minute or two… there will though be a run up to the times on each day, a couple hours or so with everyone getting excited and stuff so the chances are you won’t miss the start times. Heh heh heh!

These times are British time, GMT, so please check your local time if you’re outside the United Kingdom or GMT times so you can gauge when to be here…

Friday 27th November
The Phantom Menace: 7pm till 9:15pm GMT
Attack Of The Clones: 9:45pm till 00:05am GMT

Saturday 28th November

Revenge Of The Sith: 7pm till 9:20pm GMT
A New Hope: 10pm till 00:05am GMT

Sunday 29th November
The Empire Strikes Back: 7pm till 9:07pm GMT
Return Of The Jedi: 9:30pm till 11:45pm GMT
-----

There will be a big lead up before the time we actually kick off... but around 7pm British time will be the kick off point, give or take a few minutes, so get the DVD player going.

Please check your local time for comparison as to when 7pm British time is to your own clock

It's a bit of an awkward one picking times as us MoFos are spread across the galaxy pretty well... so I picked 7pm British time, so that'll be the time.

So...

Please join in...

Very cool, I might actually be able to do November. But Sean and I will probably be doing commentaries for 5 and 6, still.

This is big. There hasn't been a Movie Forums chat room gathering for a movie, yet. Now there's going to be a weekend with SIX movies.

You'll need to check that yourselves guys... MoFos are spread over the planet... so you'll need to check your times with 7pm GMT (British Time) (Greenwich Mean Time)

There will be a big lead up though, I'd say a couple hours with a countdown so people don't get missed out.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The actual dates are Friday 27th November for Episodes I and II...

... Saturday 28th November for Episodes III and IV...

... and Sunday 29th November for Episodes V and VI...

I think that's Thanksgiving weekend. That's usually a big convention weekend, so I probably won't be around.

Still haven't seen any.
This is your year brother. Gotta be ready for The Force Awakens. Don't worry being a geek only hurts for a minute. Then you fall in love with Star Wars and you realize this whole time it has been you that was

Don't worry being a geek only hurts for a minute.
I think that minute went past him a long time ago.

I strongly urge, no I demand that everyone taking part changes to a Star Wars avatar for the occasion.
You just want to do that because your Jabba avatar was the best avatar this site has ever seen.

November 13-15 will fall on my birthday. There's also a Friday the 13th.

It's Raul's birthday, too.