Best Bookshop scenes in films?

Tools    

Currently researching a project on bookshops/stores in film. Anyone have any recommendations of films for me to watch? Doesn't have to be a significant part of the film, just a quick scene set in or around the bookshop, or any other films (bar You've Got Mail and 84 Charing Cross Road) that are about a bookshop? Thanks

I can't think of many specific examples of what you're looking for off the top of my head, but IMDb allows you to search by keyword. I typed "bookstore" and filtered out TV results and came up with 259 titles:

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/bookstor...e_type=feature

With that said, most of those results will only have a brief scene in a bookstore, most likely. For example, Vertigo is listed and there is only a short scene in a bookstore near the beginning of the film. I hope that helps, though!

That is a brilliant help, thank you very much!

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
For some reason, this scene in Hannah and Her Sisters immediately popped into my mind:

Story about my mother: The Castrating Zionist
The last film in the Antoine series by Francois Truffaut has excellent bookstore scenes. As well as an even better record store scene.

Story about my mother: The Castrating Zionist
I'm ashamed I forgot this, but in Une femme est une femme they start out in a bookstore, though that's the new wave Godard film gets **** on the most.

I think "The Spy Who Came in From The Cold" has a bookstore scene.

I recently saw 'The Answer Man', I nice feel good film. Some good bookshop scenes, particular at end of film. 3.5/5

Thanks, some great ideas! Looking forward to watching the Truffaut, studied some of his other work a while back.

Seem to be going in a Rom Com direction, plenty to think about there. But glad to have some other genres to look at.

Just watched the Your Friends and Neighbours clip, great for what i'm doing! (Romantic possibilities in the bookshop, chance in the city, meeting place for the white middle class, the physical space of the shop), do you recommend the film? Poster for The Answer Man also looks promising.

Just watched the Your Friends and Neighbours clip, great for what i'm doing! (Romantic possibilities in the bookshop, chance in the city, meeting place for the white middle class, the physical space of the shop), do you recommend the film? Poster for The Answer Man also looks promising.
I've only seen clips of it but the clips are great. It's very much the sort of film that you will either love or hate- it's about serial adulterers incapable of having healthy relationships. The dialogue's great.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
X marks the spot.

Oh Sorry thats a library. Just remembered