Hope to find the name of a movie

Tools    

zaq
I saw this movie about 10 years ago.

Genre: Drama/Thriller.

A lot of dialog, very few action.

The movie takes place inside a car almost entirely, and it is about a white and black man. They meet eachother aside the road, as one of the two (the white guy i think) is having a problem with his car.

The black man stops to see what is wrong. They start talking. Then the black man (with the working car) suddenly acts violent and starts waving with a gun.

Somehow, as time passes the white man (voluntary) accepts the other guys offer to step in the working vehicle. (Kinda weird, but thats what i remember. Maybe the guy with gun pretended to make a joke.)

As they drive on the road, they talk a lot, and they begin to get to know each other, and gain each others respect.

Somehow the black guy wants to be killed (by the white guy), so the insurance will pay up. In that way he can support his wife. (Maybe the black man had a disease and would die soon anyway, not sure. But apparently this would not result in the insurance paying up (in time?). )

I am not sure about the ending but this is what i recall:

At the end the white man walks back to the car (they had stopped at a gas station) and the black man is gone. At his seat he finds a letter. I guess the information in this letter answers some questions. Maybe the letter is to be delivered to his wife, to let her know that her husband 'died in an accident'.

It was not one movies listed here:
- Cactus
- The Man
- Collateral
- Short time
- Changing lanes
- Nothing to Loose

But Cactus comes close. (story wise). I do not recall the names of actors. (A black and a white actor.)

I hope this rings a bell for someone out there..

that movie is Changing Lanes with samual jackson and ben affleck

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If it is, it's a weird version of it because except for a black guy, a white guy and a car, nothing else is like it.

Semper Fooey
The OP already ruled it out.

zaq
Indeed it was not changing langes. I tried other forums as well but with no luck. I really want to see it again. But i just can't think of anymore details worth mentioning that would help finding the movie title.