Favorite Bollywood Movies

Tools    

I recently saw two Indian movies so I might as well do an Indian movies list. If you guys have anything of note to add, it will be appreciated:

7 Khoon Maaf
Mumbai Meri Jaan
Ab Tak Chhappan
Apaharan
Asoka
Bandit Queen
Before The Rains
Bombay
Chandni Bar
Company - Indian version of the Godfather
Dil Se
Earth
Ek Hasina Thi
Fire
Guru
Kama Sutra
Kurbaan
Lagaan
Maachis
Mr. & Mrs. Iyer
Nayagan
Omkara
Parinda
Parineeta
Pinjar
Race
Salaam Bombay
Sarkar
Sarkar Raj
Satya
Sehar
Silent Waters
Slumdog Millionaire ( In English - Danny Boyle dir. )
The Terrorist
Three Walls
Vaastav
Virasat
Viruddh
The Warrior
Water

i like 3 idiots it's an inspiring movie for engineering students...

One I really liked is one of the first films from India to really deal with mental illness, it's called Anjali:

I'm allready a little perturbed so I try to avoid further punishment but since it's Indian, thanks, I'll check it out.

My favorite is Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)

Thanks for that. I'll check it out although sometimes the singing and dancing interuptions in the serious Indian movies kind of turn me off,
but this one looks just like a comedy so should be worth a look.

It's a musical comedy with a little bit of Victorian melodrama thrown in. I personally like the eclectic mix of elements and styles rubbing shoulders (twins-separated-at-birth stories, fist fights out of a 40s western, grim revenge plot, bizarre upbeat musical numbers...). I don't think I've ever complained about a movie not being able to decide which genre it wanted to be but I understand that is a common deterrent for people.

It's a musical comedy with a little bit of Victorian melodrama thrown in. I personally like the eclectic mix of elements and styles rubbing shoulders (twins-separated-at-birth stories, fist fights out of a 40s western, grim revenge plot, bizarre upbeat musical numbers...). I don't think I've ever complained about a movie not being able to decide which genre it wanted to be but I understand that is a common deterrent for people.
Ha ha, you must be talking about how I feel about dramedies.

I'm allready a little perturbed so I try to avoid further punishment but since it's Indian, thanks, I'll check it out.
Why perturbed? it's an excellent film to come out of India.

Why perturbed? it's an excellent film to come out of India.
Anjali maybe a good movie but don't you think the subject matter is a little disturbing, especially for people that question their own sanity.

It's about a little girl with a brain disorder, what's so disturbing about that... yes it's a sad film but not disturbing.
Sorry, I'm just not into little girls with brain disorders