Horror movie, female killer, on the beach perhaps?

Tools    

Ok, since you guys were so helpful earlier, I am going to try this again. The same friend is looking for a horror movie made in the late 70s or early 80s. I have very few details about it, but I will tell you what he told me. There was a party, everyone was having a great time, then a guy wakes up on the beach after drunkenly passing out. He sees someone he recognizes above him, but this person isn't shown on camera. The guy who woke up says something along the lines of, "what are you doing out here?" or "what are you doing up so early?" Then the person stabs him. The killer is later revealed to be female.

Anyone know this one? I'm good with horror films, and I am completely stumped.

Semper Fooey
I dunno, but that kind of scene is pretty standard.

Semper Fooey
You have never seen a movie or televison episode where the victim says something to an unseen person than is killed?????

And very often it is that dialogue or close to it.

I think I saw that movie when it came out, and I believe it's the first of the Friday the 13th movies. It happened at a camp with a lake(Camp Crystal Lake), so that fits the beach scene.

Check out this actress: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Voorhees

Yeah... I know that is super vague. I know it isn't Friday the 13th... I wish I had more info. Budget-wise, it is on the lines of that movie called Blood Beach. ( I can't post links yet... )

Here is a little added info from my friend, if it helps at all.

the dude on the beach was laying down on his back- he basically kind of just woke up- and then the chick stabbed him right in the middle of the chest, with a very large knife. He acted like he knew who the person was.

Yeah, I thought of that too, thinking maybe he could have been remembering the wrong location, but he said Sleepaway Camp wasn't it.

Club Dread?

I'm guessing, but it sounds a little like April Fools Day (1986) which has a female killer (sort of, if you excuse the twist ending) and takes place on an island. The film isn't overly graphic though, and I can't recall the scene you're refering to.

I think UF is going along the right lines. I'd offer up Happy Birthday To Me. It's not quite as it happens, but there's similarities to a couple of scenes.

I thought April Fool's Day myself, as did my friend who is looking for this movie. But I went through it all, and no luck. I think that movie is a bit too recent. Also, the scene may not be exactly as i described it. My friend has a vague memory of it, so it may not be exactly as I described. I am going to check on Happy Birthday to Me though. I don't think I have seen that. Thanks for your suggestions!

Empress, is your friend sure that this guy was stabbed and not shot? In the movie "Sudden Impact" from 1983 a woman gets her revenge for her sister being raped. She just walks up to this guy on the beach and shoots him. I don't remember her stabbing him as well though.