MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's not something we have to do, but I would be very intrigued if we as a whole could every year vote on 10 actors/actresses or directors who should be included in the MoFo Hall of Fame. It will show what us MoFo'ers as a whole think are some of the greatest "players" in the film industry of all time. I was suggesting that each person would contribute 10 votes and I can tally them up. Would anyone be interested in doing something like this? I think it could be pretty fun.

di cap rio

I think it should represent those actors/actresses that have accomplished the most over that past year.
Halls of Fame are for lifetime achievements.
He's got you there.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

But than why should we wait till the end of the year to do it? The first class would be really big because of the many stars of the 20's, 30's and 40's and 50"s that would automatically make it. Or should we have a limit of how many can make it each year?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Who said to wait until the end of the year?

We tried to have our own Oscars with our own nominations last year. The Usual Suspect tried to set it up, but basically nobody participated. We could always try again.

Who said to wait until the end of the year?

We tried to have our own Oscars with our own nominations last year. The Usual Suspect tried to set it up, but basically nobody participated. We could always try again.
I don't know who said it. maybe it was that little person sitting on my left shoulder.

I think that would be a great idea.

Amen, it was meant as people who have done the most throughout their careers, though it could be past or present.

The end of the year? I was thinking more along the lines of voting for it now. The good chunk of the first inductions will probably come from people of the distant past, but who knows.

How does the overall idea sound?

I can be messaged up to 10 votes from each user. Or we can just settle our lists here.

Should we have a minimum or what each vote should go to? For example, a minimum of two directors, two actors, and two actresses per each user? Or should we just leave it be?

Well someone like Leonardo DiCaprio has done quite a bit throughout his career , but he still has quite a ways to go. Someone like Jimmy Stewart compiled a lot of success in his long career. I would vote more for Stewart than Di Caprio right now because Leo still has a ways to catch up to what Stewart did in his career. Just my two cents.

It doesn't matter what anyone wants to vote. You vote who you deem worthy yourself. If you think DiCaprio is worthy than by all means.

It doesn't matter what anyone wants to vote. You vote who you deem worthy yourself. If you think DiCaprio is worthy than by all means.
We should determine how many votes or what percentages of votes a person needs to make it.

Well what I was thinking is it be as simple as whoever wants to vote, votes. Top 10 with the most votes get in. Any ties could be determined by a revote or simply allowing all the ties in, though that could get tricky in itself.

Hall of Fame

Directors

Eastwood
Scorsese
Peter Weir
George Miller
Sydney Pollock

Actors

DeNiro
Eastwood
Pacino
Diane Keaton
Douglas

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
A lot of people don't give him the credit he's due but Speilberg has to be in the hall of fame surely. 3 Academy Awards and six nominations for best director. He's done so much for the film industry as well, very influential. Although I guess if it's a MoFo Hall of Fame it's really up to us to decide who's in it. Personally I'd add Spielberg and Hitchcock to that list.