Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Sir Toose

Tools    

Did you know that whenever I quote you, and use spell-check, it wants to change your name to Sir Toes?

What's your shoe size?

Are you a "Do it yourself" guy, or are you not a plumber . . . electrician . . . ?

What's the coolest thing you've ever done?

What's your dream job?

What is your favorite color?

Do you have any pets?

How many, what kinds, and what are their names?

What is your favorite TV show?

What is your least favorite TV show?

Name both your favorite season, holiday, and why.

Are you a morning, or evening person?

What do you collect, besides movies?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

What are some of your favorite foods?

Can you cook?

What are some of your favorite restaurants?

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?

What is your favorite music genre?

Can you play any instruments?

Do you have a good singing voice?

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

What's your favorite movie about the devil?

What's your least favorite movie about the devil?

Who is your least favorite actor?

Do you like Tom Cruise?

What is your favorite movie genre?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Name the movie you hate the most.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Theater, or home theater?

Did you know I've been cooking Sausage Gumbo, and beer bread, while coming back here to ask you all these questions?

Do you have any Tums?

Did you know I kept screwing up the title to this thread?

I called it "Hotseat! Grill a Sir Toose:", to start with.

I don't know what to ask after all that

Umm Errr How tall are you?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Toose, why are you the Devil?

HA! I know you're not the Devil but just one of those wannabes like Pazuzu. What do you wannabes talk about with the Big Guy if Satan still lets you in on the council meetings?

What do you loser demons yup'n'comers talk about when that drunken ex-Lucifer's too-unconscious to realize that you're still around?

What is the favorite thing that you believe the Devil ever did?

Did God make the Devil? If so, why? If not, why not?

I have to admit that I have a tough time with the re-editing of movies. This opening has two scenes before the opening credits which were not in the original film, but are now in the DVD. What do you think of this entire sequence? How do you feel about it as a film? How do feel about it as reality? How has it influenced the way you perceive and appreciate movies?

Are you "live"? Or are you "Memorex"?

I am half agony, half hope.
What's your best quality?

If you had the chance to do over a part of your life, would you? Which part?

If money were no object, what kind of car would you drive?

Do you ever find yourself saying things to your children that your parents said to you?

Johann von Goethe

Did you know that whenever I quote you, and use spell-check, it wants to change your name to Sir Toes?
I didn't but that's an interesting little fact. I think the little frankensteins that we create for ourselves often malfunction in unexpected ways.

What's your shoe size?

Are you a "Do it yourself" guy, or are you not a plumber . . . electrician . . . ?
Between ages 22-32, while going to school, I worked as a carpenter. I could build you a house but I couldn't plumb it and I'd need help wiring it. For the first year of on the job carpentry training you'd think your name had changed to 'hey, carry that wood'.

What's the coolest thing you've ever done?
Besides have kids (which is cool) I've lived a few times when I shouldn't have. Makes you see things differently.

What's your dream job?
Paid MoFo.

What is your favorite color?
Orange

Do you have any pets?
Si Senora

How many, what kinds, and what are their names?
One, a little bitty Yorkshire Terrier named Coco. She's 5 pounds soaking wet.

What is your favorite TV show?
Twin Peaks

What is your least favorite TV show?
Most of them.

Name both your favorite season, holiday, and why.
Okay favorite season by far is fall. I love warm days and cold nights, I love the way the sky, at least in my neck of the woods turns orange at dusk and I love the way the trees drop all their baggage in preparation to ride out the winter. Halloween would be my favorite holiday because it's a sort of culmination of all of this and because it has very ancient roots back into things that men have forgotten about.

Are you a morning, or evening person?
By nature, evening. The job and kids and life force me to make the most of mornings but when I have extended time off I tend to be awake through the night and sleep during the morning hours.

What do you collect, besides movies?
Thoughts. I'm very non-sentimental about material objects. I keep anything that anyone makes for me by hand though. That represents something of importance to me, whatever it may be.

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?
Thought collecting. I do research projects.

What are some of your favorite foods?
Burgers, pizza, birthday cake. I also like a lot of Indian/Persian foods.

Can you cook?
Sufficiently. I'm not in the least artistic about it.

What are some of your favorite restaurants?
Definitely no chains. We have some mexican places locally that I like as well as indian, persian, and asian foods. I do like PF Changs though, their Mongolian beef is good.

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?
Oh completely depends on mood. One day I like The Puppini Sisters and the next I like Black Sabbath and the next I like Johnny Cash.

What is your favorite music genre?
Same as above

Can you play any instruments?
Not in any cohesive manner. I like to put together patterns of sound on a keyboard but it's not likely what anyone would call 'music'.

Do you have a good singing voice?
People would pay me not to sing. I promise.

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?
I'd just randomly select one and never watch it. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy.

What's your favorite movie about the devil?
Hmmm probably Angel Heart with Exorcist 3 being a close follower.

What's your least favorite movie about the devil?
Spawn. Yuck.

Who is your least favorite actor?
I don't really have one. It always depends on the role and how well they execute that.

Do you like Tom Cruise?
Tom is cool.

What is your favorite movie genre?
Probably supernatural horror prior to "The Ring". I did like the ring but nearly every horror flick that followed it copied it.

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?
Nope, everything gets a shake.

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?
1). Schwarzenegger because I read his book a long time ago and admire his iron will and tenacity.
2). Nicholson because I suspect I'd learn a lot.
3). Mickey Rourke because I'm a huge fan and would like to pick his brain.
4). Sharon Stone to see if any of it is real.
5). Jennifer Connelly because her "Inside the Actor's Studio" interview was fascinating. She's way more than a pretty face.

Name the movie you hate the most.
The first thing to come to mind was Disturbia. What a piece of crap that was.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.
Nosferatu? I think so...

Name the newest movie you've seen.
Changeling.

What is your favorite theater snack?
Peanut M&M's. Hands down.

Theater, or home theater?
Home theater. Don't even make me rant about the complete lack of manners the sheeple in the theaters have these days.

Did you know I've been cooking Sausage Gumbo, and beer bread, while coming back here to ask you all these questions?
No, but i wish I was invited Sounds good!

Do you have any Tums?
Probably. Is your gumbo hot?

Did you know I kept screwing up the title to this thread?
I didn't but I'm glad you told me.

Toose, why are you the Devil?
Every man is the devil.

HA! I know you're not the Devil but just one of those wannabes like Pazuzu. What do you wannabes talk about with the Big Guy if Satan still lets you in on the council meetings?
The economy.

What do you loser demons yup'n'comers talk about when that drunken ex-Lucifer's too-unconscious to realize that you're still around?
Teacher salaries.

What is the favorite thing that you believe the Devil ever did?
Well, I believe the devil is every man and everyman is responsible for everything so I think I'll pick ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip to be precise.

Did God make the Devil? If so, why? If not, why not?
If there is a God he'd have to also be the devil. All of creation abhors a vacuum.

I have to admit that I have a tough time with the re-editing of movies. This opening has two scenes before the opening credits which were not in the original film, but are now in the DVD. What do you think of this entire sequence?
I'm basically indifferent to it. I don't think it added or subtracted to the film as a whole which is probably why it was discarded.

How do you feel about it as a film?
I like it. It's tense and it plays on a bunch of fears we hold as a society.

How do feel about it as reality?
You mean exorcism or the alleged true case Blatty based it on? I'm not sure about possession at all. I read a lot about religions and there are so many beliefs out there that can't be verified it's difficult to know what could and couldn't be true. I was reading last night, in fact, about the Seraphim and nine levels of angels wrapped around the universe and demons on the moon to stop the soul from ascension. Is every religious belief made of whole cloth? I don't know. I know men act out of fear and feel good when they think they control things. Men don't control anything, we're in free fall grabbing at the handrails. What happened to people who were What's reality anyways?

How has it influenced the way you perceive and appreciate movies?
It's certainly a line in the sand isn't it? It's a measuring stick against which every horror movie will be compared. It did teach me about subtlety. Some of the quiet scenes were the most frightening where the all out scenes bordered on comical.

You wake up a month from now in a strange place with total amnesia, but all your present skills. What do you do with the rest of your life?
Nice.

Probably put together a website that focuses on writing, art etc. Like deviantart but not as good.

Or, I'd chuck it all and become a pool cleaner (which I'm good at).

If you could film your own movie what would it be about? and who would play the lead ?
It would probably be a documentary about crime and criminals and what leads them to do what they do. I'd need someone serious, like Robert Stack (if he weren't dead) or Cliff Robertson to wield the mike.

It'd be a study of society and desperation, I think.

What's your best quality?
I'm open minded about everyone and everything. They say you get smaller when you age. I disagree from my own perspective.

If you had the chance to do over a part of your life, would you? Which part?
I've had a perfect life, each thing the cause of the next. I have a job I like, a family I love, and freedom to do what I wish for the most part. I have no complaints.

If money were no object, what kind of car would you drive?
1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. Black.

Do you ever find yourself saying things to your children that your parents said to you?
Yes, but my kids don't let me slide. They are tenacious and make me explain everything and I learn as much as they do.

I'll never forget the story of the lady who was cutting the ends off of the ham before a family gathering. She asks her mother why she has to cut the ends off of the ham and her mother says she doesn't know... her mother taught her that and she's always done it. So they go find the even older woman and ask her why they cut the ends off of the ham and she tells them it's because the pan she used to have wasn't big enough to hold the ham so she had to cut the ends off to make it fit.

See where I'm going?

You want to post like me?
The movie you're most embarrased about liking?

Did you see 'Prophecy? If so what did you think of Viggo Mortensen as the Devil?

'Intelligent Design Theory' - is it bullsh!t?

The single animated film you most enjoy(ed) watching with your kids?

You're stranded on a desserted island, and the obligatory mystery box floats on to the beach. You cannot leave the island. What would you like best the box to contain?

The movie you're most embarrased about liking?
To qualify, I'm not really embarrassed about likes/dislikes. There's always dissenters, I don't care what they think. Anyway, the movie I like that is probably least liked by everyone else is The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?

Did you see 'Prophecy? If so what did you think of Viggo Mortensen as the Devil?I did. I don't think Viggo is shabby in anything he does. He has a presence. In this case it might be difficult to be the most sinister guy in the room playing opposite Walken but he does it well.

'Intelligent Design Theory' - is it bullsh!t?
Depends on what's behind what we perceive to be intelligence..

The single animated film you most enjoy(ed) watching with your kids?
Toy Story. Again and again.

You're stranded on a desserted island, and the obligatory mystery box floats on to the beach. You cannot leave the island. What would you like best the box to contain?
A lighter, a box of good cigars and a loaded .44 (just in case).

If you kick the sh#t out of any actor with no consequence who would it be and why?

What is your favorite beverage containing alcohol?

What is your favorite beverage not containing alcohol?

When was the last time you changed your underwear?

If you could be granted one wish but you had to sell your soul to God, what would it be?

You want to post like me?
I'm in doubt whether I should post a picture from the rorschach inkblot test. Thought it could be fun... Only problem is that once you've seen the picture it won't be valid to say something about your psychological state, anymore. So if some of you guys go psycho in the future, this test won't be valid and you might be falsely diagnosed and kill a bunch of people 'cause of me xD.
Sadly I couldn't wrap spoilers around the picture.

If you kick the sh#t out of any actor with no consequence who would it be and why?
I don't know... I just can't work up that kind of agression unless I'm directly provoked. I wish actors would not speak about politics on the nights where they are being honored for acting but it's not enough to make me want to throw hands.

What is your favorite beverage containing alcohol?
Gin and tonic probably, but I quit drinking

What is your favorite beverage not containing alcohol?
Diet Dr. Pepper. I'm sure it's a chemical beat down for my body but I love the stuff.

When was the last time you changed your underwear?
This morning.

If you could be granted one wish but you had to sell your soul to God, what would it be?

If I knew there was a god to sell my soul to then it would answer my wish.