Invisible Waves

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!

I just wanted throw a link out for the trailer of Pen-Ek Ratanaruang's next flick, Invisible Waves, which is about a man who accidently kills his girlfriend and flees to Thailand, only to be followed.

Aforementioned Trailer. (NSFW due to some slight nudity.)

If anyone pays attention to my rambling reviews, they may remember that I said Ratanaruang, in just two short films, had quickly climbed to the top of my 'keep an eye on' list. If you haven't seen his other works, most notably 6ixtynin9 or Last Life in the Universe, it should still be obvious why I'm so excited about this man once you see this trailer.

Plus, Christopher Doyle looks like he raised the bar even higher. That man has no peers.

The Thai theatrical trailer has wound up online. I prefer the original trailer, mainly just because the sound/video quality is better, but it still kicks ass.

Oh, and this one is SFW.

looks nice man, it's thai right? ( i'm assuming cuz the name seems thai ), it's really strange, but it sorta looks like japanese and european film school combined, the music and all.....seems right up my alley....too bad i'm never gonna see it.....

so do they distribute absolutely everything where you live?

oh and pyro mate, if i can get dsl ( and i live....is it even a country?) that would make you......

Originally Posted by adidasss
looks nice man, it's thai right? ( i'm assuming cuz the name seems thai ), it's really strange, but it sorta looks like japanese and european film school combined, the music and all.....seems right up my alley....too bad i'm never gonna see it.....

so do they distribute absolutely everything where you live?
Yeah, its Thai. It does have a very multi-cultural feel to it, which I love. Last Life in the Universe had the same vibe to it. I'm hoping Ratanaruang sticks with that format at lets all the actors speak their native dialects again.

As for distribution. You actually probably see better distribution in Croatia of Asian films than I do in the US. We're painfully late on tons of releases in respect to the rest of the world's launch schedule (both theatrical and DVD) - save for the rare film which manages to wrangle the support of a few key critics/festivals. But, I'm a member of an Asian DVD Club, which is how I see 99% of my Asian films.

Though, Invisible Waves doesn't have a release date set, yet. My guess is probably around June or so in Thailand.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Yeah, but money restrictions!
i saw a comercial, t-mobile, 13 pounds per month....no good? sounds reasonable to me....
Originally Posted by OG-
Yeah, its Thai. It does have a very multi-cultural feel to it, which I love. Last Life in the Universe had the same vibe to it. I'm hoping Ratanaruang sticks with that format at lets all the actors speak their native dialects again.

As for distribution. You actually probably see better distribution in Croatia of Asian films than I do in the US.
sadly my man, that if far from the truth.....( still haven't seen 3-iron or 2046 for that matter )

Originally Posted by adidasss
i saw a comercial, t-mobile, 13 pounds per month....no good? sounds reasonable to me....
Where i'm living at the moment, broadband has to be paid for through the University and use their connection. While i'd enjoy the better speed, i think there's firewalls up to stop illegal downloads which is what i'd mainly be paying the extra money for so it ain't really worth it. I'll be getting it soon though, when i move into a house