26th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards (2006)

Tools    

And the nominees are...
  • WORST PICTURE
  • Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
  • Dirty Love
  • Dukes of Hazzard
  • House of Wax
  • Son of the Mask

WORST ACTOR
  • Tom Cruise, War of the Worlds
  • Will Ferrell, Bewitched and Kicking & Screaming
  • Jamie Kennedy, Son of the Mask
  • The Rock, Doom
  • Rob Schneider, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

WORST ACTRESS
  • Jessica Alba, Fantastic Four and Into the Blue
  • Hilary Duff, Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Perfect Man
  • Jennifer Lopez, Monster in Law
  • Jenny McCarthy, Dirty Love
  • Tara Reid, Alone in the Dark

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
  • Hayden Christensen, Star Wars III: No Sith, He's Supposed to Be Darth Vader?!?!
  • Alan Cumming, Son of the Mask
  • Bob Hoskins, Son of the Mask
  • Eugene Levy, Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Man
  • Burt Reynolds, The Dukes of Hazzard and The Longest Yard

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
  • Carmen Electra, Dirty Love
  • Paris Hilton, House of Wax
  • Katie Holmes, Batman Begins
  • Ashlee Simpson, Undiscovered
  • Jessica Simpson, The Dukes of Hazzard

WORST DIRECTOR
  • John Asher, Dirty Love
  • Ewe Boll, Alone in the Dark
  • Jay Chandrasekhar, The Dukes of Hazzard
  • Nora Ephron, Bewitched
  • Lawrence Gutterman, Son of the Mask

WORST SCREENPLAY
  • Bewitched
    Nora Ephron, Delia Ephron & Adam McKay
    Rob Schneider, David Garrett & Jason Ward
  • Dirty Love
    Jenny McCarthy
  • The Dukes of Hazzard
    John O'Brien
  • Son of the Mask
    Lance Khazei

WORST RE-MAKE OR SEQUEL
  • Bewitched
  • Dukes of Hazzard
  • House of Wax
  • Son of the Mask

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
  • Will Ferrell & Nicole Kidman, Bewitched
  • Jamie Kennedy & ANYBODY Stuck Sharing the Screen with Him, Son of the Mask
  • Jenny McCarthy & ANYONE Dumb Enough to Befriend or Date Her, Dirty Love
  • Rob Schneider & His Diapers, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
  • Jessica Simpson & Her "Daisy Dukes", The Dukes of Hazzard

MOST TIRESOME TABLOID TARGETS
  • Tom Cruise & His Anti-Psychiatry Rant
  • Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfrey’s Couch, The Eiffel Tower & "Tom’s Baby"
  • Paris Hilton and…WhoEVER!
  • Mr. & Mrs. Britney, Their Baby & Their Camcorder
  • The Simpsons: Ashlee, Jessica & Nick

Mmmmmmmm. Craptacular.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Happily, of all the films mentioned, I've only seen Baatman Beegins.
But to see the name Alan Cumming on such a list...
And when Tacitus sees Bob Hoskins on there... there's going to be trouble, mark my words.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
But to see the name Alan Cumming on such a list...
And when Tacitus sees Bob Hoskins on there... there's going to be trouble, mark my words.
Uh, Misters Cummings and Hoskins brought it on themselves by appearing in such a runny, bloody pile of *****. They very much deserve to be called out on their paycheck grabbing.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Bob Hoskins was in Son of the Mask? Oh Bob, why? I thought it'd be for Unleashed. He was pretty good in Mrs Henderson Presents last year.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Uh, Misters Cummings and Hoskins brought it on themselves by appearing in such a runny, bloody pile of *****. They very much deserve to be called out on their paycheck grabbing.
hee! I can't argue with that.

In the Beginning...
I don't generally like seeing the "Worst Of" awards, because it feels like we're spitting on somebody's work (I mean, we never pick the "worst" piece of art submitted to a gallery and give it awards, because that's just mean).

But you know, some of these needed to be mentioned.

(I don't think Tom Cruise really should have been on there. People just like to make fun of him because they think he's wacko, and this was just another excuse to do that. His performance in War of the Worlds wasn't as bad as other performances NOT nominated, and I actually liked the way the character was delivered.)

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Sleezy
(I don't think Tom Cruise really should have been on there. People just like to make fun of him because they think he's wacko, and this was just another excuse to do that. His performance in War of the Worlds wasn't as bad as other performances NOT nominated, and I actually liked the way the character was delivered.)
I totally agree. I dont think Mr Cruise has really ever made or starred in a truly bad movie. And WOTW was far far from bad. It was nearer good.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
(I don't think Tom Cruise really should have been on there.
I agree. I may not like Cruise's antics but he usually does a fine job in action/adventure movies. He has an energy and athleticism that's a good fit for roles like Mission Impossible, Minority Report, etc.

And Spielberg is more responsible than Cruise for any shortcomings of War of the Worlds.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

They look like very good choices to me.

They forgot Bewitched on the worst picture list…

Edit: Never mind... I over-looked it on the worst re-make/sequel list...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Yeah that list sounds about right... Except Jessica Alba is too gorgeous to be on the Razzie Awards... I wish should could act better....
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher

Randomly visiting for now
I can understand why most of them are up there. I was a little shocked when somebody mentioned Batman Begins was on there because I really liked it and must have missed it when I read the list. But found it was associated to Katie Holmes, who was to be honest disgustingly plain in this movie. Her looks got her the role but her acting (or lack there of) got her the nom and rightly so, but I do like the list.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sometimes I feel like I've forced Bob into this position, but bills have to be paid.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
And the nominees are...

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR[*]Hayden Christensen, Star Wars III: No Sith, He's Supposed to Be Darth Vader?!?![*]Alan Cumming, Son of the Mask[*]Bob Hoskins, Son of the Mask[*]Eugene Levy, Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Man[*]Burt Reynolds, The Dukes of Hazzard and The Longest Yard
Oh Bobby how low can you go

I'm very suprised to see House of Wax nominated a few times up there, i personally thought it was a very good movie, and i didn't see anything wrong with Paris Hilton's performance. I'm sure she would have been nominated whether she had appeared in House of Wax, Brokeback Mountain or any other movie. I do agree with most of them though, man i hope Uwe Boll get Worst Director.

WORST PICTURE
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Dirty Love
Dukes of Hazzard
House of Wax
Son of the Mask

I wonder why these movies become waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay popular in the place I live rather than the ones nominated for the best (and usually they make fun of the best I.E. BBM)

Originally Posted by Daniel01
I wonder why these movies become waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay popular in the place I live rather than the ones nominated for the best (and usually they make fun of the best I.E. BBM)
I don't wonder at all: sounds like the place you live is full of morons.