Animated Film Tournament

Tools    

Up - Raul vs Rango - Cricket
I still haven't seen either of these.

Perfect Blue - Camo vs Finding Nemo - Raul

Easy choice. Finding Nemo was better than I thought it would be, but it's not something I ever need to see again.

How To Train Your Dragon - Camo vs Porco Rosso - Raul
Another easy choice. While watching Porco Rosso my room mate came home and was excited to see it on, but then was disappointed that I wasn't watching the dub. Both my room mates really like the dub, mostly due to Michael Keaton. However I have no interest in watching the movie again in another language, even if Cary Elwes doing one of the voices piqued my interest a little.

Batman: Year One - CiCi vs Grave of the Fireflies - Cricket
Haven't seen either, but I've been meaning to watch Grave of the Fireflies. If It wins this round (which it looks like it might), then I'll definitely watch it before its next match.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - gbg vs The Illusionist (2010) - JJ
I haven't seen The Illusionist but I might be able to get to it before voting closes.

Whisper Of The Heart - CiCi vs Yellow Submarine - Swan

Haven't seen either. I'm a little burnt out on Miyazaki, so I probably won't get to this match this round.

The Incredibles - gbg vs Waltz with Bashir - Swan
Maybe I should rewatch The Incredibles, because a lot of people seem to love that movie, but I didn't care for it.

Bambi - Camo vs Inside Out (2015) - JJ
I'm not that into Bambi, but I was not a fan of Inside Out. Unfortunately I think my own inner Joy may have gotten trapped in that pit for the entire duration of the film. Well, that is when this song wasn't in my head instead haha.

I think Mark has seen both, if you want to ask him to vote
That's who i was planning on asking if it wasn't already settled. I know this is a Waltz With Bashir will lose post but remember 1.i didn't nominate it and 2.The Incredibles is one of my favourites too

Also if the scores stay as they are Perfect Blue will have a combined score of 18-3 against those two little known, unpopular indie films Beauty And The Beast and Finding Nemo. Jesus, who knew?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
somebody break that tie and put the rest of us out of our misery, please

Closing this an hour early because i'm going offline soon and i want to get this tie broken. I'm going to post it in the shoutbox and chill club, if anyone wants to ask someone to break it like Raul did last time that's cool as long as they've seen both.

Up - Raul 8 vs Rango - Cricket 5
Perfect Blue - Camo 9 vs Finding Nemo - Raul 2
How To Train Your Dragon - Camo 7 vs Porco Rosso - Raul 3
Batman: Year One - CiCi 0 vs Grave of the Fireflies - Cricket 4
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - gbg 3 vs The Illusionist (2010) - JJ 6
Whisper Of The Heart - CiCi 5 vs Yellow Submarine - Swan 0
The Incredibles - gbg 6 vs Waltz with Bashir - Swan 6
Bambi - Camo 6 vs Inside Out (2015) - JJ 3

Round 3

Wall-E - Camo vs Grave of the Fireflies - Cricket
Up - Raul vs Wrinkles - Cricket
Perfect Blue - Camo vs Bambi - Camo
Fantastic Mr. Fox - Raul vs Waltz With Bashir - Swan
How To Train Your Dragon - Camo vs Paprika - Miss Vicky
Princess Mononoke - Cosmic vs The Great Mouse Detective - Camo
The Wind Rises - Cricket vs The Illusionist (2010) - JJ
Whisper Of The Heart - CiCi vs Persepolis - Gatsby

Deadline will be March 6th at 9PM GMT.

Wall-E - Camo vs Grave of the Fireflies - Cricket (easy choice)
Up - Raul vs Wrinkles - Cricket (not seen Wrinkles)
Perfect Blue - Camo vs Bambi - Camo (dammit, at least one is guaranteed to go through. i'm going to hold my vote on this for now.)
Fantastic Mr. Fox - Raul vs Waltz With Bashir - Swan (dammit, both in my top five. Fantastic Mr. Fox is my #2 so that gets my vote, happy that one of these will be in the quarters.)
How To Train Your Dragon - Camo vs Paprika - Miss Vicky (close one)
Princess Mononoke - Cosmic vs The Great Mouse Detective - Camo (dammit haha, have to go against my own as PM is my #1 animated film)
The Wind Rises - Cricket vs The Illusionist (2010) - JJ (not seen Wind Rises)
Whisper Of The Heart - CiCi vs Persepolis - Gatsby (not seen Whisper of the Heart)

Round 3

Wall-E - Camo vs Grave of the Fireflies - Cricket (easy choice)

Up - Raul vs Wrinkles - Cricket

Perfect Blue - Camo vs Bambi - Camo (close)

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Raul vs Waltz With Bashir - Swan (painfully close)

How To Train Your Dragon - Camo vs Paprika - Miss Vicky

Princess Mononoke - Cosmic vs The Great Mouse Detective - Camo (haven't seen Mouse)

The Wind Rises - Cricket vs The Illusionist (2010) - JJ

Whisper Of The Heart - CiCi vs Persepolis - Gatsby (close)