Were you a Disney, Nick, or Cartoon Network kid?

Tools    

I watched The Disney Channel Toon Disney, Nick, and Cartoon Network when I was a kid. I enjoyed a lot of shows on each network. If I had to rank them in order it would look like this.

1.Toon Disney. So many classic cartoons. Disney was different than Nick and Cartoon network. They had their adventure cartoons like Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Talespin, Aladdin, Hercules, and Bonkers. And the flat out comedies like Goof Troop, quack pack, Recces, and Timon and Pumbaa. I also enjoyed shows like the Weekenders, Teacher's pet, and Pepper Ann just to name a few. My favorite was Ducktales. Too bad the this channel has been killed pretty much.

2.Disney Channel. This channel used to be so good. The Disney channel original movies were made with quality. Shows like Lizze McGuire, Even Stevens, So weird, that's so Raven and The Jersey ruled. While there were still animated shows like Kim Possible which was fun and the Proud family. Also as a kid I watched Playhouse Disney. Playhouse Disney used to have quality shows. Jungle Cubs, the little mermaid, Stanley, Rollie Polie Ollie, and the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. My favorites from each side were Even Stevens, Kim Possible and the new adventures of Winnie the Pooh. This channel went the wrong direction with Hannah Montana. But shows like The Wizards of Waverly Place and Phineas and Ferb have kept the channel with some quality.

3.Cartoon Network. So many great shows. My favorite of all time on this network is hands down is the Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy. I loved the anything goes can be funny mentality. Also other shows like Dexter's lab, Johnny Bravo, A Pup named Scooby Doo, Courage the Cowardly dog, Powerpuff girls, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and Foster's home for imaginary friends to name a few. Also showing reruns of classic Looney tunes and Hanna Babara cartoons. The Regular show is the one good thing on this network at the moment.

4.Nick. This used to be a great channel. Live actions shows like All that, Kenan and Kel and the Amanda show worked so well. My favorite was Drake and Josh. But the cartoons are what kept people coming. Shows like Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's modern life, The Angry Beavers, Fairy Odd Parents, and Spongebob Sqaurepants. My favorite animated show is hard to pick from this channel but it is probably Spongebob.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Nick. Because of Drake & Josh and when I was 12 I loved Spectacular Spider-Man. Even though Disney has one of my childhood crushes...Kim Possible.

Cartoon Network:
Dexter's Laboratory
Powerpuff Girls
Jonny Bravo
Tom and Jerry
Adult Swim/Toonami/O, Canada!

Disney:
Watched tons of Disney Channel Original Movies (DCOMs)
Even Stevens

Nick:
Doug
Hey, Arnold!

I watched a LOT of Disney Channel, but most of my favorite shows as a youth were on Cartoon Network.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons...

You kids and your "cartoon channels". Must be nice.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
I was always a Nick kid but I was exposed to a lot of Cartoon Network via my brother.

Disney was always a little too cheesy and happy go lucky for me.
Cartoon Network SCARED me. Courage the Cowardly Dog?!?! That **** gave me night mares. And I vaguely remember a point in time when they were cussing on all these Cartoon Network shows and my mom wouldn't let me watch it.

Nick was the happy medium.

I was always a Nick kid but I was exposed to a lot of Cartoon Network via my brother.

Disney was always a little too cheesy and happy go lucky for me.
Cartoon Network SCARED me. Courage the Cowardly Dog?!?! That **** gave me night mares. And I vaguely remember a point in time when they were cussing on all these Cartoon Network shows and my mom wouldn't let me watch it.

Nick was the happy medium.
Courage the Cowardly Dog is raw as ****.

What were people's favorite Disney Channel Original Movies?
I'm throwin' down Brink, Can of Worms, and Halloweentown.

Three most important shows in my life twenty years ago:

I didn't have cable when I was a kid, but it didn't matter because when I was a kid there was no such thing as Cartoon Network or Disney Channel. Nickelodeon was around, but I was only able to watch it at friends houses...which we never did because we were smart children so we watched HBO and Skinemax.

I was in high school when they launched Cartoon Network.

So, to answer the question, I was a Muppet Babies/Gummi Bears/Duck Tales/Voltron/Transformers Saturday morning Loony Tunes kid!

There are those who call me...Tim.
Until I was 7 I had the BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service), but for the life of me I don't remember the specific channels. Most likely a mix of BBC, ITV, Sky, and some others. Since then it was just regular British terrestrial channels, and then more recently Freeview.

Anyway, I didn't have cable channels with Cartoon Network etc. I did always prefer Disney's cartoon output over the others though.

When I watched these sort of series most in Britain at the time had only 4 or 5 channels. I remember watching the following, I think most were shown on Nickelodeon?

I remember watching the following that were from America:

And my two favourite imports when I was little:

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm too old for this thread, but for the benefit of other old fogies, the equivalent for me would include

HR PuffnStuff, Circle Square, The Electric Company and the Amazing Spiderman, though my favourite was

and while the premise made absolutely no sense whatsoever in retrospect, it was followed in the Saturday mornen lineup by

&feature=related

so really making sense is overated.

I was a Cartoon Network kid

Courage the cowardly dog and the grim adventures of Billy and Mandy