100 Years... 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Three out of four from that list joined in. Unless Toose missed my note? Anyway, I suppose this will be it . . .

...r3port3r66...

Can I get you all to go ahead and PM your lists to me?
I'm working on it...

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

This is turning out to be a little harder than I thought. But whatever.
It is a struggle! After 50 it's pretty much the films you love...as opposed to those you would consider, generally, as great horror cinema.

But hell, it's going to be nice to see some of the lesser known/under-appreciated stuff get a bit of status for once!

How soon do you want our lists? I am still working on mine.
Don't rush to make it, but don't close the notepad for a week, either.

A Top 20 TV Horror list would be quite fun (as a separate thing though), and pretty unique.
Actually, a top 100 TV shows of all time would be neat, but I'll let someone else jump in on that.

This is turning out to be a little harder than I thought. But whatever.
Coming up with 100 movies? Just come as close as you can.

I'm working on it...
Thanks!

Mark, you're going to make one too, right? I know that you and Holden worked on one together, but it will add to the votes, and your list is probably a tad bit different than his.

I know I've had a couple of people (One, anyway!) agree with me on movies like Psycho not belonging, but **** it. Add whatever you want. I'll do the numbers as soon as I get all of your lists . . . Unless you take forever to PM them to me. Then I'll add them up without your's. Why? Because I'm evil.

Later on, you'll be able to add the movie Medical Massacre to your list. It's about a bunch of stupid doctors that are brutally killed. Why? Because I said so.

Ðèstîñy ~ Done!
Holden Pike ~ Done, I reckon!
mark f
Used Future
igor_is_fugly
Yoda
r3port3r66
Powdered Water
TheUsualSuspect
Lennon
Iroquois
Sexy Celebrity
Pyro Tramp
42ndStreetFreak ~ Done!
beelzebubbles

Ðèstîñy ~ Done!
Holden Pike ~ Done, I reckon!
mark f
Used Future
igor_is_fugly
Yoda
r3port3r66
Powdered Water
TheUsualSuspect
Lennon
Iroquois
Sexy Celebrity
Pyro Tramp
42ndStreetFreak ~ Done!
beelzebubbles ~ Done!

Remember, it doesn't have to be 100 movies. Just as many as you can think of.

I'll try to get mine to you before Sunday. Oh god, now I'm under pressure! This is why I quit school. Oh wait, no it wasn't. Nevermind!

I'll try to get mine to you before Sunday. Oh god, now I'm under pressure! This is why I quit school. Oh wait, no it wasn't. Nevermind!
They are not due by then, so don't rush. Just don't put them on the back burner, and forgot about them for a month or so, either. I'm not trying to rush anyone, honestly. I was starting this at a slow pace. I had it all in my head how I wanted to do this, and I posted what was first, second, and so on. Then movie titles started getting posted. This is running about as smooth as my theme week thread.

Anyway, because of the rush that was put on it, some of what I've said has gotten mixed up in my head/what I've posted, and some things are getting missed by you all. Here is what I want/posted on page 2 . . .

Everyone will send me a list of 100 horror films, or less if you have any trouble. I will make a list from that. I will put them in order from most mentioned, to least mentioned. Every last film that is mentioned will be on the list that I post, just in case someone forgets about some of them. We will then discuss that list, possibly view some of the films that people think need to be viewed before we do our new lists, and then everyone will send me an updated list that I will again total up from most to least mentioned. I will post that list, and I reckon we will see how everyone feels about that top 100.

My life isn't written very well.
Thanks Destiny. You're doing so much work, and this is a list close to my heart. Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Ðèstîñy ~ Done!
42ndStreetFreak ~ Done!
beelzebubbles ~ Done!
Holden Pike ~ Done!
mark f ~ Done!
Used Future
igor_is_fugly
Yoda
r3port3r66
Powdered Water
TheUsualSuspect
Lennon
Iroquois
Sexy Celebrity
Pyro Tramp

Five list done, but ten to go.

Didn't quite make #100 but left out some obvious choices that knew others would pick up. Was surprised at my list

Didn't quite make #100 but left out some obvious choices that knew others would pick up. Was surprised at my list
That will throw the numbers off, though. I'm wanting every movie you truly believe should be on a top 100. Then I list them from most mentioned, to least mentioned. Then I post that. Everyone updates their list, I redo the totals, and we go from there. I'll post them all again, from least mentioned, to most mentioned, but we will focus on that top 100. Argue, watch, discuss, hate each other . . .

Ðèstîñy ~ Done!
42ndStreetFreak ~ Done!
beelzebubbles ~ Done!
Holden Pike ~ Done!
mark f ~ Done!
Pyro Tramp ~ Done!
r3port3r66 ~ Pert near done!

Used Future
igor_is_fugly
Yoda
Powdered Water
TheUsualSuspect
Lennon
Iroquois
Sexy Celebrity

I'd like to get these totaled up sometime this week.

Ðèstîñy ~ Done!
42ndStreetFreak ~ Done!
beelzebubbles ~ Done!
Holden Pike ~ Done!
mark f ~ Done!
Pyro Tramp ~ Done!
r3port3r66 ~ Pert near done!
honeykid ~ Halfway done!

Still need lists from . . .

Used Future
igor_is_fugly
Yoda
Powdered Water
TheUsualSuspect
Lennon
Iroquois
Sexy Celebrity

OK! Thanks, honeykid!

What I posted is pretty much it really.
I still need a finished list from you. As I said above your post, "please PM them". Also, below that post, you added . . . "I haven't seen many horror movies that predate 1960 besides obvious stuff like Nosferatu, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein ..."

I still need a finished list, so that when I add them up from most mentioned to least mentioned, it's complete/fair. I can't just assume that you've seen them all, or what you've seen, and add them up that way. You also said "I don't think it would be right for me to say what's best from that period because I've not seen enough." This is a complete list of the best horror movies ever. None of us have seen every single movie, so we make a list from what we have seen, and go from there. I most definitely need the best of the classics from you, as well. From every last horror film that you've seen, what all do you believe should make the list?

Again, PM this to me when you're done.

Sexy Celebrity, you were the reason I posted the "PM them to me" post. You listed a bunch of movies that you like. You still need to work up a "complete" list, and PM it to me.

I'm late to the party (as usual) but I can work up a list and send it in the next few days if it will help...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm late to the party (as usual) but I can work up a list and send it in the next few days if it will help...
Fabulous! I'd love to see all your favorites, anyway.