Have you ever applauded at the end of a movie?

Tools    

The first I could remember was "Jaws" I was 13 and was scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I remember clapping at the end of Star wars in 1979

There are those who call me...Tim.
..anyone else feel miffed that they didn't get to see Star Wars or Jurassic Park at the cinema (OK, so I wasn't actually alive when Star Wars first came out, but it's still a depressing thought)?

We were actually talking about Jurassic Park yesterday in school, and it turns out nearly everyone else saw it and remembered the applaue it got during that final shot of the T-Rex.

Mother, I'll never forgive you.

Iv never been to to a movie that everyone clapped at any time during the film , I think up here in scotland especially it doesnt happen, people just want to come into watch the film and then go home, i myself like to talk about the film before the film, say a few words about it during the movie then applaud and talk about it after the movie , but sadly no one else i know does and i usually get told to "SHUT THE F**K UP" so i talk to myself and thats why people call me "nutjob" lol

Applause is for live events.

www.letsmakeamovie.co.uk
Never applauded in a normal movie - but when I go to premiers I think it is the done thing especially if you think the movie was good.

You have yet to see my masterpiece
I have applauded at the end of two movies however i caon't rember what ones they were

Originally Posted by John_Doe
I have applauded at the end of two movies however i caon't rember what ones they were
What a great story. That's definitely a keeper. Print out this thread and put that post someplace special, you'll want to share it with your grandkids one day.

Thanks for sharing!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

there are two movie's i have claped at the end of one was v for vendetta when i saw it opening day and the second was gladiator when i saw it alone in my room for the first time

I once thought I'd got the clap at the movies, hmmm, that's a story that my non existent grandkids will never hear turned out to be heat rash (phew) twas a hot night

I have never clapped at the end of a movie, but I remember two movies where almost the entire audience stood up and started clapping. Tarzan from Disney was one, and last there was King Kong that Peter Jackson did.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No, unless the filmmakers/actors were in the audience. I've also never booed a movie at the theatre.

It was not the end, but I do recall The Mist, anyone who has seen the film knows the part I am talking about. I did not clap, but I did yell out something along the lines of HELL YEAH!! and I did proceed to pump my fist into the air. I was embarrased afterwords though. I am glad it was dark.

It was not the end, but I do recall The Mist, anyone who has seen the film knows the part I am talking about. I did not clap, but I did yell out something along the lines of HELL YEAH!! and I did proceed to pump my fist into the air. I was embarrased afterwords though. I am glad it was dark.
Lol

Registered Creature
In the cinemas everybody clapped for the LOTR trilogy, and Spider-man 3.

It seems to me that clapping at the end of a movie is mostly an American phenomena. Many others just enjoy a feelgood feeling at the end of a rousing movie.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I have been in the theatre many times when there is a spattering of applause after a film. I applaud many times, especially after all the LOTR films.

But there was one time where I experienced something that I think very few have experienced and it hasn't happened since. It was in 1973. My friend and I were looking for a movie to watch and we opened the newspaper (no internet, lol) and saw an ad for a film starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Since we both loved them in Butch Cassidy, we thought, "hey, let's go." We knew nothing about the film (contrary to what it is like today.)

When the film finished, the ENTIRE audience STOOD UP and applauded loudly and even a few "bravos" were heard. It was like being in live theatre and the other time I experienced the same thing was when I saw the Bolshoi Ballet! I will never forget it.

Unless I get to a premiere one day, I doubt that will ever happen again....

Oh, the film was, of course, The Sting.

fbi
i have the urge to applaud at all movies i enjoyed but refrain from doing so if others arent doing it. I love atmosphere and show appreciation.

I remember going to see Paul Verhoeven's Showgirls with some friends and sitting on the front row (not my idea). During a pool scene one of the characters (I think it was MacLachlan) turned on a tacky neon palm tree display causing one our group to shout 'Noooooo!!!' Then Elizabeth Berkley removed her top and he shouted 'Yesss!!!'

The whole audience roared with laughter, it was priceless.

The whole cinema applauded after The Bourne Ultimatum, and that cinema is usually dead..