American Psycho: The Musical

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Get ready for the biggest feel-good Broadway musical since Sweeney Todd: it's the forthcoming stage version of American Psycho. Yes, according to Variety, someone really is making a musical out of Bret Easton Ellis' notorious novel about an '80s Wall Street yuppie/serial killer. Ellis' Patrick Bateman will soon be showing theatergoers his custom-crafted business cards and slashing his way into their hearts, perhaps to the show-stopping strains of Huey Lewis' "Hip to Be Square." (The rights holders haven't yet hired a librettist or a composer, but Lewis and Phil Collins probably aren't too busy right now.) No word on whether the orchestra seats will be under plastic sheeting to protect theatergoers from the spatters, like at a Gallagher show.

What was it about Ellis' 1991 novel, and the 2000 movie adapted from it, that suddenly sang, "Broadway musical!" to the producers? As one of them told Variety, "Now in particular it seems relevant, especially given what's happening on Wall Street." That's true, even if the current financial bloodbath is just a metaphorical one (so far). Still, if the fiscal meltdown continues, who'll be able to afford to pay upwards of $100 a ticket to see a gruesome satire of the excesses of consumer capitalism?
Variety Article

I would pay so much flippin money to see this, it's not even funny. The Variety article I linked to mentions the idea of modernizing the story a little and I feel like I could definitely get into that. Instead of 80's yuppies and cocaine, we get dot-com douchebags and ecstacy. Why not? Of course, it would be blasphemous if they ever cut out Huey Lewis.

"Mistletoe Alert!"

My God. This would be absolutely brilliant!

I am half agony, half hope.
Seriously?

Not. Even. Interested.

Johann von Goethe

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Probably will go the way of the Batman musical, never being seen on stage. The film was awesome, I'd hate to see it in an all singing all dancing all murdering version.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Not interested at all love the film but hate musicals!

fbi
Not interested at all love the film but hate musicals!
hate musicals too. They are overrated.

Regarding this american psycho musical, man that would be interesting lol.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Can people please explain why they hate musicals? I mean, musicals have been with us on stage for hundreds of years, especially if you count opera. As soon as films learned to talk, musicals became one of the most popular forms of entertainment. I believe I've asked before why it's somehow more realistic on film if an alien shows up or somebody becomes a mass murderer or a torturer or defies gravity through spiritual study of kung fu, but people singing and dancing is somehow corny, fake or "gay". i will guarantee you that most movies have always accented sex, and most of them female sex. The Busby Berkeley musicals, pre-Hays Code are some of the sexiest films ever made.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have never been able to enjoy people dancing around singing about "a spoon full of suger!" even when I was younger my Gran would put them on and I would rather be sat watching Robocop or Friday 13th!