MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Chris Sale is a huge baby.

That's pretty much the only thing that could've happened to make Chapman more valuable as a closer. So as a Chapman owner: cool.

As a Pirates fan: sh*t.

Well, the Pirate-oriented silver lining here is that he didn't come cheaply. The Yankees didn't get Schwarber, like they originally wanted, but the got Gleyber Torres, Adam Warren (back), Billy McKinney, and some other guy. John Sickels, my favorite prospect writer, has Torres as a B+ guy and McKinney as a B; they were the Cubs' 1st and 3rd ranked prospects.

Yeah, on net it could easily be good news for the Bucs, with the thinking being they weren't going to catch the Cubs this year anyway, and this makes them less competitive several years from now, when the odds are decent both these teams will still be contending (the Pirates, perhaps peaking then, with several younger players likely hitting their primes ~2019).

This is mostly good news for me: Chapman leaving should make Miller the closer (and promote Betances to the 8th), but it also means that Strop's up and down season as the primary holds guy in Chicago is over.

Oh yeah, right, I have Rondon too. Yeah, my bullpen is slightly worse off now.

David Price pitching for Boston, now BJ Uptons playing for Toronto. Next up is James Shields with the Yankees.

Oh and if anyones wondering how important Madden was to the Rays, look at our record. This is worse then when Dungy left the Bucs cause Gruden kept them afloat until he got his papers. Now the Rays and Buccaneers are shades of their former selves. If the Rays were to move I wouldnt mind as much because theyd finally have money coming in to compete, and theyd have a much greater chance to be a winner. People just dont show up to the games down here, and the Bucs screwed themselves by not having a Dome with air conditioning. Ok sorry Im done.

Somebody please explain this to me.....the Blue Jays have BJ Upton batting 4th cleanup, and Jose Bautistas in the leadoff spot 1st.

1 for 17. Man what is going on.
Get this, last 78 at bats Ive hit 13 balls, that a 0.166 avg I dumped Gallo cause hes no solution to my avg & obp woes.

Somebody please explain this to me.....the Blue Jays have BJ Upton batting 4th cleanup, and Jose Bautistas in the leadoff spot 1st.

OBP is the big factor there

To me, Upton is the ideal 5-hole hitter. Power to drive in the middle guys, but also capable of stealing ahead of the lower-power guys at the bottom of the order.

So after much overhauling this past week, more overhauling than usual even by my standards, I present to everyone the bulk of my team moving forward -

C_ Wilson Ramos
1B Joey Votto
2B Martin Prado
3B Justin Turner
SS Aledmys Diaz
OF Christian Yelich
OF Hunter Pence (back saturday!)
OF Hanley Ramirez
UT Billy Hamilton
UT Javier Baez
Hopefully one day Michael Brantley will return - DL.
Have 2 empty bench slots for Off days.

SP Matt Moore
SP Danny Duffy
RP Sam Dyson
RP Will Harris
P_ Tony Cingrani
P_ Ryan Dull
P_ Joe Blanton
SP Brandon McCarthy
SP Dan Straily
SP Zach Davies
SP Tyler Skaggs is a question mark.

I probably had my best hitting day of the year yesterday (hopefully not, though): 16/36, 12 R, 6 HR, 18 RBI, 1 SB, .444 avg, .488 OBP

I was in the process of dropping Heyward when he homered, earning him some more leeway. Here's to hoping.

I'm not going to lie Tongo, on paper you have a pitiful team in my opinion.

But you are ahead of me.
Thanks.

The Indians–on the verge of becoming the AL's distinctly-best team–are still looking for a catcher because Lucroy exercised his no-trade clause for some reason.