Suggestions for Next Year's Oscar Chat

Tools    

Okay, the title speaks for itself: to those who participated last night, what would you suggest we add, change, or drop for next year?

The software itself ran pretty smoothly, but the member list overlaying on top of the music player is something that might be worth looking at. It was collapsible, of course, but perhaps a shorter music player next year?

Also, colors: good or bad? They got a little bright at times, and make the room seem all the more chaotic, but they did make it easier to single out individual users. I found the goods to outweigh the bads; anyone feel otherwise?

And, of course, we'll take requests for next year's MoFo Jukebox. Holden mentioned the score from Laura and MattJohn requested Blade Runner and the Han/Leia theme from Star Wars. Any other famous themes you guys would like to hear next year?

Let's hear it! Are there are any things we should change, or any things you loved and we should absolutely not change?

Well, I thought the chat room was pretty fantastic, I'm just sorry that my puter is so slow that at times it just couldn't keep up and kept trying to boot me off.

The overlapping thing didn't bother me a bit, but I also didn't really get into the jukebox. I preferred seeing who was there so at times I could personalize my responses. I loved the colors, please do not drop those. If anything add more. I thought that was the best part. I am a big fan chaos theory so more is better and more more is better better . All the smilies were great as well.

Hopefully next year I'll have a laptop so I can watch them and be chatting in real time instead of my experience this year which entailed me seeing something and then thinking up something witty, then running into the puter room and trying to type it in before I forgot it. Mine is an interesting little world.

See, this is me. The room went fine. Well, add the Chinatown theme. It's my end, like his, that needs perfecting. The main thing I will do next year, is wait for Holden's thread, and buy as many of the nominated movies that are available. Then I will have more opinions to share. Not that anyone wants to hear them.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
the Batman theme song!

How about the Valkyrie song from Apocolypse Now?
I enjoyed the different colored fonts.
I can't think of any negative things...

You're a Genius all the time
Yeah, the chat was excellent. I had to keep popping in and out because of some unfortunate real world obligations, but from what I saw you shouldn't change a thing. The colors were fantastic and didn't clash much in my eyes. I do think it's a little strange Yoda didn't stick with a green font, though. And as for next years jukebox, how about an acoustical version of "Happy Working Song"? Or "That's How You Know"!

"That's how you know what?! That's how you know what?!!?"

So as far as you know there shouldn't be an issue with the chat room after your big upgrade right Master Yoda?

Oh and I thought of one addition as well; I would like to tax anyone who is standing in water while watching the Oscars...

During the Oscars, we all chat.

We meet in a chatroom on Movie Forums and we talk, talk, talk.

When the show ends, we go to bed.

You ready? You look ready.
Actually, Yoda, I requested the theme songs for Starship Troopers and Blade Runner. The latter being the most important, of course.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I think last year there was like an announcement while I posted.

So as far as you know there shouldn't be an issue with the chat room after your big upgrade right Master Yoda?
We'll see! Even if it does pose a problem, I doubt it will be one without a solution, and I'll have a month and a half to fix it, so we should be okay. But this did cross my mind. I'm reasonably confident that no fix will be needed, anyway, but we'll see.

Actually, Yoda, I requested the theme songs for Starship Troopers and Blade Runner. The latter being the most important, of course.
Hmm, something doesn't sit right with me about having the themes from Starship Troopers and Lawrence of Arabia next to each other. But I did promise you Blade Runner, so you shall have it.

Well since I haven't been here long enough to see the chat for myself, can somebody explain to me where the chat will be located?
There'll just be a URL; I'll post it the day of the chat. It'll be very conspicuous and hard to miss.

But, yeah, nothing too fancy; any registered member will be able to pop in and, from there, it'll be pretty self-explanatory. It was a lot of fun last year and I think we'll have an even better turnout this year.