New Forum Features

Tools    

Any chance that new features will allow users to julianne fries, get rid of embarrassing age spots, organize kitchen clutter, improve cardiovascular and respiratory health, file your taxes, mow the lawn, whiten your teeth while you sleep, thicken thinning hair, taste as good as delivery, reach things on the top shelf, add ten to twenty miles per gallon, clean your floor in seconds without scrubbing and relieve the the heartbreak of psoriasis? Does it make a great gift? If I act now can I get a second MoFo at no extra charge? Are operators standing by? Are those operators hot, sexy, lonely girls with loose morals and a willingness to talk dirty until I...finish?

Well, then, I guess there are still many more improvements to be made, aren't there?
Sounds like the same thing Tom Waits is selling in, "Step Right Up."

Who hasn't wanted to turn into a 12 year old hindu boy? Wait... what?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

You should be able to simply reload the same page, and the last saved version should be inside the message box already.
How do you reload the same page though? Clicking on the back button just clears it all out.

How do you reload the same page though? Clicking on the back button just clears it all out.
Try hitting refresh; that will automatically restore whatever was last saved on that page.

Try hitting refresh; that will automatically restore whatever was last saved on that page.
Ok thanks. I'll try to remember that the next time I hit the post button and it goes to that white booger page. I'm trying to get into the habbit of doing a quick copy first but I still at times forget that as well and then I'm like "Damn, please don't screw up...please don't screw up." heheh

I didn't see a general question thread, so here should do.
You know how you can either see this . . .

[i]Italic[ /i], or Italic, when you are making your post. When I make mine, I highlight the words, and click on the I, B, etc . . . and it just changes. I don't get to see the codes. Is there a setting I can change in my profile, to where I can actually see these? My last post is all messed up, and I am assuming it is because the codes are messed up, and I just can't see them to fix it.

This wouldn't be happening, but for the past week, my Top 3 thread has been remembering my last post. When I click reply, I have to edit it out, and then make my new post. That is, at times, messing the whole post up.

I didn't see a general question thread, so here should do.
For future reference, you can just a start a new thread in this forum.

You know how you can either see this . . .

[i]Italic[ /i], or Italic, when you are making your post. When I make mine, I highlight the words, and click on the I, B, etc . . . and it just changes. I don't get to see the codes. Is there a setting I can change in my profile, to where I can actually see these? My last post is all messed up, and I am assuming it is because the codes are messed up, and I just can't see them to fix it.
Absolutely; just click on the "Switch Editor Mode" button in the top right-hand corner of the Post Reply page (just to the right of the "ABC" symbole and the up/down arrows.

If you want it to show the code every time, you can change the "Message Editor Interface" setting at the bottom of the Edit Options page. You'll want the "Standard Editor" option.

This wouldn't be happening, but for the past week, my Top 3 thread has been remembering my last post. When I click reply, I have to edit it out, and then make my new post. That is, at times, messing the whole post up.
Yeah, that's a bit of a bug in the Autosave hack, I believe. I'll keep an eye out for a patch. In the meantime, is the "Delete saved post draft after clicking Submit Reply" button checked when you submit your replies?

OK, that worked. It was what I thought. When I would hit reply, it opened the box up as if it were my last post, and when I was deleting it, to type my new post, I was leaving some of the unseen codes behind. Then I tried to fix it, redoing the codes, and was only making it worse. Oops!

Yeah, that's a bit of a bug in the Autosave hack, I believe. I'll keep an eye out for a patch. In the meantime, is the "Delete saved post draft after clicking Submit Reply" button checked when you submit your replies?
No, I am not checking that box. I don't think that is it, because the old post is there, the second I hit reply. It beats me.

Anyways, that works good now. Thanks!

Glad that helped!

No, I am not checking that box. I don't think that is it, because the old post is there, the second I hit reply. It beats me.
If I'm understanding you correctly, then that's exactly what it's supposed to do: automatically populate the field for you based on your last autosaved post in that thread. It checks for all this when it initially loads the page, so that would explain why it's there instantly.

So, anyway, what I'm getting at is that, if it happens again, checking the box should do the trick.

So, anyway, what I'm getting at is that, if it happens again, checking the box should do the trick.
Thanks Yoda. I was wondering why that was happening. Was annoying the hell outta me.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then that's exactly what it's supposed to do: automatically populate the field for you based on your last autosaved post in that thread. It checks for all this when it initially loads the page, so that would explain why it's there instantly.

I will try that in my Top 3, but I haven't been clicking it for any threads, and that is the only thread doing that to me.

I didn't click the box here, either, but my old post isn't here.

The autosave feature only goes off after a few minutes, and it's on a per-thread basis. A post autosaved while replying to one thread will only show up again for that same thread, which would explain why you don't get it anywhere else. It's probably the only thread where you were composing a reply long enough to have it saved.

There's a thread about how the feature works here:

Automatic Post Saving

OK, I get it . . . finally! That would explain why my Jacqueline Bisset post, "Minus the nipples!", still showed up when I did all of those other posts/actors. I kept forgetting to delete that title. It didn't work so well with Strother Martin's list. Not that I know anything about the man's nipples.
Yeah, I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

Not that I know anything about the man's nipples.

Entered into blackmail archives.....

Hey Yoda. When you have certain posters on your ignore list is there anyway you can ever make it so that name never has to show up anywhere in your face on the forum or is that unfortunate impossibility?

Hey Yoda. When you have certain posters on your ignore list is there anyway you can ever make it so that name never has to show up anywhere in your face on the forum or is that unfortunate impossibility?
As i remember, when I had someone on my ignore list, their name was there but I couldn't read the post, hey i might be wrong as it is a long time ago

It's certainly possible, but it seems rather extreme, and comes with numerous logistical difficulties. For example, do their posts not appear altogether? If so, what about people who quote their posts in their replies? Does it completely ignore new PMs from them? Et cetera.

It's certainly possible, but it seems rather extreme, and comes with numerous logistical difficulties. For example, do their posts not appear altogether? If so, what about people who quote their posts in their replies? Does it completely ignore new PMs from them? Et cetera.
PMs already don't make it through. The names still show up if it was their last post made in that particular thread but you can't read their words of that particular post just like nebbit said up there.
And yeah, if someone quotes you, that will continue to show who they quoted.

Don't worry about it though and thanks for the ear.

So, about this autosave draft thing, how do I turn it off? I have the "delete" option on when I post but every time I want to post again, it's there and I have to delete it...which is a drag. What am I doing wrong?

So, about this autosave draft thing, how do I turn it off? I have the "delete" option on when I post but every time I want to post again, it's there and I have to delete it...which is a drag. What am I doing wrong?
You may be doing what I do. There is a glitch, where if you preview your post, before sending it, it takes the check mark out of the delete box, and you can't put it back in. So every time you post in that same thread, every post you have made in it, is all bunched up in your new post. You should see how long my game posts get.
I wanted mine turned off as well, but he said he can't. I honestly forget why. To complicated, or something.