Evil Dead 4

Tools    

As for one of the people that strongly voiced his opinion against a sequel, I cannot deny it but say...It's true. Don't get the wrong idea about the tone of what I just wrote. It's still very shocking to me that they're making another Evil Dead. I never would have thought Raimi and Campbell would ever make another one and right now, the shock I have is more of a bad one. And then you ask me, "Don't you want to see another Evil Dead with Bruce Campbell?" and naturally, I answer, "Ofcourse I do" but something inside me tell me it's too late for a sequel. Bruce is just way too old for it to convincingly make sense but you know what, I have a feeling that all of this will go away as more and more news comes in about it because I also can't get it out of my Head that Bruce is returning to the Evil DEAD as ASH!! so I'm going to end this post on a happy post which is without-a-doubt appropriate.

Hail to the King Baby

I'm so so so sorry to do this to you guys. I hesitate but...click here

Wait scratch that. I think there might be something to this because It's been reported on several different sites. He probably just hasn't updated it yet. So screw my link above me. EVIL DEAD 4 is ON!

Just thought I'd post the article here some everyone can share our happiness.

Sam Raimi and Tapert, when asked if they were considering Sean Scott Williams for the part of Ash, looked at each other for a minute and then, together said, "Who is that?" Sam then said, "I don't think I've ever heard of him".

In regards to 'Evil Dead 4 Raimi says, "There will be an Evil Dead 4, and there will ALSO be an Evil Dead Remake. The remake will be produced by Ghost House pictures, (his company with Tapert) and it will star a new cast and a completely new director. The point of Ghost House is that we want to bring new directors (like Takashi Shimizu of "the Grudge" to Hollywood and give them a chnace to make a good horror film."

On WHAT inspired him to allow the remake, Raimi said, "I love the original Dawn of the Dead, and I also really enjoyed the new Dawn of the Dead. I mean, they are both really great horror films. I want to let somebody with a fresh vision bring The Evil Dead to a new generation and a new audience with a different vision..."

Contrary to what Raimi told Mr. D, the remake will be Evil Dead 1 and 2 together, but remade with a higher budget and a new cast and crew.

However, Raimi will be directing and producing Evil Dead 4, which will star Bruce Campbell as ASH and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies. Raimi says that "This is the project I really want to make. The remake can belong to someone else, but part 4 will be a continuation of the original".

Ted and Sam Raimi have begun writing Part 4, and will be developing it for production later this year. Bruce Campbell and Tapert will both be involved...

So concluding this effortless post of mine, HELL YEAH BRUCE CAMPBELL RULES!! WHOOOOOO!

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I heard Bruce Campbell request that there won't be a character named "Ash" in the Evil Dead remake. I have to say, I agree. I would be ticked to see anyone else try to be Ash, so it'd be better to just have a whole new group of victims at the cabin.

Personally, I disagree. That's nonsense to not have the character of Ash which is the only reason why they shouldn't use that name. But if they're going to which I think they will, they should use the original name of Ash. I don't really care that someone else is playing the character of Ash in the remake. Bruce is doing the fourth one anyway so whoop-dee-doo.

i think that Bruce is the only one properly suited to play ash, which is the only reason i am hesitant about seeing a remake, but pt 4, i'm behind 100%

Last night Sci-Fi channel aired a made for TV movie starring Bruce Campbell. It was kind of cool...it had Cambpell fighting an army of insect aliens instead of zombies, and it lacked the charm of the evil dead movies (it sucked). But it was still cool to see Bruce back in action. I think if he is working on TV movies for Sci-Fi right now, there is no way he would pass up on the chance for real work (Evil Dead 4).

Originally Posted by tommygun
Last night Sci-Fi channel aired a made for TV movie starring Bruce Campbell. It was kind of cool...it had Cambpell fighting an army of insect aliens instead of zombies, and it lacked the charm of the evil dead movies (it sucked). But it was still cool to see Bruce back in action. I think if he is working on TV movies for Sci-Fi right now, there is no way he would pass up on the chance for real work (Evil Dead 4).
That looks like an argument against speculation. Are we all 100% certain on the authenticity of this report that Sam is doing another Evil Dead? It seemed legit at the time but there hasn't been much buzz about it at all which I would expect even if there is nothing to learn or report.

i suppose the only real option is to wait and see

I take that back. I did some research and it's definitely in the works. It's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for...anything at all really. There's not a single person signed on to the project because the projects number hasn't been called yet. That's all. My guess is at least a year after Spidey 3 comes out.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
they should use the original name of Ash. I don't really care that someone else is playing the character of Ash
Bruce has specifically asked for there to be no character with the name of 'Ash' in the remake.

I've never seen a single Evil Dead movie. Please don't hurt me.

Why bother posting, when it makes you look a fool?

...solution: delete that post, go see Evil Dead> re-post singing its praises

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Why bother posting, when it makes you look a fool?

...solution: delete that post, go see Evil Dead> re-post singing its praises
good advice, in case you don't know, the third installment is called Army of Darkness

And on top of that, since you're probably going to rent just one of them, rent the second one. And don't worry about feeling like you're missing important information not seeing the first one because the second one (being seen by a larger audience in its release) takes that into account and glances over the first as does the third one. I'm sure you'll love it. Nobody doesn't and if they don't, I'd probably be disgusted at learning what movies they cherish. Ex. Anyone ever see Maniac Cop or Bodyparts? How terrible are those two movies? They're not even B-movies, they're absolutely absurd to the point it makes you try to guess the root of the stupidity involved.