Ecw Dvd

Tools    

Anyone seen the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD? Since it's 2 DVD's worth I'm betting it's well worth buying. Does anyone else want a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD?

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by Norman_Bates
Anyone seen the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD? Since it's 2 DVD's worth I'm betting it's well worth buying. Does anyone else want a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD?
I have 0 interest in pro wrestling

As for PRIDE and the UFC well that's a different matter
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Messenger from Hades' Gate
The Rise and Fall of ECW is AWESOME!!

It gives an in depth analysis of how ECW got as big as it did, as well as explainingh how it collapsed. There are in depth looks at Sabu, Taz, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Douglas, RVD, and the Dudley Boyz. There are lots of interviews with those same guys (minus Sabu and Raven) and the company. Lots of Paul Heyman talking about what went into turning NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling into Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Best of all, the second disc has several classic ECW matches, such as RVD/Jerry Lynn, Dreamer/Raven, Sabu/Taz.

I also recommend the Rob Van Dam: One of a Kind DVD to go with this set, as RVD was so pivotal to ECW's success near the end of its run and kinda goes into some of the details that get skipped in the Rise and Fall DVD.

Originally Posted by suppression
The Rise and Fall of ECW is AWESOME!!

It gives an in depth analysis of how ECW got as big as it did, as well as explainingh how it collapsed. There are in depth looks at Sabu, Taz, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Douglas, RVD, and the Dudley Boyz. There are lots of interviews with those same guys (minus Sabu and Raven) and the company. Lots of Paul Heyman talking about what went into turning NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling into Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Best of all, the second disc has several classic ECW matches, such as RVD/Jerry Lynn, Dreamer/Raven, Sabu/Taz.

I also recommend the Rob Van Dam: One of a Kind DVD to go with this set, as RVD was so pivotal to ECW's success near the end of its run and kinda goes into some of the details that get skipped in the Rise and Fall DVD.
I'm not ragging on you but what is the appeal in pro wrestling?
To me it's just very bad scripts acted out very poorly by bodybuilders with fake tans...
but I LOVE mixed martial arts...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused

....and to think his real name was Shirley Crabtree....

i laugh when i think how much i used to be a huge WWF fan a while back but now i look at it and cant help but thinking i was crazy for liking it. never watch WCW and never even heard of ECW

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
i laugh when i think how much i used to be a huge WWF fan a while back but now i look at it and cant help but thinking i was crazy for liking it. never watch WCW and never even heard of ECW
huge fan huh?

Wrestling used to be great, with the likes of Sting, HBK, Bret Hart etc etc...but now its gone down the crapper with dumbass storylines that involve multiple sex partners, Playboy issues, and crowd deappreciation
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
To me it's just very bad scripts acted out very poorly by bodybuilders with fake tans...
but I LOVE mixed martial arts...
I got into pro wrestling when Ken Shamrock first joined up with the WWF. Being a big fan of him while he was in UFC, I wanted to see what they were going to do with him. At that point, I kinda thought rasslin was terribly choreographed, idiotically full of implausible gimmicks, and an embarassment to people who study martial arts, like myself.

Well, even though I kept my eye on Ken in the WWF, I didn't become a fan of wrestling till I saw an episode of ECW on TNN. Unlike what other groups were doing, these guys were wrestling a fast, aggressive style. The athletes put on amazing, high flying showcases that would make trapese performers jealous, the rough necks took hits with steel chairs, thumb tacks, barbed wire and all kinds of other stuff that just made my jaw drop, and the I just found the show to be very enjoyable. It kicked the butt of anything WWF or WCW was doing by far.

So, that's how wrestling appeals to me. I love a good, brutal, high flying, death defying wrestling match. It's fake, and everybody knows it, but if done well it can be quite entertaining.

Originally Posted by suppression
I got into pro wrestling when Ken Shamrock first joined up with the WWF. Being a big fan of him while he was in UFC, I wanted to see what they were going to do with him. At that point, I kinda thought rasslin was terribly choreographed, idiotically full of implausible gimmicks, and an embarassment to people who study martial arts, like myself.

Well, even though I kept my eye on Ken in the WWF, I didn't become a fan of wrestling till I saw an episode of ECW on TNN. Unlike what other groups were doing, these guys were wrestling a fast, aggressive style. The athletes put on amazing, high flying showcases that would make trapese performers jealous, the rough necks took hits with steel chairs, thumb tacks, barbed wire and all kinds of other stuff that just made my jaw drop, and the I just found the show to be very enjoyable. It kicked the butt of anything WWF or WCW was doing by far.

So, that's how wrestling appeals to me. I love a good, brutal, high flying, death defying wrestling match. It's fake, and everybody knows it, but if done well it can be quite entertaining.
I think that's maybe why wrestling doesn't appeal to me. When I watch MMA I don't particularly want to see 2 huge bruisers slugging away at each other. I love it when the little guy taps out the big guy with seemingly little effort and although the days of Royce Gracie are gone the smaller guy can still beat the bigger stronger guy using technique. That's why MMA appeals to me, watching fights like Genki Sudo submitting Butterbean, or Tim Sylvia getting his arm broke against Frank Mir.