I will always be an addict. And you probably will too.

Tools    

You want to post like me?
I’ve recently come to the conclusion that I will always be addicted to something, and realized that it probably applies to most people. Whether it be cigarettes, drugs, alcohol or more innocent things such as work, sex, movies, videogames, music or food.

2 months ago I stopped smoking. 1 and a half months ago I started smoking marijuana. A week ago I started smoking cigarettes again but stopped smoking weed. And it was a moment of clarity for me. I haven’t felt like smoking weed again ever since and I believe I’ve successfully cured my addiction with another addiction.

You might argue that I have a particularly addictive personality and you might be right too, but I think we all have addictive personalities to some degree. Granted, you might be addicted to charity work and saving cute little kittens from trees, but you’re still an addict.

We all have our addictions and of course they aren’t set in stone, and you could certainly give up smoking or drinking, but the question is; how many addictions can you take away before you stop being you? And which new addictions is the new you going to have?

Female Jungle Poster
Join the club!

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

You ready? You look ready.
I'm addicted to not being addicted. Zing!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You want to post like me?
Thanks man. Unless you were being sarcastic, which I'm terrible at spotting. Matter of fact let's say that this; *, from now on, means exactly that. Once again: * = Unless you were being sarcastic, which I'm terrible at spotting.

I am addicted to forgetting. Not everything, certainly not most recent events in my life, but some things are hard to forget without an addiction. Alcohol and movies are my two goto addictions, but reading and music also help me forget. I like doing these things in and of themselves without the need to forget, but "escapism" is a big reason many are addicted to anything. I also like pea salad.

Banned from Hollywood.
Thanks man. Unless you were being sarcastic, which I'm terrible at spotting. Matter of fact let's say that this; *, from now on, means exactly that. Once again: * = Unless you were being sarcastic, which I'm terrible at spotting.

no, not being sarcastic (it's something i am not good at) at all..being honest actually

cheers!

Banned from Hollywood.
..but to talk about addiction. I am also terribly addicted to smoking. A pack and a half of marlboro reds a day is too much for me, but it seems that smoking is one of the few things (at this moment in my life) that gives me pleasure, relaxes and makes me happy .

Ah, I know that feeling regnif. Unfortunately, at the prices they charge over here, I had to quit. 3 years in February. I know I'm better off and everything, but I did love to smoke.

Female Jungle Poster
Congrats on quitting, honeykid; that's a hell of an achievement.

I guess that regnif and I will retreat to the den of ostracism now.

Thanks Karibou.

BTW, don't listen to the naysayers. If you want to quit, it's really not difficult. I found that not buying any cigarettes meant I was able to stop smoking quite easily and, when I coupled this with not putting lit cigarettes in my mouth, I found smoking became impossible. Even if I really wanted to.

Female Jungle Poster
Thanks Karibou.

BTW, don't listen to the naysayers. If you want to quit, it's really not difficult. I found that not buying any cigarettes meant I was able to stop smoking quite easily and, when I coupled this with not putting lit cigarettes in my mouth, I found smoking became impossible. Even if I really wanted to.
Ah, but isn't really wanting to quit the real trick? I'm afraid that I still enjoy it far too much to consider giving it up.

(I know, I know..I'm an absolute shmoo. )

Ah, but isn't really wanting to quit the real trick? I'm afraid that I still enjoy it far too much to consider giving it up.
Nope, that's just what smokers tell themselves when they don't want to quit. I know that it was in my case, anyway. Trust me, don't put lit cigarettes in your mouth and you won't be smoking.

Banned from Hollywood.

You got that right kari ...oh the guilt lol

Banned from Hollywood.
Ah, I know that feeling regnif. Unfortunately, at the prices they charge over here, I had to quit. 3 years in February. I know I'm better off and everything, but I did love to smoke.

There's always the solution of Rolling tobacco, as it is cheaper (just a bit)...maybe it smells less, but i was never a fan (for many reasons).

I gotta say hats off to you hk for being able to stay off smoking for 3 years...i'm gonna be heading down that road in the near future i am sure..but for now .