Least favorite movie of favorite director

Tools    

Shutter Island wasn't too bad actually, but I guess it's based on who you are.
I meant it more in terms of expectation. Scorsese has made worse films, but I though SI was gonna be amazing.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Either Days of 36 by Angelopoulos or Almanac of Fall by Tarr (which was pretty good, but not a masterpiece as other his films).

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Park Chan-wook's
I'm a Cyborg but That's Okay
I still really like the movie but when you compare it to Thirst, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, Mister Vengeance, and JSA it just doesn't compare.

Robert Rodriguez's
Machete
Planet Terror

George Romero's
Survival of the Dead

I generally love every Kubrick film I watch, except for The Shining, which, IMO, is an overrated bore.
I think that Eyes Wide Shut beats that

I am the Watcher in the Night
Great thread! But very tough.

My fav movie directors would include Spielberg, Scorsese, Kurosawa, Kubrick, Mann....To choose their worst films...I think it's pretty easy in terms of Spielberg, Indy IV was a mess of a movie.

For Kurosawa, a man who has made such iconic movies, I'd pick RAN. Only seen it once, maybe that is why I don't fully appreciate it but to me it seemed, how can I put this, flimsy, almost as if some scenes and ideas were last minute add ons. Not a bad movie but not one I particularly like from the great director.

The one Scorsese movie that really annoys me is Gangs of New York, it takes almost 2 hours to get to the interesting bit! And Cameron Diaz is completely miscast.

I didn't much care for Scorsese's Cape Fear. It's enjoyable in a schlocky-cheezy way, but I was expecting something really much better. Maybe it's cause I saw the awesome original first.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I think that Eyes Wide Shut beats that
I love Eyes Wide Shut, visual masterpiece and, as always, Cruise is brilliant.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My favorite director is easier Eastwood or Hitchcock depending on the day.

So for Eastwood it would be Pale Rider; for Hitchcock, the remake of The Man Who Knew Too Much.

I have another one.

Chris Nolan
Inception
Insomnia

I understood Inception and have taken the advice of numerous friends to go back and rewatch it, I still just don't like it. Insomnia should be self explanatory.

My favs by Nolan are Momento and Isomnia, everything is onwards and downwards from there, imo.

I'm in agreement about Inception. Freud would've definitely laughed his arse off at that one, his psych. views were far more negative and base.

I was a big fan of Brad Anderson until Vanishing on 7th St., waiting for his come-back of current. It wasn't as bad as all that, but it was very average in comparison to everything prior.

Planet of the Apes-Tim Burton

Spike Lee - Clockers
Clint Eastwood - Changeling, but I loved his music composition in this.

Spike Lee - Clockers
Clint Eastwood - Changeling, but I loved his music composition in this.
Jolie has done two good Movies, though I occasions I get a buzz with Salt...maybe it's my inner demons coming the surface? Lol!

other than Polanskis Fearless Vampire Killers here are some others of my least favorites from my favorites

Lynch- The Grandmother
Kubrick- Killers Kiss
Hitchcock- Number Seventeen
Bergman- The Silence

I've gone through all my favorites and come up with some more:

George A. Romero-Bruiser
I can't remember a thing about this movie. I do remember that I hated it deeply when I watched it. I saw a used copy at a store the other day and wanted to pay the $5 just to destroy the DVD and possibly erasing the fact it ever existed from my mind.

James Cameron-Avatar
Do I really need to explain why I didn't like this movie? It was definitely too long and was way too boring.

Rian Johnson-The Brothers Bloom
I've only recently discovered this director and decided to see all the films in his filmography and as badly as I wanted to like this movie, I just couldn't.

Quentin Tarantino-Death Proof
Won't say anymore than that.

John Woo-Broken Arrow
It was okay but compared to The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow, A Better Tomorrow 2, and even Face Off it felt like it fell short.

Alfred Hitchcock-Vertigo
Feel free to take me out and string me up but I just couldn't stand this movie. It was very nicely shot and had some great innovative camera techniques but I just could not tolerate anything about this movie. I found all the characters to be either boring or despicable or a combination of the two. I felt the character of Midge added nothing more than filler. I could go on all day about the things I disliked about this movie but I won't. I do want to state that I don't hate it, and I have seen worse films, I just didn't like it.