The sailor Man and spinach

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
Popeye the Sailor Man first became a popular cartoon in the 1930s. The sailor in that cartoon eats lots of spinach to make him strong. People watched him, and they began to buy and eat a lot more spinach. Popeye helped sell 33% more spinach than before! Spinach became a necessary part of many people’s diets. Even some children who hated the taste began to eat the vegetables.
Many people thought that the iron in spinach made Popeye strong, but this is not true. Spinach does not have any more iron than other green vegetables.
People thought spinach had a lot of iron because the people who studied the food made a mistake. In the 1890s, a group of people studied what was inside vegetables. This group said that spinach had ten times more iron than it did. The group wrote the number wrong, and everyone accepted it.
Today, we know that the little iron in spinach cannot make a difference in how strong a person is. However, spinach does have something else that the body needsfolic acid.
It is interesting to point out that folic acid can help make a person strong. Maybe it was really the folic acid that makes Popeye strong.

Alright, but I'm looking for relevance and, just what exactly you want us to respond with... ?

I knew it was just a matter of time before cronies from the Folic Acid lobby made their way into our little slice of internet paradise.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I was going to remove this thread, but seeing as how I have no idea what it's about, I suppose I can't rightly call it spam. I guess it stays, then. Definitely getting moved to Intermission, though.

I think it's rufnek in disguise.

Make an ass of myself just once and they never let me live it down!

Make an ass of myself just once and they never let me live it down!

Ha.....you expected otherwise.

"At the supermarket, you can find spinach packaged fresh, canned, or frozen. Fresh spinach is usually found loose or bagged. For the best quality, select leaves that are green and crisp, with a nice fresh fragrance. Avoid leaves that are limp, damaged, or spotted. If you are in a rush, grab a bag of fresh, pre-washed spinach. The ready-to-eat packaging makes it easy to be on the go and still stay healthy"

This thread may have some legs after all eh? EH?

This thread may have some legs after all eh? EH?
It ate some folic acid and got strong.

I ate some antacid and got white-colored bowel movements...does that count for being strong if I did not pass out on the loo?
I've done that on Christmas. It helps me have a more White Christmas.

That first post is just so completely random. I wonder if the person that posted that just does that to amuse themselves or if their was in fact some sort of point to it.

That first post is just so completely random. I wonder if the person that posted that just does that to amuse themselves or if their was in fact some sort of point to it.
They seem to think that there's a place for something like that when talking of movies. Maybe 'cause it's Popeye? I don't know, but I don't think they meant to make a fool of themselves or anyone, seems pretty serious.