A disturbing movie

→ in
Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I may actually read one of her books now. I'm just curious.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Yeah, brilliant, Anne Perry is cashing in on her disturbed thoughts now. Good for her

Should be in prison. But hey...Jon Venables and Robert Thompson are walking the streets, so why not Anne?

This movie pisses me off.

BTW, thanks for the rep...love you long time, adi.

i didn't hate it as much as you seemed to.... but i like weird movies like this

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Yeah, brilliant, Anne Perry is cashing in on her disturbed thoughts now. Good for her
considering you've never actually read her books, its hard for you to say whether or not they are disturbed or not.

i still don't see the hold-up, here. we've already established there are a lot of other movies out there just meant to disturb people--much, much more than this movie--yet, they aren't condemned. i don't get it.

I never finished watching it (nothing to do with the film itself- something came up) but I rather liked what I saw. I do not think that it is fair to say that it is a story that ought not be told simply because this story disturbed you. In fact, this in my opinion is a self-contradictory posture. A story may be of questionable worth if it is so bland that it illicits no reaction from the viewer. You obviously had a very strong reaction to this picture. I found that what I saw of it rather compelling. So did you, apparently.

Perhaps one can argue that films that explicitly endorse monstrous ideas and behavior ought not be made- no matter how good they are in an artistic sense. Heavenly Creatures most certainly does not fall into this category. And even there you run into difficulty. While the ideas in Birth of a Nation are deplorable, modern cinema owes much to the techniques developed in this genuinely evil racist movie.

Furthermore, I do not think that "pure evil" is a fair description of the girls. "Completely out of touch with reality and highly emotionally disturbed" would be a better description to my mind.

It actually sounds like its a dark beautiful movie...like a much darker version of "My Summer of Love"