Dead or Alive

Tools    

I saw the Yahoo trailer for Dead Or Alive. I kinda wanted to see the movie as I'm a fan of the Xbox game, but when I saw the trailer it really put me off wanting to see the movie. The trailer looks so silly.

I saw the Yahoo trailer for Dead Or Alive. I kinda wanted to see the movie as I'm a fan of the Xbox game, but when I saw the trailer it really put me off wanting to see the movie. The trailer looks so silly.

Trust me Hobbit...it literally is a piece of *****!!!

DOA was actually the most entertaining movie of the summer. The Weinsteins Co. basically dumped it (after sitting on the shelf) so it had no chance of success because no one knew it was coming out and it was only in 500 theatres.

It's fun, doesn't take itself seriously, and the most literal adaptation of a video game -- ever.

I don't understand the criticism against it because people should know exactly what they're going in for if it's a "DOA" movie based on the game.

Holly Valance was a stand-out and knock-out. Devon Aoki, who was so great in "Sin City," unfortunately was very wooden in a lead speaking role. She cannot be blamed though because she wasn't working with the best dialogue.

I think DOA fails because it was SO literal. Don't get me wrong. I thought it was pretty good but these arena type fight fest movies have very little scope for growth in my eyes. Of course sometimes thats all your movie dreams in one with women fighting each other in tight tops and little else. So yeah I was happy with it but it coulda had more and could have gone for a higher age rating but thats a small nitpick.

It's a great bunch of fun, i even got the DVD. It is literally girls in bikinis and fighting. That's what it says on the tin and thats what you get, don't know why you can complain about that.

DOA was actually the most entertaining movie of the summer. The Weinstein Co. basically dumped it (after sitting on the shelf) so it had no chance of success because no one knew it was coming out and it was only in 500 theatres.
The Weinsteins know what trash is and release only worthy films...plain and simple

.... most literal adaptation of a video game -- ever.
D.O.A. is like watching a Uwe Bowl film yet worse!!! Most literal adaptation???? Try Silent Hill.

.....people should know exactly what they're going in for if it's a "DOA" movie based on the game.
A waste of hard earned $$