Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The captain never shot Alex, it was one of the shipmates.

Heroes is not better, the second season dropped the ball so far it will never catch back to speed. The season finale of Heroes was lackluster too, does it answer stuff? Yeah, but it doesn't attach audiences to any mysteries. It's an okay show, Lost is a great show.

Suspect's Reviews

I think they're both great.

I think that means I win.

Yay me!

I loved everything about this ep, except I still hanker for some Nadia lovin á la "The Constant"'s romantisexy phone scene.Where's the big: I finally found you!, y'know?

You guys think Ben used the electro-magnetic fence thing to just funnel Smokey to where the bad things dwell?

So....I'm thinkin Desmond somehow lives happily ever after with Penny . . . . . . but in the past/future/alternate timeline!

So...does Jack have a stomach ulcer or is he an addict?

Sawyer rocks my socks.

I see Miles as a potential we-think-he's -good -now-but-then-kills-major-character type guy.

Claire so has to die. What story does she have now besides damsel-in-distress and "I'm dead now.Hey Kate I can't leave the island so take my baby". I predict dead Claire before the end of this series. I mean, she's been reduced to a screamer just like Shannon minus the Sayidness, axe her while her death has some meaning left plz!

noooooooo! you've started already? It used to be you had your ep on a Thurs and we had the same on the Sunday. Ours doesn't start now till next Sunday so we're over a week apart now. I can't stand the tension of not reading this thread!

dont spoil it for yourself christine!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sawyer's becoming a self-sacrificing hero. That's just wild.

As for Jack, the previews for next week specifically mention that his appendix has to come out, soooo, appendicitis. (Juliet says it, so I'm guessing she'll be doing some crude beach surgery or something.)

I just loved the way Ben tried to ask the desk clerk what date and year it was. Yeah, that was convincing. Not.

Best line of the night: Locke picks up the phone, hears the endless loop of "Code 14-J" over and over, and says, "I think it's for Ben."

We still don't know what Smokey is, but since Ben knew exactly where it would go (since he told them to run in a certain direction once they got outside), he obviously controlled its direction from down in that cave with the hieroglyphics on the door. But, how much can he do that? Has he controlled it in the past when it attacked the pilot, and Eko, and others? Did he try to hurt people like Locke but the smoke monster wouldn't?

I don't know where they're going with Smokey, but I rewatched the very first episode last night (which had Smokey's first appearance). I had forgotten that Smokey showed up in the PILOT EPISODE. So far they're stlll being consistent about Smokey's behavior, so this isn't something they're tossing out there willy-nilly.

Now, how they'll explain it is another story.... Someone elsewhere mentioned something about nanoparticles...?

Nanotech is deffo where'd I'd go.

What did he mean when Widmore said "It was my island"? I'm guessing we finally know who set up the DHARMA/Hanso stuff.

I've gotta say I see an episode coming soon with a lottta Widmore and Hanso and Paik-backs.

I also predict that Sayid totally killed the Doc in an attempt to overthrow the freighter while the toughs are away.Or else it was Mike.

Yeah, I agree with the Widmore-behind-Hanso stuff. We're seeing tiny pieces of that puzzle now, I think. I liked his line to Ben about, "Everything you have you stole from me." That's really kinda true in a basic way, isn't it?

And I wouldn't want to mess with a Sayid/Desmond team if you get those guys mad, that's for sure. Although I'm unsure what Desmond would do to Penny's-dad's-people without knowing just how "evil" Charles is.

Obviously something coup-like happened on the freighter. The freaky thing is that time displacement stuff. Were the people still on the freighter fibbing when they said the doctor was all right, or are we back to the "time is relative" stuff that Daniel keeps talking about?

Gosh, I love this show.

Hey, wait. I just remembered. The last thing with saw with Michael was that Sayid had just tattled on him to the captain. We never did see how that played out after the captain was told Michael is a traitor.

Somehow whatever skirmish happened at that point ended with a dead doctor, at least in one dimension.

HBO is replaying the last season of The Sopranos right now ... and I just realized why the actor who's playing Miles on Lost looks so familiar: He played Junior Soprano's gofer in the looney bin (the one who helped him write a letter to VP Cheney).

Too funny.

TUS, I only half-trust what the producers say. They also said there was no time travel ... and yet, at the very least, they're bending their definition of "time travel," aren't they?

I assume anything they say is or isn't on the show is always up for debate and modifications. Always.

What a crazy episode. Would have like to see some on the boat but I figure there will be whole show to that. Did Ben go in the "room" to call Smokey or to go talk to Sayid? Loved the scene with Widmore and Ben. An article in EW talked about how choosing when to end the show has really focused the writers and cast. Hope they can keep it up.

I'm pretty sure he went into that cave area to call Smokey. (Did you notice the hieroglyphic-type marks on its door?) As soon as he came out, he rallied the troops into getting ready to run out the door -- and he conveniently knew which direction to run that wouldn't put them in the path of Smokey, either.

Somehow he manipulated that thing -- whatever it is -- and either called it or directed its path or both.

This is such a great show...

I have no clue anymore what's happening. I'm just going to go back to watching and stop trying to figure it out all the time. It gives me a headache.

A co-worker watches Lost too and we talk every Friday morning. We always get laughs and chuckles when we do by people who don't watch. Especially when we were talking about smoky this week. People just stand there with their mouth open asking you what your on, lol. The guessing and theorizing is half the fun of watching. Especially if your wrong and they surprise you.

Actually, no, I don't think that's true. I've been extremely busy today and am only now settling down for the day (9:30 p.m.).

I think we learned a lot of little things in this episode. If you haven't seen it yet, come back later....

-- I am wondering what Kate is doing for Sawyer that Jack won't like. I assume it has something to do with Sawyer's child by the woman who visited him in prison. Checking in on the child? Giving her money? Both?

-- What's up with both Claire and Jack seeing Christian Shephard? Claire's seeing him in island-time, and Jack sees him in about 2007 (judging from the newspaper reports on the Yankees in his newspaper). Which means this is probably the beginning of his descent into whiny panic about getting back to the island.

-- Someone elsewhere pointed out that Jack "saw" his dad after checking a smoke detector. Smokey rearing his ugly head again? Are we supposed to make that connection? At the very least, it's a nice easter egg, which the producers do a lot.

-- You could see his appendix scar in Kate's bathroom mirror.

It wasn't a devastating episode (except that ending with Sawyer and the baby in the jungle), but it was a nice bridge that begins to tie together the future and the present just a little. And it's so hard not to just weep over what's become of dear Hurley. Do any of the Oceanic Six end up happy off the island?

It looks clearer to me that our emotions will catch up with us at some point and we'll want them back on the island -- which will become the struggle of the final season or two. How sadly ironic.