Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

Tools    

Erm... in regards to that last post I made about the shadowy Asian looking guy...

Spoiler alert... I got hold of an HD version of the trailer, screengrabbed that scene and photoshopped the contrast and brightness...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Shredder 2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	16138  

Sadly I will probably avoid this at all costs and it breaks my heart. Looks like a train wreck, the turtles are THE action heroes of my childhood. I am probably so disenchanted with this new movie because of how dearly I love the first 3 live action turtle movies. They have absolutely no feel of those movies in this one. The early 90s movies captured the tone and fun of the cartoons, plus they actually looked like the turtles.

I guess maybe the newer generation without any preconceived notions of growing up with the early 90s turtles will like it. I'll just accept they will never top the first 3, which isn't a bad thing. Go Ninja Go!

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Sadly I will probably avoid this at all costs and it breaks my heart. Looks like a train wreck, the turtles are THE action heroes of my childhood. I am probably so disenchanted with this new movie because of how dearly I love the first 3 live action turtle movies. They have absolutely no feel of those movies in this one. The early 90s movies captured the tone and fun of the cartoons, plus they actually looked like the turtles.

I guess maybe the newer generation without any preconceived notions of growing up with the early 90s turtles will like it. I'll just accept they will never top the first 3, which isn't a bad thing. Go Ninja Go!
Agree'd. Turtles should be left in the 90s. Bay should be left out in the rain.

Read a review of TMNT.

Origins story but with the origins rewritten from what fans are used to.

WARNING: "tmnt" spoilers below
The Turtles were April's pets who were experimented on by April's Father. Sachs and The Shredder want the Turtles as their blood is the key to successful mutating of animals

Soulless, visual effects overkill, not particularly good, crass, off putting but not as off putting as Transformers. The original rubbery Jim Henson creations were easier to watch compared to the grotesque and photorealistic CG Turtles and don't really look as good as they should when it comes to the finished product.

The movie coasts along but not in the way it should. Apparently there are a number of beats within the film that are loyal to the fans and the original novels, books and cartoons... but the film as a whole won't win any fans over.

Another review said that it's packed with advertisements for Pizza Hut and soft drinks companies.

Whoopi Goldberg is embarrassingly bad.

Good points are: The voiceover work is tip top... and Megan Fox gives what is possibly her best ever performance. That's it.

Rotten Tomatoes have it at 2/5

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I was a fervent 80's turtle fan. When the original live action movies came I out, I knew they were bad and loved them anyways. If anyone is interested, I can probably dig out the "Ninja Rap" cassingle and donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice.

The thing that was most interesting about the reviews so far, is they come across as brawlers. It seems that they have lost the martial arts emphasis and just pound.