THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah we will do next Sat.

So my library is having an this thing where people can pick one of their favorite literary quotes and do a drawing or painting based on it. I am going to do something but I am not sure what. One of my ideas was using the quote, "Go then, there are other worlds than these." from the Gunslinger and painting a bunch of characters from famous books that feature other worlds.

I like this quote a lot "Those people who recognize that imagination is reality's master, we call sages, and those who act upon it are called artists." but I'm not sure how I want to interpret it in a painting.

I like this quote a lot "Those people who recognize that imagination is reality's master, we call sages, and those who act upon it are called artists." but I'm not sure how I want to interpret it in a painting.
That is an awesome quote. What is it from?

That is an awesome quote. What is it from?
Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins. It's one of my favorite books. That's the quote I really want to do, but I have to figure out what to paint. I don't want to go to literal.

Give me all of your candy!
Is there a Netflix thread? I am trying to figure out something to watch.....any ideas? I wish Suspiria was still on there.

Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins. It's one of my favorite books. That's the quote I really want to do, but I have to figure out what to paint. I don't want to go to literal.
My dad and one of my sisters love Tom Robbins. Never read any of his stuff myself.

My dad and one of my sisters love Tom Robbins. Never read any of his stuff myself.
Your dad sounds really cool. At least he seems to have really good taste in music and authors.

I don't know your tastes in books, but judging by everything else I know of you, I think you would really like it. It's chock full of really good quotes like that last one. Here is another that I love:
""Every time they substitute an all-purpose, sloppy slang for the words that would actually describe an emotion or a situation, it lowers their reality orientations, pushes them farther from shore, out onto the foggy water of alienation and confusion." - Can o' Beans,

Is there a Netflix thread? I am trying to figure out something to watch.....any ideas? I wish Suspiria was still on there.
I'm sure there is. Try a search. Watch Fallen Angels. It is really fantastic. Also Blue is the Warmest Color, Amelie and The Pianist are superb movies available on instant.

If you like movies that are a bit brutal, I Saw the Devil, Battle Royal and Big Bad Wolves are all on there and I recommend all of them.

Your dad sounds really cool. At least he seems to have really good taste in music and authors.

I don't know your tastes in books, but judging by everything else I know of you, I think you would really like it. It's chock full of really good quotes like that last one. Here is another that I love:
""Every time they substitute an all-purpose, sloppy slang for the words that would actually describe an emotion or a situation, it lowers their reality orientations, pushes them farther from shore, out onto the foggy water of alienation and confusion." - Can o' Beans,
Have I mentioned his taste in music? The dude loves classic rock. I thank him for burning me out on the stuff, I can't listen to it anymore, save for a few musicians. What exactly have I said about his taste?

I will definitely read a Robbins book in my lifetime.

Broke my laptop, fan's been playing up for a whole and now it has stopped so it overheats and huts my laptop down after a while. Annoying as I need to be saving money now and it also means it'll be more difficult to watch 70s films

I enjoy many genres of music as I do films.. one of my favorite bands is called "Aesthetic Perfection".. well I went to www.allmusic.com to find some similar bands. I found one where their "music videos" are actually like a horror film.

Broke my laptop, fan's been playing up for a whole and now it has stopped so it overheats and huts my laptop down after a while. Annoying as I need to be saving money now and it also means it'll be more difficult to watch 70s films
I hope things go good for you Daniel. I hope you get it fixed soon or if you buy a new one.. you find a good one for a fair price (even a fair price to fix it).

Watch Fallen Angels.
Are you referring to the asian film "Fallen Angels"?

I would watch anything with Takeshi Kaneshiro (which I have seen this film)... hell I would just love enjoy watching him period.. forget a film.. I could stare at him all day.

Have I mentioned his taste in music? The dude loves classic rock. I thank him for burning me out on the stuff, I can't listen to it anymore, save for a few musicians. What exactly have I said about his taste?

I will definitely read a Robbins book in my lifetime.
You sad that he liked Leonard Cohen.

Are you referring to the asian film "Fallen Angels"?

I would watch anything with Takeshi Kaneshiro (which I have seen this film)... hell I would just love enjoy watching him period.. forget a film.. I could stare at him all day.
Yeah. That's the only one I know of.