Viggo Mortensen

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
How do you feel about him as an actor? What are your favourite performances of his?

I love his performances in The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, A History Of Violence and his Oscar nominated work in Eastern Promises, which I only just saw recently.

He's good, but not one of my favourites. Liked all of the movies that you mentioned. Also liked Hidalgo.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
You know, he's a good actor, but I was fairly disappointed by A History of Violence when I first saw it. I think it was because it was built up so much, like it was going to be the best movie I'd ever seen in my entire life, and when it wasn't, I was kind of like "Okayyyy..." But on the second watch I rather liked it a lot.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You ready? You look ready.
He got screwed on the Oscar nomination for Eastern Promises. Love that flick. Easily his best work, and yeah, I dig the dude, too. From what I've read about him he sounds like a wonderful, caring guy. He's definitely one of my favorite actors in Hollywood.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Chappie doesn't like the real world
He got screwed on the Oscar nomination for Eastern Promises. Love that flick.
Yep.

He's always good even when the movie he is in is less than stellar such as the case of Appaloosa or The Indian Runner. He was fantastic in The Road. It really took a strong actor to carry that role.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I dig him, check The Road if you're a fan
Yeah, I liked his performance in The Road. I didn't really enjoy The Road as much as others, but Viggo and Kodi Smit-McPhee's performances were both good in it.