Radioactive carrot

Tools    

Please help name the movie!!!! =D

An old black and white horror that takes place in some type of remote arctic research base (or something like that). If I remember right, a radioactive current from outer space seeks refuge in a carrot, turns into a monster, and starts reeking havoc on the research team of humans, ripping their parkas to shreds lol.

I know it's not "The Thing" even though it sounds semi simular.

HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Sobotron

Hahahaha! It honestly could have been a dream lol

I was like 11 years old...My Dad was there, and his girlfriend, and you were there Auntie Em and you too Toto

I know it's not "The Thing" even though it sounds semi-[similar].

It's similar because it's adapted from the very same source material as John Carpenter's 1982 movie starring Kurt Russell. The original is called The Thing from Another World (1951), produced by the great Howard Hawks (and some contend directed by him as well, though it is credited to Christian Nyby.). For another Carpenter connection, it can be seen playing on the television of the house where Jamie Lee Curtis is babysitting in the original Halloween.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So the movie you are referring to is the original "Thing". But I'm still pretty sure it doesn't involve some type of carrot =D And I swear the movie I am questiong has to do with a mutating carrot. Does that happen in "Thing From Another World"?

I'm just confused now lol

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Does this look like a mutating carrot (with a shaved head)?
James Arness has been called a "walking carrot" for about 50 years now in reference to this movie. It's in B&W, is set in the Arctic (as opposed to the Antarctic like the remake), and basically qualifies for your other memories. Besides that, no other movie resembles it, so it cannot be some other movie. So, c'mon now, be honest and tell us, what was in that carrot juice?

So the movie you are referring to is the original "Thing". But I'm still pretty sure it doesn't involve some type of carrot =D And I swear the movie I am questiong has to do with a mutating carrot. Does that happen in "Thing From Another World"?

I'm just confused now lol
YES, they refer to the creature as a "carrot" in the movie The Thing from Another World. But please, keep doubting us.

NED SCOTT
An intellectual carrot; the mind boggles.

I agree with Holden Pike, but if that is not it, then it would probably be Space: 1999.