Public Enemies

Tools    

Trailer is epic , Michael Mann directing another bank heist movie replacing Deniro and Pacino with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale - just might be amazing.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I love the music in the second half of the trailer. I'm really excited about this because I'm a huge fan of Mann and Depp.

Did you notice, though, how little of Bale we see in the trailer? The trailer doesn't seem to show much of a conflict/relationship between the two.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
Wow Billy Crudup's voice sounded different. And Tramp i bet another trailer will come out that focuses more on that, different trailers portray different aspects of movies to get different people to come and see them.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Yea, Crudup was surprising here... and he rather looks like a young Hoover!

And you might be right, another trailer would have a different angle, but they really put the spotlight on Depp in that trailer. I just thought it interesting.

Looks awesome... I will definitely be seeing this...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm sure it'll be better than Lawrence Tierney's 1945 Dillinger, although that's a decent B-flick. If it's better than Warren Oates' low-budget/high quality 1973 Dillinger then that'll be really impressive. Some of you might be able to tell that Lawrence Tierney is in Reservoir Dogs

Maybe they down played Christian Bale because of the bad publicity he had a little while back. Or maybe not...

The trailer was really good, but I still think they need to cut about 30 seconds off to make it stronger. The song on the ending was real enticing.

Yeah notice the brief shot of him shooting something. This is obviously also an allusion that the third batman film will be a semi-adaptation of Dark Knight Returns where Batman uses guns.

Looks awesome! Definitely on my must-see list.

Only thing that worries me is whether or not Mann will be using video noise to "add" to his visuals. I really thought it was distracting in Miami Vice, and very irritating. Other than that, I sincerely hope he can actually decide on a visual style; Miami Vice was a mess.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Not watched the trailer yet, but this is one of the 2009 films I've been looking forward to the most.
Saw the trailer with Watchmen. Looks interesting, but I'll probably wait for DVD on this one.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I’ll watch it but I kind of think it will be so so.
I am a big fan of John Milius’s movie Dillinger with Warren Oats. I think Warren a much beter pick to play Dillinger than JD. JD may be the best American actor out there but I would not have cast him as Dillinger. I don’t believe it. At least in the trailor I am not convinced.
Bale is a good choice for Purvis, hopefully he has a decent legnth part.
Miami Vice sucked. Heat was slow but had some good action. Mann is a second tier director at best. The Insider is his best film and that is because Russell Crowe is such a good actor. Last of the Mohicans had mother nature and Daniel Day-Lewis lending a hand.
Dillinger was a short lived small timer of a crook anyhow. More hype that anythning else. His biggest claim to fame is breaking out with a soap gun. Melvin Purvis would make a better subject for a movie.

I'm so psyched to see these two guys together on screen

Excuse my language, but I can't ****ing wait for this. I adore both trailers, and it features two of my favorite actors amongst an all around all star cast. My most anticipated of the year.