Pendulum

Tools    

Any fans? Got their new album, seems bit too mainstream and recycles bit too much of the previous album but still good. Not really any classic songs i can see being played religiously in clubs like their last stuff. Anyway, they're still a great d n' b act, probably see them live for second time at Reading, just wonder if they'll do a DJ or live set.

A system of cells interlinked
I have Hold Your Color. Depends on the mood, I feel like the guy overwrites his tracks a lot, but, then again, I like sparse, isolationist tech-step when it comes to my DnB*. It's a great album, but sometimes it is a bit too much so I turn it off. I'm a psy trance phreak anyway, so what do I know.

That said, these guys are definitely trying to evolve the style, which I always applaud, just for the attempt.

* Tech Step - Stuff like Photek, Klute etc.

They have had a pretty big influence on DnB and music but i can't say i follow the genre, enjoy listening to it but no knowledge of it (or any offshoots).

very very very over rated

A system of cells interlinked
They are relatively new to the scene, and sort of represent an evolution of the style, IMO. Most of the stuff I listen to is from the style's days of infancy. The artists I mentioned landed their prime albums in the early or mid 90s, after LTJ Bukem showed up on the scene with his LookingGood/GoodLooking label. That label has some of the best DnB ever made, IMO.

Pendulum was quite different from anything that came before when their first single hit in 2003, which is pretty much well after many declared the rave scene deceased (horse ****).

They have an approach to the style that is a bit more song oriented, as opposed to the typical EDM "track". I think they hit at just the right time to send the style in an arguably better direction, as it had become stale at that point, along with progressive trance, Tribal Haus, and a few other styles people were just sick to death of come '03.

Pendulum may or may not be overrated, but I feel like they are one of the artists still trying to keep things fresh, so i have to give them props for that. I have their first full length, 2007s Hold Your Color, and have yet to hear In Silico.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I can't stand the latest single. It's just trying far too hard to be mainstream with the vocals and the silly rip-off-every-sci-fi-film going video. And without actually counting the bpm, it seems far too slow to be drum and bass.

Still fantastic live performance, saw them for second time the other day. Bloody great atmosphere to their gig and it drew the most ridiculous crowd i saw at the whole festival- had to fight way to even get into the tent.