The most violent movie I've ever seen is...

Tools    

Where on your own personal scale would you place a movie like Cannibal Holocaust, then? The gore is certainly present, but so is the truly disturbing, more personal violence.

Or something like Irreversible?
Well to be fair, I haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust. I've heard quite a bit about it and it sounds as unsexy a film as you can get. So it wouldn't be right for me to comment.

Irreversible on theother hand deals with sexual violence, which I consider to be different from the general violence I think most of us were talking about. It's uncomfortable viewing and not really something i'd like to watch often. So yeah, as far as sexual themed violence goes, that film is up there.

I saw Cannibal Holocaust and thought it a good film. Little actual violence. The most violent film I saw was an Italian horror film whose name escapes me. There was so much gore that it became corny. I find most films where students or whatever are being killed off corny and end up cheering the killer.

As to animals, foxes wantonly kill as do cats. Dolphins kill porpoises and monkeys have killed other monkeys. If you own fish, you'll know that you have to be careful what you put in the tank as some other fish may attack what fish you already have in there. Rogue elephants will kill.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
No, it is. I own it on DVD. Cute movie, really!
Yup. You just can't beat Mulder and Stiffler beating up aliens

Kill Bill is high on my list. So is Titus Andronicus (w/Anthony Hopkins)

28 weeks later!

Looks like Hannibal Holocaust and Irreversible are the films that keep getting brought up through out the thread!

The only ones I’d mention are Basie Moi (which I have done before) - feats real sex rape and graphic killings. Also I saw a Flemish film at the BFI's disability festival earlier this year about a (not really)-disabled punk band. It features killing, rape, guns, queer bashing, and mistreating children blah blah blah. It’s not that good. I struggled to understand why it was been shown at the festival other than to sex it up. The films called Ex-Drummer, any one seen it?

I have seen lots of violent movie's but a few that stand out are Natural Born Killers, A Clockwork Orange, The Devil's Rejects and Silence Of The Lamb.

Pulp Fiction
very graphic

Dont forget Full Metal Jacket as well

This is the 1991 sequel to Jorg Buttgereit's 1987 depraved epic Nekromantik (I can't show the poster here because it's too offensive). Nekromantik is widely regarded as the sickest film of all time, and as the title suggests, revolves around necrophilia. Not only is the film extremely graphic, but has a final scene of suicidal sadomasochistic self abuse to turn even the strongest stomachs.
Don't say you haven't been warned.

I liked Cannibal holocaust. The cannibals were peaceful people it turned out till the real villains murdered many of their number to get some interesting film.

How many millions of animals die each day to provide us with food?

Right. Why is a child or a woman somehow worth more than a man? Those are silly Victorian ideas.

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
I liked Cannibal holocaust. The cannibals were peaceful people it turned out till the real villains murdered many of their number to get some interesting film.

How many millions of animals die each day to provide us with food?

Right. Why is a child or a woman somehow worth more than a man? Those are silly Victorian ideas.
Oh man, I definitely agree on that last point. Although I think the basic ideas there came from the fact that, at least then, it was generally men instigating violence as opposed to women and children, so why draw them in? Of course anymore that doesn't hold as true... in theory. TBH, if it's not in a movie, violence against women and children bothers me a hell of a lot more than violence against men. If someone beat up one of my friends, I'd be pissed. If someone hit my girl, I'd beat him to within an inch of his life.

Perhaps some of it is just classic instinct

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Kill Bill is high on my list. So is Titus Andronicus (w/Anthony Hopkins)

28 weeks later!
You really think Titus is extremely violent? Some imagery and innuendo (cannibalism) but I can't see it as violent. Disturbing, yes.

Natural Born Killers is a movie I cannot sit through. It makes me sick. I really cannot stomach overly violent films.

The Hostel (first) had some violence against young women and for me it would have been no different had it been against young men (who also suffered).

I've seen some real horrible women on old TV shows who I would not complain if they suffered horrible deaths. They are still under used in films as the villains.

Can I assume you are not yet married?

Anyone seen mondo connay (not sure how to spell it). Not THAT violent, but definitely messed up!!