Have you/ do you ever cry during movies?

Tools    

Step Mom!

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, I have and I do... Love it...

I usually cry when the story is about the people who get hurt because of loving.

Last time I cried at a sad part of a movie was Old Yeller. Since then I experience a weird sort of pre-crying shiver I'd say once out of every 20 or so movies that I see, but it takes something exceptionally beautiful to pull an actual tear out of me. One that does it a lot is that early long pan in Prospero's Books, following Prospero through his home surrounded by all those bizarre spirits. That Michael Nyman score really gets to me too.

Also both times I watched The New World I had a couple eyeball ejaculations at the end.

I think it also happened at the end of My Dinner With Andre, when Wallace Shawn driving home in the taxi and gymnopedie no. 1 starts to play.

I guess I could just say that whenever a really really good movie ends I want to cry.

crazed out movie freak
End of Mr. Hollands Opus gets me every time.

all so at the end of 12 monkeys when she see's him in the crowd is just heartbreaking

"Strong men also cry." The Big Lebowski. and so do I there I said it and I can't take it back.

I have been on the verge of crying during trailers/previews. Not because the movie is sad, but because I love the anticipation, the expectation, the knowledge that when "this" film comes out my family/spouse and I, will be seeing it together.

I rarely cry when watching a film even when they affect me, but Life is Beautiful is one example of a film where I actually had tears streaming down my face, and recently I saw Pather Panchali for the second time and the scene where
WARNING: "Pather Panchali" spoilers below
..the father is completely oblivious to his daughter's death and eventually realizes after the mother starts crying
had me in tears

Just a girl who loves movies
I did weep in some instances. I cannot always keep myself from it. But since most of the time I watch movies alone, it's OK

Believe it or not, I cried in Lilo & Stitch. In the scene where stitch runs off with the Ugly Duckling book and sits in the forest crying "I'm lost! I guess I can relate.. I'm a lost ugly duckling myself.

I cry all the time during films. A lot of my favorites are favorites because they can push me to the point of tears.

See the trailer here:

I always cry when I watch ET! When ET *dies* and then again when he leaves...I've got a lump in my throat just thinking about it

I started crying early in E.T., about the point where I figured out the movie was something about space aliens rather than the biography of Ernest Tubb as all of us country music fans had assumed. Didn't have a single one of E.T.'s biggest hits in the whole soundtrack!!!

fbi
Rocky 2. "yo adrian, I did it!!!!!" That part gets me everytime.

Peter jackson king kong. King kong is knocked unconscious by gas and ann darrow is crying. I had to hold my tears in cos i was with a female friend and was a little embarrassed. I saw it alone a week later or so and the tears really did flow this time.

Korean war movie brotherhood. The end part.

The champ. jon voight. Wow, i couldnt control the tears. This one was really powerful. The kids acting really done it.

I have done my share of crying during movies. The ones I can recall off-hand includes:

1) Passion of Christ
2) Million Dollar Baby
3) Titantic

All the Snout...Twice the Ointment.
The first film I ever cried during was "Fantasia" when it was re-released for its 50th anniversary. Then "Edward Scissorhands" (yeah, I know.) The whole Wynonna: "hold me" - Johnny: "I can't" scene gets me everytime.

I also agree with MisterKing's post about crying when things are not typically sad. I cried during "The Matrix", for gosh sakes! (The fight on the roof that ends with the helicopter crash and Morpheous saying, "he's The One.") I cried during "300", "Dreamgirls", "Armageddon" and "Independence Day" all during non-sad moments. Sometimes the beauty of a scene moves me to tears. Weird.

I also cried after "Ghostrider" when I realized I would never get that two hours of my life back, but that's different.

There are a few movies that made me so sad at the time that tears came out of my ears.

I don't remember the name of this movie, but it was about a girl who had to hide with her family and another family from hitler's army during the world war. But they were eventually discovered and sent off to prison. The difficulties they faced there, simply can't be described. In the end, all family members die, except their father, who survives.

The girl writes a diary during her time when they were hiding, which was published later.

Another movie, was the The Message. The scene were companions of prophet mohammad come out into the open to declare one true god.. etc to the quraish was very touching.

People stoned them while they were doing it, so it was sad.

Some more too, can't remember right now.