MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Trade Thread

Tools    

i knew i should have drafted more Devil Rays.

i just knew it
I was seriously thinking about getting nothing but Tampa Bay Ray players, but figured winning might be more fun.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make.

Rauld had proposed a blockbuster that included as the principals,(3b) Longoria and Ramirez (ss).

one of the few positives in Fantasy land this 1st week.

I realized there are less than 3-5 active baseball players I know of this year, and I might be getting one of them. In negotiations with "I Love Turtles!" to get Tim Linecum off him, and Im offering Andrew McCutchen.

oh shut up... I mean I dont even know if the trades good or bad but itd be nice to know who the hecks on your team. Yknow?! So.....Im not gonna trade......unless its one of thoise 3-5 players! There.

Just read up on 'em! The way to play isn't to just get players you already know of, but to learn about more players. I know I learned way, way more about football players in general when I started playing fantasy football. It's one of the perks of the game.

Yeah football was the same way for me too. Fantasy baseball isnt sinking in as easily or fast for me, but Rome was built brick by brick so Ill catch up

Is McCutchen for Linecum a good trade for both sides? Opinions? Cmon Dexter.... -lays out red carpet-

Well, it's a moot point because I was over at Adam's last night to watch the Bucco game and he told me he was going to pass on it. It's not a bad trade, but Lincecum's ranked higher pretty much everywhere; he's just got more upside this season, since when he's on he's basically the best pitcher in the game. McCutchen is young and exciting and quite good, but not a superstar yet. In my opinion he's been a little overdrafted, which is common for young guys who might be about to enjoy a breakout season. It's more "fun" to get those numbers speculatively than from some aging veteran, I suppose.

Anyone who didn't take or start Mark Teixeira figuring he'd get off to one of his historically weak starts...he just hit his fourth home run, another three-run job (this one right handed).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
In our league, Tongo picked him, and of course he's playing him. He's a first or second round pick, so anybody who drafts him would be wasting the pick if they didn't play him.

I tried to draft some Colts for my team, but sadly there were none avail'.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I know it's early on in the season, but I'm really not feeling my current roster already. Open to any trades of any kind, granted it doesn't help when my supposed top 2 players Holliday and Longoria are both out.

Ok need y'alls opinion. I was offered Tim Linecum for Mark Texiera. Should I? I am weak on pitching but Tex is a strong hitter.

* Edit in - Internet reserarch says I was right not taking Linecum, and giving up Texiera. Do you all agree?

if anybody wants Longoria, I'm willing to deal him. Granted he's out for 3 weeks-ish , but he should still put up Grady Sizemore like numbers or better.

A system of cells interlinked
Ok need y'alls opinion. I was offered Tim Linecum for Mark Texiera. Should I? I am weak on pitching but Tex is a strong hitter.

* Edit in - Internet reserarch says I was right not taking Linecum, and giving up Texiera. Do you all agree?
No - Lincecum is a MONSTER - he struck out 13 last night. Texiera is a strong hitter, but he's been super slumpy since he went to the Yanks. I should know, I have had him each year up until now...If you are weak in pitching and had a chance for Tim... Then again I guess it depends on what your power looks like overall.

^^^^^^^^^ Thanks again Seds!

Ok heres the 2 trade offers I have out...

Im offering Pedro Alvares to rauldc for Even Longoria.

Im offering Texeira to Adam for Linecum. Hopefully Ill get a bite.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I think the Longoria trade sort of determines the need for Mark or Tim... If you score Longoria, losing Texiera makes more sense, especially if your pitching is weak right now.

that trade is a fricken joke. Longoria is out 3-4 weeks tops. There are 25+ weeks in fantasy baseball, and Longoria was an all around 1st round pick this year. And you offer me some guy that got drafted mid-round. Granted I didn't expect a huge player back, but two half way decent players would have seemed a bit more fair.