Alice In Wonderland x2

Tools    

I have seen a few things about 2 different Alice in wonderland live action movies that are supposed to be released this year.

One is for the kids, a big budget remake of the classic children’s story starring Dakota Fanning

And the other is a dark adult version based on the video game "Alice" from EA. Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Anyone have any more info on these films?

I don't think any Alice In Wonderland movie can beat the Disney classic, I know they have made several live action versions all low budget and all that sucked. Though I think a dark twisted version might be cool but why Sarah Michelle Gellar?

What do you all think?

Originally Posted by Anomaly_X7
Though I think a dark twisted version might be cool but why Sarah Michelle Gellar?
What do you all think?
I think a dark version could be cool too. But isn't Gellar about 30 now? Isn't there a late teens, early 20s actress who could pull it off? I would think youth and innocence is needed for Alice. Does Gellar have either one?

How about Evan Rachel Wood from Thirteen?
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

I agree,

I have played the game and the story goes something like A few years after she came back from wonderland (I am guessing cause the character is older) her house burns down killing her parents but she survives and get put into a mental institution from the shock of seeing her family burned alive. Then she's like in a comatose state and returns to wonderland but it's all messed up.

So the character is supposed to be 16, 17. But Gellar is a bad choice I think.

Like you said a teen actor is need for that role. Honestly I would like to see Michelle Trachtenberg play dark Alice. She looks younger and I think she could pull off the twisted dark look that Alice is supposed to have in that storyline.

Though the kids version they are also making looks decent I think Dakota Fanning is a real good choice, she is a good little actress.

Well actually Johnny Depp is supposed to play the role for The Mad Hatter in the upcoming film titled Alice in Wonderland.. So not sure on the official cast yet, but that's what they're saying..

MorbidPig, that film is being directed by Tim Burton (perfect for Alice, don't you think?)

I actually thought this thread was about that film. Didn't know all these others existed...
That's what I'm talking about.. Johnny Depp is voicing The Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's version..

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If they made this a dark comedy or even like a horror that would be awsome.

I don't think Tim Burton will be doing anything based off a video game... Not his style

The movie with dakota fanning was rumored in 2004
and the one with sara michel geller was due for 2007

The movie with dakota fanning was rumored in 2004
and the one with sara michel geller was due for 2007
I would want to see an adaption starring Dakota Fanning rather than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I must be missing somethig because I always thought Alice in Wonderland WAS dark comedy horror.

A system of cells interlinked
The top pic of the Cheshire cat is clearly dark comedy/caricature. Have you read the story?

If Johnny Depp is in it I will watch it

The top pic of the Cheshire cat is clearly dark comedy/caricature. Have you read the story?
Yes I have. But what does the second picture have to do with anything as to "dark comedy"?