Twilight

Tools    

Registered Creature
I'm not a fan of the books, as I'm not really a fan of Stephanie Meyer's writing style. I'm honestly more of a Carmilla and Buffy fan lol.

But Kristen Stewart is in this, and I like her, I'm sure she'll be great.

I'm not a fan of the books, as I'm not really a fan of Stephanie Meyer's writing style. I'm honestly more of a Carmilla and Buffy fan lol.

Kristen Stewart was good in Speak. So I will most likely see this.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I confess right now, i am a 17 year old female and i despise Twilight. I've read Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles which is the best vampire series...ever...so i figured i'd give this a try and i hated everything about it. The plot is no better than the fan fictions on the internet (keep in mind i'm talking about the plot of the first book i haven't read the rest because the first one sucked so much) and like somebody said before i hate Meyer's writing style it's so overinflated with useless adjectives for everything, don't get me wrong i love beautiful writing and descriptions J.R.R. Tolkein style but she just can't pull it off in a teenage vampire novel i hated it. And unfortunately it is becoming popular like Harry Potter (which i love) i hate how teenage girls are obsessed with this it's depressing for me to think about. So in conclusion! I'm protesting this movie and just never going to see it...or spend money on it. I might see it out of curiousity if it's at a friends house or something

I confess right now, i am a 17 year old female and i despise Twilight. I've read Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles which is the best vampire series...ever...so i figured i'd give this a try and i hated everything about it. The plot is no better than the fan fictions on the internet (keep in mind i'm talking about the plot of the first book i haven't read the rest because the first one sucked so much) and like somebody said before i hate Meyer's writing style it's so overinflated with useless adjectives for everything, don't get me wrong i love beautiful writing and descriptions J.R.R. Tolkein style but she just can't pull it off in a teenage vampire novel i hated it. And unfortunately it is becoming popular like Harry Potter (which i love) i hate how teenage girls are obsessed with this it's depressing for me to think about. So in conclusion! I'm protesting this movie and just never going to see it...or spend money on it. I might see it out of curiousity if it's at a friends house or something
I highly enjoyed the books very well. The trailer looks good so why not give this a go, Rice?

Then again, this is my opinion...

i refuse to pay money for it but i will probably see it eventually because it's going to be one of those unavoidable movies i can tell

i refuse to pay money for it but i will probably see it eventually because it's going to be one of those unavoidable movies i can tell
By unavoidable you mean everybody's going to go gaga over it?

Registered Creature
Tolkien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meyer.

Tolkien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rowling.

I'm not really a Harry Potter fan, infact Harry Potter annoys me the way the Edward Cullen fangirls annoy me. :/

Tolkien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meyer.

Tolkien>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rowling.
eeeexactly! cept i still like HP but never in a fangirl way =\

I'm starting to offend people with my hatred of this series because i can't keep it in. I see people reading it and i tell them straight up i hate that book which is kind of rude but i can't help it! It's so horrible!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i admit i have never read this book and i don't really have much interest to, but honestly what annoys me is people's hatred for it being so popular. i think anything that gets more kids to read more is definitely a good thing. i know Harry Potter attracted a LOT of people, even some who probably never finished a book in their life. which is a good thing. some kids are too easily distracted with the Internet, and iPods to actually bother with books these days, and that depresses me. hell, i'm just happy that books like this exist because they got those kids who probably would have never taken an interest in reading if a series like this never existed. i mean, it's not the best quality of reading material but you can't expect most kids to cuddle up with Wuthering Heights or Catcher in the Rye.

my younger sister for example, who is fifteen, is the least scholastic person in America, and she loooooves this Twilight series. she reads the books every day or something, and i think she realizes now how great reading can be, because since then she's taken an interest in reading other things too, and even writing a little. it made me feel really proud of her.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I can't believe how popular it is. I read the book and was pleasantly surprised by it but not knocked out or anything.

When anything reaches this insane level of popularity it makes me uneasy. Nothing is that good, right? I start thinking people are sheep and all that.

LOL.

Same with a lot of you here, I'm just surprised at how popular's it's gotten. Not a horrible book, but it's really nothing compared to, say, HP. haha
But really. Some people I know that are obsessed with it don't even give Potter a chance, and all I can think is "God. You're reeeaaallly missing out, if you're impressed with that."
I'll go see it, but I'm not too sure.. looks kinda.. mehhh?

This thread makes me happy.

I was expecting to walk in here and find people gushing on about the books/movie etc.

I read the first book and found it to be uninspiring to use the kindest possible words.

Also, I'll echo the sentiments of rice1245 re: Anne Rice. I liked that series too and find that it, as a cohesive whole, is far superior to Twilight.

Ash, I do hear your point about getting kids to read. Well made and well taken.

I have read all four of the books including what was leaked out of Midnight Sun( Edwards version) I think the books got better as they progressed but I'm not sure the first movie will do them much justice. The actors weren't casted very well and didn't seem like they knew much about the characters ... I think the sequals will be better.

I heard the film has already been released in Miami, Florida. I want to see this film so bad, yet they feel this place deserves an early release!?

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator

Carmilla? Not many people know of it.