The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Originally Posted by DexterRiley
.so i just watched the Amazing Spiderman online.

and it was, in a word,
Awesome.

and hilarious.

the special FX left much to be desired. im all for realism and such but this was taking it too far imo.

Yeah, it looks much more comic book-y. After X-Men everyone seemed to want to make a semi-"realistic" version of each origin story. Now we're kinda going the other way, with The Avengers really embracing the bubblegum stuff, and seemingly the new Spider-Man doing the same. Big, outrageous spectacle, rather than trying to shoehorn a superhero into the real world.

Originally Posted by Powdered Water
The trailer I saw looked pretty damn good, I thought.

You didn't like it?
the trailer of the new flick does look great, but i was under the impression the villain was gonna be the Lizard. looks more like the Scorpion to me.

Originally Posted by DexterRiley
Originally Posted by Powdered Water
The trailer I saw looked pretty damn good, I thought.

You didn't like it?
the trailer of the new flick does look great, but i was under the impression the villain was gonna be the Lizard. looks more like the Scorpion to me.
Looked like a lizard to me. What ya'll got in the water up there?

Originally Posted by Yoda
Yeah, it looks much more comic book-y. Big, outrageous spectacle, rather than trying to shoehorn a superhero into the real world.
that will come in handy for when this guy pops up in the sequel

Semper Fooey
Early reports on ASM was they were going more realistic (and less expensive). I guess they changed their mind.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I hate judging an actor in a role without seeing the film, but I will say that the bits in the trailer with him cracking a joke about the doorman being intimidating and the one with him saying "You thought I was a cop in a blue and red skin-tight suit?" are just awful. I don't know if Garfield is to blame or terrible writing, but pretty much every "joke" he makes in the preview makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine this being anywhere close to the level of awesome that is Spider-Man 2. The somewhat more serious tone and Garfield's lousy jokes/delivery certainly make me disinterested.

That's how Spider-Man actually is in the comics, despite the darker tone. Every incarnation of Spider-Man that I've seen or read always makes bad puns and cheesy one-liners. None of them are all that clever, but that's kinda what made Spider-Man so awesome to a lot of people in the first place.

Yeah, I loved the costume/knife jokes. It's way more like a comic book come to life, whereas the Maguire version (good as it often was) felt more like reality with a superhero merely inserted into it.

that's what she said...
IM ON THE COUNTDOWN FOR OPENING DAY!!!!! Spider-Man is my fav of the superheros! Not only am I pumped for the movie of course, but I'm also excited that Emma Stone will have the female lead as at the moment she is my favorite female actress. (EVER SINCE MY OBSESSION--as you all know--WITH ZOMBIELAND)

that's what she said...
YOU DONT KNOW?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

here is Zombieland trailer...

Semper Fooey
I dunno if the one liners will work in a movie. It is the difference between comic books and movies. In comic books, well old ones, they are constantly talking during fight scenes. In movies that doesn't work. They were throwing wisecracks as far back as the forties, but it was Stan Lee who really pushed it in the sixties. I kind of preferred the early sixties DC approach with Green Lantern and Flash where you got mostly thought balloons involving strategy instead of talk ("okay he is doing that so I am going to do this").