NHL 08-09 Season

Tools    

As for Don Cherry, he just doesn't care for European players too much. There is something to the fact that there has only been one team in history captained by a European that has won the cup, Lidstrom last year with the Red Wings. But Ovechkin still is the best player in the league, and if he feels like a little hot-dogging when he scores his 50th of the year, so be it. Not many players are pulling that off anymore.

As for fighting, it is a necessary part of the game, I just think it's kind of lame with all these 'staged' fights, planned to happen before the game by the two opposing players, the spontaneity is lost, and too much of a good thing has it's appeal lost.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
This game so far is nuts! Great game.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Yeah, maybe not so great a game.

Even though we lost today (dissapointing) we're playing The Bolts and The Islanders the next two games (easy, hopefully), and then the Canadians so hopefully we'll gain some momentum off of that. I just hope we don't end up in 8th or something because I don't want to play the Bruins. They are hot as hell.

Time for the playoffs!!!

The Matchups:

Eastern
(1) Boston v. Montreal (8)
(2) Capitals v. Rangers (7)
(3) Devils v. Carolina (6)
(4) Penguins v. Flyers (5)

Western
(1) San Jose v. Ducks (8)
(2) Red Wings v. Columbus (7)
(3) Canucks v. St. Louis (6)
(4) Blackhawks v. Calgary (5)

How 'bout them Pens, jumping from 10th to 4th in less than two months?

I'm really excited, Pens v. Flyers is going to be an intense, competitive, balls to the wall match up. And hopefully we'll win (and I think we will).

My picks:

Eastern Conference

Boston in 5
Washington in 5
Carolina in 7
Pittsburgh in 6

Western Conference

San Jose in 6
Detroit in 5
Vancouver in 7
Calgary in 7

Let's see how bad I do. Anyone else want to make some playoff predictions?

I'll make predictions

Eastern
Boston in 5
Washington in 6
Carolina in 6
Pittsburgh in 6

Western
San Jose in 5
Detroit in 6
Vancouver in 5
Blackhawks in 7

Yeah, pretty much made the same predictions as you but it's hard not to considering the match-ups. I seriously can't see any of these lower seeds (cept for Carolina, mostly becaues I think the Devils are overrated) upsetting the higher ones. The only low seed I can see upsetting are the Blue Jackets, but they are playing the Red Wings.

Got tickets to Capitals Rangers tonight, pumped for the playoffs to kickoff!

-Hattori Hanzo

Oh boy, Penguins game in 5 minutes... I'm so damn excited.

NHL playoffs is the best thing in sports in my opinion, but I don't watch NCAA basketball much. Still, games are so freaking intense it's hard to watch sometimes.

Pens are looking good right now. The Flyers are looking pretty classless right now. Also, Hartnell is going to run out of things to throw if he isn't careful...

Anyway, the Rangers are surprising me somewhat. I have more confidence in Henrik than I do Jose, but I wasn't so sure the Rangers were going to be able to halt the offensive attack of the Capitals as well as they have been.

And the Sharks....oh boy.

6/8 not too shabby for me, Dill predicted 7/8 - even better. The number of games per series is off, but that's a hard one to guess.

Eastern

Boston vs. Carolina
Washington vs. Pittsburgh (this series should be entertaining)

Western

Detroit vs. Anaheim
Vancouver vs. Chicago

My predictions this round:

Boston in 6
Pittsburgh in 7
Detroit in 6
Vancouver in 7

Wow, I'm so phyced for our Penguins v. Capitals series. How great have our match-ups been? Flyers (our traditional rivals) and now the Capitals (our newfound rivals!)

Predictions:

Eastern
Carolina in 7 (Boston won't be prepared after playing an easy Montreal team to play a hot and sizzling Carolina team, who has a very potent offense and a great goalie)
Pittsburgh in 6 (Caps goalie will falter. They were playing the Rangers c'mon)

Western
Detroit in 5 (Detroit's too good to lose to an 8 seed, I don't care how good the Ducks are).
Vancouver in 7 (Tough one here, I don't know much about the Blackhawks, but I'll choose Vancouver based on the fact that they have a star goalie )

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not predicting anything except to say that you're still underestimating how well the Ducks are playing now, seeds be damned...

I'm not predicting anything except to say that you're still underestimating how well the Ducks are playing now, seeds be damned...
They are kicking a$$, I have to agree with you on that. But San Jose played terrible, and Detroit swept The Blue Jackets like it ain't no thang. I did win some money off the Carolina-New Jersey series from a co-worker though, not much, but the bragging rights were the real prize. I was tempted to go with Carolina, but something tells me it isn't happening, and in the end I hate them, they beat the Oilers in 7 games for the Stanley Cup a few years back.

Lets see if the Ducks can finish them off though. I can't see it. The Red Wings are the most experienced team in the league with one of the best coaches on home ice. Unless something crazy happens, the Red Wings will win (sadly).

Anywho, biggest game in the NHL for years today, at 7 P.M. (Eastern). PENGUINS V. CAPITALS game 7!!!!

Penguins
win 5-4 in overtime on a miraculous split the defenders Sidney Crosby play .

Insane game 7 coming tonight....