New Cat Power!

Tools    

Dark End of the Street will contain six songs originally by the Pogues, James Carr, Sandy Denny, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Otis Redding, and Aretha Franklin, which were recorded during Cat Power's Jukebox sessions. Four of the six are previously unpublished tracks.

Track Listing:

1. "Auld Triangle" (The Pogues)
2. "Dark End of the Street" (James Carr)
3. "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" (Sandy Denny/Fairport Convention)
4. "Fortunate Son" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
5. "I've Been Loving You Too Long" (To Stop Now) (Otis Redding)
6. "It Ain't Fair" (Aretha Franklin)

It will be released on December 9, 2008.

Cover Art:

Cool.... I'd love to hear her take on a few of those... especially Dark End of the Street and Fortunate Son...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They chopped the beginning of the song off, but here's Chan doing "Fortunate Son" in Berlin.
&NR=1

I am having a nervous breakdance
I want to marry Cat Power.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.