Favorite Movie Quotes?

Tools    

"Why would he do that? Because he’s a lummox, isn’t he? Well we shall have a magnificent garden party and not invite him!" Jack Sparrow
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
"I thought you might be worried... About the security of your ****!"
- Burn After Reading
LOL! That part always cracks me up

It's impossible for me to pick a favorite, so I think I'll be posting here sporadically. Here's my 1st:

And at the end of fear, oblivion

Roseanne: What a strange path it took to find my heart. (final line)

"Look at your reflection in the mirror. You're a creature of the night Michael, just like out of a comic book! You're a vampire Michael! My own brother, a f*ck*n*, vampire. You wait 'till mom finds out!" -- The Lost Boys

"How do you trust a man who wears suspenders and a belt? ---Once upon a time in the west

"What'dya do with the other guy?" ---Detour

"These cans are defective!" --- The Jerk

"Hah! You don't have the technology or the smooth hands to pull off a procedure like that" ---Superbad

" Alexander dumb ass"
"That's pronounced "doo mah" ---The Shawshank Redemption

"He's a good lawyer"
"He's a good lawyer?! He's the ******* prince of darkness!" --The Verdict

"Five months in Vietnam, and my best friend is a V.C. THIS WILL NOT LOOK GOOD ON A RESUMÈ!" --- Good morning, Vietnam

"Are you the man?" -- Sea of love

"And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn't pitching against left handers, he isn't pitching against pinch hitters, he isn't pitching against the Yankees. He's pitching against time. He's pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to use that aching old arm one more time to push the sun back up in the sky and give us one more day of summer". -- For Love of the game

John Merrick: I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man! - The Elephant Man

Chief Insp. Frederick Abberline: You told me to bring you 'Jack the Ripper' - you sign that piece of paper, and I will... Tonight! - Jack the Ripper (1988)

Chief Insp. Frederick Abberline - A woman was killed last friday, and if your mr Hyde was in the east end at the time, i would like to meet him.

Richard Mansfield - But you don't think i'm caught up in all of that, do you?

Chief Insp. Frederick Abberline - All of what? I would just like to meet the man who gave you your other face! The man who looks like mr Hyde!
And your going to introduce us...NOW!

Jack the Ripper (1988)

Serenity " I swallowed a bug"

"Wanted in fourteen counties of this state, the condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder; armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices; the theft of sacred objects; arson in a state prison; perjury; bigamy; deserting his wife and children; inciting prostitution; kidnapping; extortion; receiving stolen goods; selling stolen goods; passing counterfeit money; and contrary to the laws of this state the condemned is guilty of using marked cards and loaded dice. Therefore, according to the powers vested in us we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez-"

"Known as the Rat."

"...and any other aliases he might have to hang by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on his soul. Proceed."

some time later

"Wanted in fifteen counties of this state, the condemned standing before us ...sitting before us... Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez has been found guilty by the Third District Circuit Court of the following crimes: murder, assaulting a justice of the peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statutory rape of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passengers, bank robbery, highway robbery, robbing an unknown number of Post Offices, breaking out of the state prison, discharging firearms...(inaudible) - using marked cards and loaded dice, promoting prostitution, blackmail...(inaudible) - illegal postal pick up...(inaudible) - intention of selling fugitive slaves...(inaudible) - and sheriff's office in Sonora, counterfeiting and passing counterfeit money, crimes against places of high authority...(inaudible) - burning down the courthouse...(inaudible) - hired himself out as guide on a wagon train, after receiving his payment in advance, he deserted the wagon train in the hunting grounds of the Sioux Indians...(inaudible) - a steamboat...(inaudible) - after throwing the pilot overboard...(inaudible) - turned over due to lack of skill at the wheel...(inaudible). The condemned is also guilty of cattle rustling, horse thievery, supplying Indians with firearms...(inaudible) - alcohol...(inaudible) - misrepresenting himself as a Mexican General...(inaudible) - unlawfully drawing salary and living allowances from the Union Army. For all these crimes the accused has made a full and spontaneous confession. Therefore we condemn him to be hung by the neck until dead, may the lord have mercy on his soul. Proceed."

Within the (inaudible) areas are substantial and lengthy charges which cannot be heard due to other dialogue mixed over them.

Dracula: The blood is the life... and it shall be mine.

Dracula: I am the monster that breathing men would kill. I am Dracula.

Dracula: Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds... true love?

Dracula: I have crossed oceans of time to find you.

Dracula: I condemn you to living death. To eternal hunger for living blood.

Dracula: I... love you too much to condemn you.

Dracula (1992)

I have a plethora of film quotes I love.

Here is one from the 1952 film, On Dangerous Ground:

"Why do you make me do it? You know you're gonna talk! I'm gonna make you talk! I always make you punks talk! Why do you do it? Why?"

"He has all the time in the world ... "
Aliens (1986)

Newt (aka Carrie Henn) : My mommy always said there were no monsters - no real ones - but there are.

Ripley (aka Sigourney Weaver): Yes, there are, aren't there?

Saw III

Amanda
: I'm sorry. I know it's hard to concentrate when you're surrounded by so many things you could kill me with. Like this axe I saw you looking at.
[holds the axe out to Lynn]
Amanda: Take it. Please, it's yours. Come on. I go for the neck, but I'm not the brain surgeon. Just do it quietly so John doesn't hear me die. Otherwise, he is likely to get upset, rip off his heart rate monitor - boom! Then, you just have to find the sensor and disarm it so you can walk more than thirty feet out that door without the collar detonating. Or, you could try and take the collar off yourself. But that could be tricky. The slightest knock in the wrong place could trigger it. I should know. I built it.

Movie Forums Extra
Terminator - "I'll be back!"

I don't remember it word for word, but mine would be a few lines from the beginning of "Blow." The father (Ray Liotta) is telling George (Johnny Depp) that money is not real, it only seems like it is. Something about when you're flush it's never as good as it seems and when your bust you never think you'll be up again but life always goes on.